Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - KREYOL LA 4th ANNIVERSARY
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

KREYOL LA 4th ANNIVERSARY
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zabelbok

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: KREYOL LA 4th ANNIVERSARY Reply with quote Back to top

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND CONGRATULATIONS TO KREYOL LA for 4 years of hard work, dedication and success.

I was at Kreyol La's 4th anniversary concert in Champ de Mars.

Obviously this was a free event. From the commercials it was supposed to happen between 12pm and 12am with a combinations of events (car and motorcycles races to take place before the performances etc...)

I was not there for the whole event, mostly because I knew the 12pm to 12am thing was pure crap. I made it there at 7h30pm, right after the performance of RAM (a part of wich I caught on TV).

RAM: they were their usual funky selves, right before the sound was cut off completely and they had to make up with their "bande a pied" format, which was completely wasted on a crowd of over 30,000 people.

BROTHERS POSSE: they did the same show they have been doing for 6 years (right where their last album left off). The crowd reacted but not as much as they used to...6 YEARS of seeing the same show gets a little boring.

BARIKAD CREW: the crowd was going nuts for these guys even before they stepped on stage mostly because the MCs were hyping it up. They were just OK in my opinion. Although I am a HUGE fan, I must say that their performance lacked interaction with the public (could be due to the fact that there are never enough mics for a group of 8 rappers). Once they got into the carnival, the crowd went wild.

So far, I must say Zabel is not very impressed, paske se performance map gade like any other. Nothing fancy, spectacular or anything.

All this time, I must say that KREYOL LA's OUTSTANDING SUPPORT STAFF (I mean gen ninpot 50 moun nan bagay sa! probably those crazy fanatics who come on the board sometimes) were giving out candles and matches for the crowd to light up for the main event.

THEN, we get into the real show.

All lights are off, candles lit and fireworks going crazy (I really got into it as we don't get much of these shows in Haiti).

Then they do what the people standing around me call "a combination of their best scene entrances" (that I have honestly never seen, cause I don't go to Kreyol La much, so at this point I am REALLY enjoying this)

Some guy looking like DEATH, complete with a black hooded robe looking like he is pulling the guys from the ground (basically they are appearing on stage through a hole in the ground and on a lift).

Then DEATH turns around and does the same on the other side and we have Ti Ansyto (DEATH) and the Kreyol La team who quickly take their positions while Ti Ansyto does his "Maestro" conducting an orchestra thing.

Crowd is going crazy, because the light show is AWESOME, and the boys are dressed in white suits with fedora hats.

Then Ti Joe and Ti Ansyto start with Plon Gaye I think, they follow with parts of their carnivals and it's all downhill from there.

The stage is still great though, with pyrotechnics and everything. Then they cut a cake or something...bon mwen tou ale tou...Only to hear that they only played one song after the cake thing because the police asked them to close the show.

ALL IN ALL: Good show and presentation by Kreyol La although it was too short and everything else were just fillers.

The event was sponsored by TCHAKO, VOILA and PRESTIGE (tout lot sponsor yo, si mwen pat we w, ou pat bay kob!)

It was also broadcast live on two local channels for the people who had the good idea to stay home.

ORGANIZATION: They get a thumbs up for their ideas and their incredible support team of like 100 people (putting on bracelets, giving out candles, getting people beer, I mean YOU NAME IT!)

The VIP stand was also well coordinated, no incidents and once you had your tickets you could get on with no problem. The Kreyol La guys were hanging there for most of the evening until their own performance.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KREYOL LA! 4 YEARS AND STILL KICKING!

RICKY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mwen te kapte bagay sa sou net la. the public seemed like they enjoyed themselves.. neg BC sa yo sanble se tout Haiti yo pran.. Apach yo fe sa pou yo te fe a depi nan komansman pou jis leur yo fini.

Congrats and Happy Anniversary.. Thanks for the review Zabel

TOTOVICE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Zabel.. busy weekend ! Laughing

TOTOVICE
BOSTON UNITED TOU TAN!

dine11

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mèsi Zabèl kreyol la te fè za fèl. Bonne fête ankò kreyol la.

speedy/kreyol la

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THX FOR THE REVIEW ZABELBOK...
HAPPY B-DAY KREYOL LA JAZZ MWEN SOU CRUISE CONTROL...

daphnee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THANKS ZABEL AND CONGRATS KREYOL LA Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds NICE Zabel! Congrats Kreyola! THanks for the review!

mymy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the review...
Kreyol la, Keep on doing what you do best guys: travay et puis avanse san gad deye . i am so proud of you ...
Happy 4th annyversary !

can't wait for the pics now Very Happy

Barbiegirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Zabel for the review. I watched it online. It looked like the public was enjoying themselves.

Happy 4th Anniversary Kreyol la

Gromosso

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man this celebration had nothing but fillers in my estimation.

I missed Ram's part, well the live feed wasn't on yet.

Sanble te gon'w tiraj boul bolet ki tap fet, pati sa a te pran twop tan.

Brothers Posse was completely boring, waste of oxygen.

Barikad Crew was flat in the begining... I fell asleep.

I woke up, Kreyol La was performing Plon Gaye then fell back asleep.

*Sak pi mal la, paket pil fanatik Kreyol La yo tap vin'n fe dyole o wi Dimanche Ceci Dimanche Cela, Se gro bagay ki pral fet. Tchuip! Kote yo ki tap chire pit semaine denye a?

Kreyol La would have been better off performing alone.

Ah, Happy Anniversary Kreyol La and here's to another 4 years. Next time, do your own damn celebration alone. Seriously! Yon paket jazz kap jwe ki pap regle anyen pran yon paket tan... Jazz kap fete a li menm pa menm jwe pou lontan. Tchuip!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: