KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ANBASAD CAMP: CD REVIEW + LISTEN TO 4 TRACKS OFF NEW CD!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: ANBASAD CAMP: CD REVIEW + LISTEN TO 4 TRACKS OFF NEW CD! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a RAP KREYOL group that's creating lots of havoc in Haiti right now. They sold 3000 cds sold the FIRST WEEK in Haiti when it came out according to their producer. They are ANBASAD CAMP, and they also feature a member of Barikad Crew by the name of IZOLAN.

We're posting 4 songs off of their 15 track CD that just came out (STAY TUNED FOR THE REVIEW)...The 4 songs that we chose are to show the diversity off the group's cd...

*POU OU...A Love/mellow track
*PA RIVE SOU MWEN...GANGSTA track
*JENES LA...MESSAGE TRACK for "La Jeunesse"
*PI WO...Bragging track

****CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW****

1)*POU OU
http://www.4shared.com/file/144622277/67aa3146/ANBASAD_CAMP_-_Pou_Ou.html

2)*PA RIVE SOU MWEN
http://www.4shared.com/file/144622255/bb9232e8/ANBASAD_CAMP_-_Pa_Rive_Sou_Mwen.html

3)*JENES LA
http://www.4shared.com/file/144622272/17c0c5c9/ANBASAD_CAMP_-_Jenes_La.html

4)*PI WO
http://www.4shared.com/file/144622278/f7152cd7/ANBASAD_CAMP_-_Pi_Wo.html

Here is a little review of the ANBASAD camp cd

*PIWO: The banging kickoff track that leads the CD. The beat is sick. Very commercial track. I love the line "LEU'M TAP RAP...YO DI'M TE LOCO...KOUNIEN AN SE YO KAP BAT BRAVO", and also "OU KA PRAN RAP DASO..Min OU PAP JANM ATIS". I wonder who that last line is addressed to.

*JENES LA: Could easily serve as a public announcement track on Haitian television, and also used as a great marketing tool in the process. SAFE SEX message for the young crowd that the Rap Kreyol movement has attracted.

*NOU HOT: A Gangster track with a funny intro about the group ridiculing themselves as "soft rappers". Once that intro is done, and the lyrics and beat for this one comes in, you see that this one was made for the streets and their credibility to show that they are straight up thugs. "HOT" as in hot temper...once you set them off.

*ESKE'W RINMIN COUPE: Nice play of words with this song while being DIRECT and INDIRECT at the same time. ESKE'W RINMIN COUPE....CLOUE (The legendary artist). The female voice is nice in there.

*PA RIVE SOU MWEN: One of my favorite tracks on the CD. STRAIGHT UP GANGSTA. 1,2,3,4 SHOT FOR MY NIGGAS. Nice police sirens, as well as a voice talking like a cop on the car radio brings some nice additions to this track. If not some words in KREYOL, this song could easily pass for a regular top notch RAP GROUP song in the U.S, and also easily used as some sort of ghetto anthem in America whether it be the streets of New York, Florida, Houston, Compton and others. LOVE THAT TRACK a lot.

*JERE FRESH OU: A nice slogan who unfortunately for me does not have the strongest/tightest beat to back it up. A slogan/saying that I can easily see come "A LA MODE" or en vogue when the kids are talking to each other. "JERE FRESH OU" meaning make sure you look tight in the way that you dress.

*POU OU: The "crossover" track that can get listeners that are NOT fans of Rap Kreyol to listen to the CD. From the very beautiful piano intro, the story and music brings you in. Story about a guy talking to a girl whose relationship has gone sour, letting her know that he got major heat from his family because of "HER", and whatever she promised him did NOT come true. Now he's hurting.

ALL IN ALL, this ANBASAD CAMP CD is very very good. STRONG MATERIAL, and the beats on the record are excellent. The rappers are also on point. If you are a fan of RAP KREYOL, make sure you cop this joint.

BRAVO ANBASAD CAMP.

The CD has 15 tracks on there.

It is also available for download sale at ITUNES, CD BABY, AMAZON and more.

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:50 pm; edited 3 times in total

reginaldo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This album is not bad at all, guys you need to check it out.
they also have a nice video. "neg sa yo pa real". i really love it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plyEVLtuDHg

Mwen kontan wè ke KM pran yon ti tan pou li pale de lot djaz hip hop kreyol a part de RockFam ak Barikad.

BPC Tout tan !!!

Mizikpanou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not bad

I like "Jenes la" and "Pi Wo"

But something is missing especially in the first two tracks,
Maybe the productions.
that's my opinion

I think we need to pay more attention to those Rap Kreyol groups
as they feed the youth with positive message

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KM PAT w sou 2 main w ampil wi ti gason
bon bagayyyyyyyyyyyyyy PAT

sak fet la, fe'm kontan pou tout res jounen an Wink Wink

Very Very Good job PAT
mesi ampil

ti mesyeu sa yo bon ampil

BPC reprezant

ZENGLEN PI RED

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: ANBASAD CAMP CD REVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a little review of the ANBASAD camp cd

*PIWO: The banging kickoff track that leads the CD. The beat is sick. Very commercial track. I love the line "LEU'M TAP RAP...YO DI'M TE LOCO...KOUNIEN AN SE YO KAP BAT BRAVO", and also "OU KA PRAN RAP DASO..Min OU PAP JANM ATIS". I wonder who that last line is addressed to.

*JENES LA: Could easily serve as a public announcement track on Haitian television, and also used as a great marketing tool in the process. SAFE SEX message for the young crowd that the Rap Kreyol movement has attracted.

*NOU HOT: A Gangster track with a funny intro about the group ridiculing themselves as "soft rappers". Once that intro is done, and the lyrics and beat for this one comes in, you see that this one was made for the streets and their credibility to show that they are straight up thugs. "HOT" as in hot temper...once you set them off.

*ESKE'W RINMIN COUPE: Nice play of words with this song while being DIRECT and INDIRECT at the same time. ESKE'W RINMIN COUPE....CLOUE (The legendary artist). The female voice is nice in there.

*PA RIVE SOU MWEN: One of my favorite tracks on the CD. STRAIGHT UP GANGSTA. 1,2,3,4 SHOT FOR MY NIGGAS. Nice police sirens, as well as a voice talking like a cop on the car radio brings some nice additions to this track. If not some words in KREYOL, this song could easily pass for a regular top notch RAP GROUP song in the U.S, and also easily used as some sort of ghetto anthem in America whether it be the streets of New York, Florida, Houston, Compton and others. LOVE THAT TRACK a lot.

*JERE FRESH OU: A nice slogan who unfortunately for me does not have the strongest/tightest beat to back it up. A slogan/saying that I can easily see come "A LA MODE" or en vogue when the kids are talking to each other. "JERE FRESH OU" meaning make sure you look tight in the way that you dress.

*POU OU: The "crossover" track that can get listeners that are NOT fans of Rap Kreyol to listen to the CD. From the very beautiful piano intro, the story and music brings you in. Story about a guy talking to a girl whose relationship has gone sour, letting her know that he got major heat from his family because of "HER", and whatever she promised him did NOT come true. Now he's hurting.

ALL IN ALL, this ANBASAD CAMP CD is very very good. STRONG MATERIAL, and the beats on the record are excellent. The rappers are also on point. If you are a fan of RAP KREYOL, make sure you cop this joint.

BRAVO ANBASAD CAMP.

The CD has 15 tracks on there.

It is also available for download sale at ITUNES, CD BABY, AMAZON and more.

KM!

fanatikonpa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KM any idea who produced the beats on that cd? it sounds a bit like t-ansyto... Can you confirm?

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FANATIK KONPA

M-MIX (used to be down with BC beat master FRED HYPE) is the one responsible for ANBASAD CAMP's beats I was told.

I was also told that TI ANSYTO did the MASTERING for the whole cd.

KM!

fanatikonpa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool thx, i like wha i hear... its nice to see tha the sound is catching up across the HMI different flavors.... HMI Make over i say once again lol

labellekira

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bay malheur net...mwen paka tann poum al ayiti pou music en folie too get my copy...

PI WO AND PA RIVE SOU MWEN
ARE MY TWO FAVS

AC BC BABY....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bella_mafia1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mwen renmen ti Nouvo sa yo wii -- Very Very Good !!!

Mwen gentan download tracks yo -- Fok yo ta vini fe distribution CD yo par bor icit Very Happy Very Happy Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: