Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - CARIMI MANAGER REVEALS PROBLEM BEHIND HMI SUMMER TOUR BLUES!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

CARIMI MANAGER REVEALS PROBLEM BEHIND HMI SUMMER TOUR BLUES!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonGabbana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CARIMI... Al'on DJAZ SERYE sa Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Yo pa pè BAY DETAY Razz Razz Razz E lòt yo Very Happy

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fito sounds pretty sincere in his assessment of the situation.

Nu look's album had better still be working for them, because they probably dont have another one coming out for another 3 years.

NU LOOK se chak election year yo fe album.

JimBo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DonGabbana wrote:
CARIMI... Al'on DJAZ SERYE sa Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Yo pa pè BAY DETAY Razz Razz Razz E lòt yo Very Happy

DJAZZ SERYE SE RANS Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'M GONNA TRY POU MWEN AL ENJOY DJAZZ LA NA PARK LA PITA IF I'M BACK FROM WORK IN TIME BEFORE YO AL ENJOY RES SUMMER A NA ANTILLES Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MenkiJan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bon bagay

FUNKY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks 4 the update Fito....Kembé Rèd Cool

sexype

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the update. I hope CaRiMi do better next year.

you can hurt me physically but you can never hurt my soul...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
harmonikman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow.......Bagay yo red wi anba a annee sa...but i am surprise that Fito dont say nothing about Harmonik because i have seen him in several Harmonik bals.

leodor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
We asked FITO about the BEST and WORST CARIMI bal on the SUMMER HAITI TOUR in terms of numbers, he told me "We did 600 AU CAP by ourselves. We also had good numbers with the party that we did with T-VICE. The worst one in terms of number was CAMP-PERRIN. We did 300 there. The CAMP-PERRIN was not even on the schedule, we were just told that we were doing that gig on the day that we arrived THAT DAY, so we went there and played after arriving at the airport. It was on a Thursday, and that same town had TVICE on Friday, and NU LOOK on Saturday. I think on Thursday, the people from outside of Camp-Perrin will NOT make the trip as they don't leave their place/cities until Friday

Carimi played at Lakay Restaurant Au Cap, and the place can't not hold more than 100. 100 people at Lakay Restaurant is a stretch. Unless they played at Feu vert or Tropicana Night Club, and they did not 600 at Lakay is beyond impossible.

leodor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
Fito sounds pretty sincere in his assessment of the situation.

Nu look's album had better still be working for them, because they probably dont have another one coming out for another 3 years.

NU LOOK se chak election year yo fe album.

It's funny with the Nu Look bashing. All bands do the same thing. Nu Look's album came out two years after all other major bands released theirs. It's been a year and half since Nu Look's album came out and not one single band has a new one. But you're only interested on Nu Look's next album.

Aesha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: CARIMI MANAGER REVEALS PROBLEM BEHIND HMI SUMMER TOUR BL Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
We asked CARIMI manager FITO FARINEN if indeed there is a RECESSION in Haiti that is affecting the Summer tours like some have alluded to, this is what he told me.

FITO FARINEN "YES there is. I think the problem is THERE ARE TOO MANY BANDS DOWN THERE NOW. Also, the fans just want something NEW in terms of the way the parties are packaged. IT'S A MATTER OF STRATEGY down there in order to do well or survive. It's affecting every band."4

- We have been living in a recession here in the US for about 6-9 months now, and that's a fact. Why can't the same reasoning be applied to us here?

- The fans do pick and choose more carefully which bals they will attend in an attempt to spend wisely and for the longest have we been asking for something new.

- Why hasn't this issue been tackled for us here in the US?
And is there a new strategy being put in place to address it now? (less expensive bals, better music quality, new grooves/sound/songs)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: