KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

CARIMI "BUZZ": OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat your review is on point man!!!! Honestly, after reading your review, there's no need for me to finish mine! Very Happy

Well done and I share your sentiments man!!!!

All i will add is this: If you haven't gotten your hands on that CD, hurry and cop it now!!!!!!!!!

Carimi has established themselves as the HMI pace setter. The album has a euro feel to it. Fans (male and female) will love it, musicians (like myself) will appreciate. I think everyone should sit down and take some note....... Carimi has invested in some new sounds and it's gonna PAY OFF!!!!

-Fabrice Rouzier

Last edited by yef on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Kompadouce

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great review Pat! Thanks!

LES_POINTS_SUR_LES_ZI

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tipoupouche wrote:
Hmmmm !!!!!! Let me go and clean my ears... I am not getting the vibe !!!

For as much I love Carimi.. one thing that I will say, I was dissapointed !!!! - I was at SOB Friday night and I can see the fans are hungry for the band... Did they meet my expectation... Absolutely NOT !!!!! - I listened to the CD on my way home - One thing that I can say... The recording is breathing taken.... Crystal clear... In term of the music itself !!!! I am not feeling it !!!! - Give me BANG BANG and Are you ready anytime !!! - I would not be surprised if people skips a lot of songs when listening to the CD... I can see 2-3 songs maximum that people will want to hear all the time..... I will wait for the LIVE.. I have a feeling it will be better !!!

Maybe Sa Ka Rive Pou'w Skip Paske A Chak Fwa Ou Fin Tande Yonn
Ou Gen Enpresyon Ou Paka Rèt Tann Pou Al Tande Yon Lòt .
Tèlman Mizik Yo Bon . . . Si'w Te Kapab Ou Ta Tande Tout A LaFwa .

Chak Moun Gen Zòrèy Pa Yo Vre !!!
Mwen Map Tande'l Mwen Poko Skip Yonn Nan Track Yo .

Si'w Vle Ou Ka Pran Risk Konpare ALBUM Sa Ak Lòt Carimi Fè Deja .
Men Ou Ka Di Li Pa Bon . . . Tout MIZIK Yo Bon .

MIZIKALMAN . . . pou'm pa di lòt " MAN " ALBUM SA ENKONPARAB !!!

Last edited by LES_POINTS_SUR_LES_ZI on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

tipoupouche

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

daphnee wrote:
tipoupouche wrote:
Hmmmm !!!!!! Let me go and clean my ears... I am not getting the vibe !!!

For as much I love Carimi.. one thing that I will say, I was dissapointed !!!! - I was at SOB Friday night and I can see the fans are hungry for the band... Did they meet my expectation... Absolutely NOT !!!!! - I listened to the CD on my way home - One thing that I can say... The recording is breathing taken.... Crystal clear... In term of the music itself !!!! I am not feeling it !!!! - Give me BANG BANG and Are you ready anytime !!! - I would not be surprised if people skips a lot of songs when listening to the CD... I can see 2-3 songs maximum that people will want to hear all the time..... I will wait for the LIVE.. I have a feeling it will be better !!!

Shocked Shocked Laughing seriously Pouche??? "Are you ready" though??? I think you got caught up in the hype my friend and you probably expected something extraordinary and out of this world...but I dont think that's really Carimi's doing. Either way I respect your opinion Laughing

I think you are right... For all the hype I read the past week, when I finally got to listen to it, I was very dissapointed.... I truly believe Bang Bang is better than this CD.... With that said, I strongly beleive that a live of this cd version will bring the sun out of this CD.......

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Les Points, you have good ears! Wink At the album listening party, Richard did mention that people should/will hear the maturity in the band on this album. As I stated in my review of the session, he said that this is the first time that CaRiMi used LIVE congas on their album. Bon bagay! Laughing

Thanks for the review, KM!

My favorite song on this CD is hands down FEM KADOW! I am IN LOVE! Richard sings this with so much emotion. Beautiful!

I also love Carry Me, We The Best (I so look forward to this LIVE), Officiel (too funny! LOL), and Mwen Dezole (the acoustic version is my favorite of the 2 versions).

At SOBs this past Friday, BUZZ WAS FIYAAAAAAAAAA!!! Anmwey!! Fans already knew the song word for word. Are you ready to fly, bliye sa! LOL I had on my heels and I was flying! LOL Laughing

Conclusion
In plain and simple terms, CaRiMi scored with this album. How? They dared to take risks without losing their identity! Point blank! Some bands tend to take risk by adopting the styles of others or going with son la ri a. I'm not knocking that strategy down but it can make you lose your die-hard fans. CaRiMi stayed true to their style and their fans--target market--have been served. Idea

Marika

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do not have a favorite yet but this album is a real sign of a band with maturity and that really took the time to understand its "targeted market" and will work wonders for them!

tipoupouche

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Marika"]I do not have a favorite yet but this album is a real sign of a band with maturity and that really took the time to understand its "targeted market" and will work wonders for them

That I agree with

Last edited by tipoupouche on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

tjerry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

M PA TANDE BAGAY T DEMAZYEL MWEN MIN'M SE LAGE KOMPA DIRECT NAN L'ESTOMAK MWEN GELER SESA KIFER BUZZ LA PA FIN'N RIVE POU MWEN AN T BAGAY SAYO POU DEMWAZE'L YO YE BAGAY TULUTUTU SAYO PAKA FERM HIGHHHH SE BON KOMPA LOU BON KORD SERYE BON GONG ,BON TAMBOU KI FERM HIGHH SEPA T ZOUK/TEKNO/R&B KI FERM HIGH PAPA NEXTTTTTTTT

tipoupouche

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tjerry wrote:
M PA TANDE BAGAY T DEMAZYEL MWEN MIN'M SE LAGE KOMPA DIRECT NAN L'ESTOMAK MWEN GELER SESA KIFER BUZZ LA PA FIN'N RIVE POU MWEN AN T BAGAY SAYO POU DEMWAZE'L YO YE BAGAY TULUTUTU SAYO PAKA FERM HIGHHHH SE BON KOMPA LOU BON KORD SERYE BON GONG ,BON TAMBOU KI FERM HIGHH SEPA T ZOUK/TEKNO/R&B KI FERM HIGH PAPA NEXTTTTTTTT

TJerry... I think Marika said it best.... They catered to a targeted market - you are not part of that... Most people who admire Nu-Look as an example, (I mean die har core fan) will have a hard time fall in love with this CD .... My ears have been condition for some serious kompa... Whenever I heard them, I know !!!! I gave Carimi a big kudo for the recording as for the rest... Chak pin gin fomage yo !!!!

JimBo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Marika wrote:
I do not have a favorite yet but this album is a real sign of a band with maturity and that really took the time to understand its "targeted market" and will work wonders for them!

OU PA KO GEN YO'N FAVORITE MARIKA Question Question Question Laughing Laughing Laughing
ENFIN.............

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: