KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

CARIMI "BUZZ": OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tipoupouche

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fanatikonpa wrote:
tjerry wrote:
SESA KIPA BON NAN HMI LAN WI DOLA PARET AVEK ON BEL ALBUM PAGIN 20 MOUN SOU BOARD LA KI RINMIN'L UNLESS SE BON FANATIK KOMPA OUYE OR ZOREIL OU BON KIPOU FERW RINMIN'L EPI TOU DOLA PAGIN MAKOUT/SOLDAT DEYER'L TOU KIFER LIPA RIVE KOTE LITA dwe RIVE A GADE CARIMI PARET AVEK ON BOULLON RECHOFE TEKNO POP R&B BANOU NOUDI KONSA LIBON MONCHERRRRR HAISYIN PAP JAM RIVE VRE SISE KONSA MENTALITE NOU TOUT TEYE PATAP GIN T RES HAITI A ANKOR NON HMMMMMM LER NOU KOMPARE ALBUM DOLA A CARIMI AN SE BAGAY TERIBLE NET WI E TANDISKE CARIMI GIN PLIS FANATIK PASE'L PLUS YO MIN'M DI ALBUM ZOUKCARIMI AN PI BLE PASE'L MONCHERRR OHH ONLY N THIS SO CALL HMI SA POU BAGAY SA FERT anyway tvice gin pou'l voye dlo sou buzz sa real soon

Monche mwen we saw vle di a, Dola gen yon bel album vre , but ou pa vreman ka konpare , Usher avek Justin Timberlake avek NE-yo... you get my drift... epi Dola pat fe tout buzz sa lol talking marketing wise...

Se p amaji se travay di a se pa pou konpa a selman , se nan marketing ou tou wi frere...

Se la selman mwen we neg Dola yo peche , pa nan music yo non... mwen pap vin konpare Dola ak Carimi an lar du tout...

As far as good konpa , straight out konpa direk is concerned, yes dola gen yon pi bon album, but se apples and oranges, so fok ou pa fe trop kole, Carimi se Konpa POP li jwe ok brother

Can someone please explain to me the term "KONPA POP" - I am not getting it !!!!

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Harmonikman, do me a favor: If you cannot address me by my screenname, then please do not address or quote me at all. This is a forum where I assume we are all mature adults that can carry a healthy debate without resorting to name calling. We can all agree to disagree with respect. If you have nothing of substance to say/contribute in this thread OR you cannot mentally challenge me or my thoughts, then please do ignore me. Thank you! Arrow

Tipoupuche wrote:
Quote:
@DaRealNessa

Now you talking... The way you spin it here is real and I agree... Before, I felt that a lot of people were afraid to stated the fact... Carimi scores big and I was there Friday night at SOB's.. I am afraid that if they do not take this opporunity to different level, it will be a huge and long mountain to climb again... This is their moment and I do not believe for a second... It has anything to do with the CD... The fans were looking for a reason to go behind Carimi... They have been doing an excellent job with the media.... and Yes the CD has new stuff and buillon chaffe.. from that perspective, I can see why some does like the CD.. Pleae bear in mind... Anything that is new, takes time to like.... In due time... the sentiment might be different...

Thank you, Tipoupouche! At least you took the time to grasp what I was saying and elaborate. You, too, have made some very valid points. Idea

Marika

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just because Carimi is not your cup of tea it does not mean they did not work hard to please their targeted audience and scored and even grab the attention of non officially labelled as fans because the songs are catchy, well put together.

They can easily be recognized as Carimi songs since they did not loose their musical identity

fanatikonpa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tipoupouche wrote:
fanatikonpa wrote:
tjerry wrote:
SESA KIPA BON NAN HMI LAN WI DOLA PARET AVEK ON BEL ALBUM PAGIN 20 MOUN SOU BOARD LA KI RINMIN'L UNLESS SE BON FANATIK KOMPA OUYE OR ZOREIL OU BON KIPOU FERW RINMIN'L EPI TOU DOLA PAGIN MAKOUT/SOLDAT DEYER'L TOU KIFER LIPA RIVE KOTE LITA dwe RIVE A GADE CARIMI PARET AVEK ON BOULLON RECHOFE TEKNO POP R&B BANOU NOUDI KONSA LIBON MONCHERRRRR HAISYIN PAP JAM RIVE VRE SISE KONSA MENTALITE NOU TOUT TEYE PATAP GIN T RES HAITI A ANKOR NON HMMMMMM LER NOU KOMPARE ALBUM DOLA A CARIMI AN SE BAGAY TERIBLE NET WI E TANDISKE CARIMI GIN PLIS FANATIK PASE'L PLUS YO MIN'M DI ALBUM ZOUKCARIMI AN PI BLE PASE'L MONCHERRR OHH ONLY N THIS SO CALL HMI SA POU BAGAY SA FERT anyway tvice gin pou'l voye dlo sou buzz sa real soon

Monche mwen we saw vle di a, Dola gen yon bel album vre , but ou pa vreman ka konpare , Usher avek Justin Timberlake avek NE-yo... you get my drift... epi Dola pat fe tout buzz sa lol talking marketing wise...

Se p amaji se travay di a se pa pou konpa a selman , se nan marketing ou tou wi frere...

Se la selman mwen we neg Dola yo peche , pa nan music yo non... mwen pap vin konpare Dola ak Carimi an lar du tout...

As far as good konpa , straight out konpa direk is concerned, yes dola gen yon pi bon album, but se apples and oranges, so fok ou pa fe trop kole, Carimi se Konpa POP li jwe ok brother

Can someone please explain to me the term "KONPA POP" - I am not getting it !!!!

Ah mon cher la wap cheche la petite bete.. mwen baw yon expressyon konsa poum montrew ke Carimi an ap jwen yon style different, koulye a wap mande explication....

Ti-Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tipoupouche wrote:
Hmmmm !!!!!! Let me go and clean my ears... I am not getting the vibe !!!

For as much I love Carimi.. one thing that I will say, I was dissapointed !!!! - I was at SOB Friday night and I can see the fans are hungry for the band... Did they meet my expectation... Absolutely NOT !!!!! - I listened to the CD on my way home - One thing that I can say... The recording is breathing taken.... Crystal clear... In term of the music itself !!!! I am not feeling it !!!! - Give me BANG BANG and Are you ready anytime !!! - I would not be surprised if people skips a lot of songs when listening to the CD... I can see 2-3 songs maximum that people will want to hear all the time..... I will wait for the LIVE.. I have a feeling it will be better !!!

I agree with you 100% TiPoupouche. I'm not a fan of Carimi at all.
I was hoping for that CD to turn me into a believer. However that did not happen. Like you mention above, the CD is crystal clear with a lot of groove and great tambou display. The band is definitely getting huge BUZZ by the fans and especially with this amazing video. However, the CD is more hype than the actual material being good. Pa manje'm non Laughing Laughing .
Carimi still have to improve in their live display in order to really show legit threat to bands like Nu-look, T-Vice, Djakout and so on. Demanti'm si nou kapab????

bambyvicekreyol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JimBo wrote:

FRENCH.....
Ce n'est plus une question de s'ils marquaient ; la question est maintenant COMBIEN GRAND ayez-les a marqué

Shocked Shocked Shocked le lang lan pa pou ou, mezanmi pa masakre li!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Sak pa kontan --> Poursuit ton coridor...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DonGabbana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bambyvicekreyol wrote:
JimBo wrote:

FRENCH.....
Ce n'est plus une question de s'ils marquaient ; la question est maintenant COMBIEN GRAND ayez-les a marqué

Shocked Shocked Shocked le lang lan pa pou ou, mezanmi pa masakre li!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Se franse Languichatte yo Laughing Laughing Laughing
Se Jimbo ki pou ta fè Bamby tounen sou board lan Razz Razz Razz
An pasan mi amor ou pap ajoute 2 grenn sèl ou nan review an Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Se sujè inisyal lan kanmenm Very Happy

bambyvicekreyol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Im not gonna lie, I haven't heard it. I've been hibernating in Orlando for a while, m mpa kwe li rive orlando non. I know I can easily get a copy from a friend but I didnt want to do that, so I'm waiting til I go to MIA next week then I'll get it and I'll be able to comment!
sel mizik mwen tande se fanm sa move sou facebook, mizik sa move a mort!

Sak pa kontan --> Poursuit ton coridor...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kryssou

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been jamming to the cd since saturday morning and not once have I skipped 1 song!!! I can honeslty say that I'm IN LOVE with Buzz! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

It's truly hard for me to pick a favorite cuz I love EVERY SINGLE SONG!!! Mr. Green "Mwen dezole", "Fe'm kado'w" and "We the best" are at the top of my list tho! Wink Bottom line, Carimi MOST DEFINITELY delivered with this album!!! Mr. Green Wink

Kounye an leu mpral nan Carimi, mpral oblije cheche yon affaire pou mdanse cuz mpap ka ret kanpe nan yon ti kwen ap gade moun kap plogue! Laughing Anpil timoun pral fet sou album sa a tou! Laughing The haitian population might triple in the coming yrs all cuz of Carimi! Laughing Razz Laughing

kompekok

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All I have to say is that neither T-Vice nor Harmonik have anything to worry about with regard to this album, which is sorely lacking. Aside from Fem Kadow’ all the lyrics are wacky. “Si tu es l’esclavage…” what is that? Rolling Eyes

(Dadou Pasquet)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: