KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

IF U WERE AN INSTRUMENT FOR THE SAKE OF EXPRESSING FEELINGS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ti boxer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Either a piano or a guitar would have to be the instruments of choice for. The guitar is able to bring out so much emotion from the listener - from laughter to tear. The piano does just the same.

Ti Boxer

wonder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite instrument is the piano, but I have to go with the keyboard since you can pretty much get the sound of so many instruments with the keyboard. You know I have to look out for the person to whom I want to express these feelings in case she has her favorite instrument herself Laughing Laughing .

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

allow me to choose 3:

Accoustic guitar.

Saxophone

Piano

I think those three instruments can express whatever you want them to, if htye are played right and the musician pour their emotions into the songs they are playing.

famnnatal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would have to be either a sax or a flute....when I was in college and I first started going to Zenglen in Miami they had that young lady playing the flute and man I tell you what I use to go every Friday to hear 1) Gracia and 2) that lady playing the Flute.....The sweetest sound you ever heard, the insturment alone probably don't sound that great but in the mix of all that kompa, its like it is the one doing the talking.

Sexyin4Bs4U2NV

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: IF U WERE AN INSTRUMENT FOR THE SAKE OF EXPRESSING FEELI Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
If you were an instrument, and you wanted to express your FEELINGS or EMOTIONS to a loved one whether it be LOVE, PAIN, DESPERATION or what have you. WHICH INSTRUMENT WOULD YOU BE in order to EXPRESS YOURSELF FULLY and with what you feel is with "MEANING" to your loved one?

KM!

I would definitely be a GUITAR, for the melody sound of a guitar can always bring sense into whatever the situation may be. You just can't go wrong with a "CORD GUITAR" sound....

Guitar sounds just have a way of connecting with people's mentality. It has such a psychological effect on the being, that is beyond comprehension at times.

The Guitar is just simply an EXPRESSIVE Healing/growth instrument.

Last edited by Sexyin4Bs4U2NV on Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

JMPerry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would have to say that it would be a split between the piano and the guitar. With the piano you can really get taken by the melody and really get into the whole "mellow" mood while you can get really detail an opinion or the feeling behind the cords.

JMPerry
KePy Records, Inc.
"Raising the Standard"

trackmaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A trumpet, ..... Probably because i've been playing it since 12 years old! lol

boulevardestubes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I will have to choose a few,

classical Piano
I don't know if anyone here have heard a piece from Brazilian composer, Heitor Villa-Lobos, "Rudepoema"(Savage Poem) and perform by Mark-Andre Hamlin. This piece is one of the most violent piece ever perform. It is a very disturbing composition. Never knew that the piano could expression such raw emotion.

definitely Trumpet with pieces like "it never entered my mind" and "Round About Midnight" really display how expressive an instrument could be. Miles Davis did great job expressing the feelings on the trumpet.

Of course the violin is very expressive, particularly in operas.

kenwatters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

boulevardestubes wrote:
I think I will have to choose a few,

classical Piano
I don't know if anyone here have heard a piece from Brazilian composer, Heitor Villa-Lobos, "Rudepoema"(Savage Poem) and perform by Mark-Andre Hamlin. This piece is one of the most violent piece ever perform.

Definitely Trumpet with pieces like "it never entered my mind" and "Round About Midnight" really display how expressive an instrument could be. Miles Davis did great job expressing the feelings on the trumpet.

Hey Boulevardestubes!

Villa-Lobos wrote some of the coolest classical music in history, in my opinion. The dude was a true innovator. Plus, have you ever checked out Richard Wagner's (pronounced Ree-Kard / Vagner) music? That man was SICK. I'll bet he scared the hell out of his wife & family, coming up with music like that! He made ALL instruments the most expressive! In truth, the orchestra was his instrument...

And, for the record, I couldn't agree more about Miles. When he played ballads with his harmon mute in the horn, it was the most intimate music in the world. For those of you who like "smooth jazz," you haven't heard ANYTHING until you've heard Miles Davis' Kind of Blue album... THIS is real smooth jazz, but with the depth of real jazz. And, he did that recording before anyone had ever heard of "smooth jazz."
-Ken

boulevardestubes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Kenwatters,

Yes Villa-Lobos was truly innovative when it comes to classical music. His composition for the piano was exceptional and yet he was believed to be one of the worst pianists ever, according to his wife that is. She made this statement, saying that he would spent years trying to get something right on the piano; even after routine practice he was not able to play it the way it should be . And yet, the man had a brilliant mind when it came to composition, very complex theme at that.

I have definitely heard of Richard Wagner...I think that is the guy that you are talking about, a German composer, mostly opera. I have heard from him Tristan und Isolde, Parsifal, Lohengrin etc. I am amazed at his diversity.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: