KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

THE DARK SKIN VS THE LIGHT SKINS AND CARIMI
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildflirt_Kreyol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: THE DARK SKIN VS THE LIGHT SKINS AND CARIMI Reply with quote Back to top

AS A CARIMI OLD FAN I WAS VERY DISCUSTED LAST NIGHT AT THE BAL, SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT ALL WIGHT GIRLS THOUGHT THAT ALL THE US BLACK GIRLS HAD TO BE IN THE BACK AND NOT IN THE FRONT OF THE BAND.

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPEND IN A CARIMI BAL WHERE THE WIGHT ONES ALWAYS THINK THAT THEY BULLY THIER WAYS THROUGH THE CROWD AND OCCUPIED A LOT OF SPACE IN THE FRONT AND HAVE THE NUBIEN PRINCESS IN THE BACK OF THE LINE.

ALSO IT IS SEEMS TO ME THAT THE BAND MEMBERS THEMSELVED PICK AND CHOSE WHO THEY WANT TO TALK TO WHILE THEY ARE PLAYING, MOST OF THE TIME WHEN THEY ARE PLAYING I SEE THEY PREFER TO TALK TO THE LIGHT SKINS VS THE US DARK SKINS. BUT I HOPE THEY KEEP IN MIND THAT WE ALL GO AND PAY OUR MONIES TO GET IN , BECAUSE HATIENNE NEVER GIVE ANYTHING FOR FREE.
UNFORTUNATELY I DO NOT KNOW THE NAME OF THE LADY WHO ALWAYS WANT TO TAKE PICTURE OF THE BAND WHEN THEY'RE PLAYING, LAST NIGHT I REFUSED TO LET HER AND HER FRIEND PUSHED ME TO THE BACK OF THE LINE.

SOME OF YOU MAY AGREE WITH ME/SOMEOF YOU MAY DISAGREE BUT SUIVE POU NOU OUE ANVAN NOU JUGE MOUIN. I'AM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE NOT WHAT SOME BODY ELSE HAVE TOLD ME.

THAT'S WHY I WILL ALWAYS BE A KREYOL-LA FAN BECAUSE AS YOU GUYS CAN SEE TI-JOE ALWAYS INTERACT WITH HIS FANS, NO MATTER IF YOU'RE BLACK OR WIGHT

tanalex

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow!!!gadé yon post !! son sujet ki pap janm fini

bagay mulatres vs noirs

can't wait to see how people will respond Shocked

Raymi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wildflirt,

Please act like the nubian princess that you claim to be and stop with this nonsense.
Are any of the Carimi guys, Jesus Christ reicarnated?
So what they speak to certain types of girls as you claim.
That's their business, their choice and their preference.
Why allow something like that to hurt your feelings to the point of as I far as I can see, to coming to the board and complaining about it?

Wildflirt, could it be that those girls are all friends and related to each other and thus they congregate in front of the band?

CHill out, have your fun, and if none of the Carimi guys talk to you or others that not light skin..So WHAt....How in any way, will this affect your life?

Do the pictures taken from Carimi, Tvice, or Kreyol la bal tend to display more girls who are light skin then dark shin.
Yes.
So what.
Does it bother me?
Why should it, the photographer has his own idea and taste of what is beautiful and so he takes a pictures of whomever he wants.
If you prefer nubian beauties?
Don't complain that Gromoso or who ever the Photographer may be don't take their pictures, go to Best Buy, get a Digital camera for $199 and shoot the pictures of the nubian beauties...

It's also probably not fair for you to use all these generalities and put them on the band.
As I once wrote on the old board, most of these issues about light skin and dark skin exist from an inferiority complex that some has as to their own identity and being comfortable in their own skin.

Remember when we die, none of it matters.

Much love
Raymi

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
It's also probably not fair for you to use all these generalities and put them on the band.
As I once wrote on the old board, most of these issues about light skin and dark skin exist from an inferiority complex that some has as to their own identity and being comfortable in their own skin.

Raymi, saaa mwne dako ave ou 100%

A matter of preference wouldn't excuse the band's behavior if what wildflirt is claiming here was objectively true, but I do not think that it is. I have been to plenty of CARIMI balls and I have never observed this. CARIMI interact with all thair fans equally. Maybe kote'm rete a pa gen mulatre pou ki vin nan bal CARIMI.

I have seen people push others to get to the front though, whether you're black or mulatre. So if a couple of mulatre girls are pushing others who happen to be dark skinned to get to the front it's racism? You gotta come with something better than that. Like raymi said. For all you know they might all be related or friends. Clicks of girls act like this in ball all the time.

chenette

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well i will not say that did not happen since i was not there, but i have never experienced such thing with either carimi or any other band. I will not say i am a regular to the bal scence because i am homebody, but if in fact what you said is true it is a very sad story.
i think it is time we put aside cette histoire de couleur vue que we are all Haitian and human.
As a big Carimi fan,i hope it is not true; however, certain people choose to stay in the back when they go to a bal, personally le m al nan yon bal you will find me up front since i am always with my girl friends, but if i am with a date you will probably find me in the back ap peze Wink .

Machiavel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Racism and bigotry are alive and well in our community, and I think it's unfair to invalidate Wildflirt's complaints. Brushing the issue under the table will not eradicate the problem.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who?, we all know racism exists. BUT I CANNOT ACCUSE A BAND OF SUCHA THING THTA CAN BE SO DAMAGING TO THEM WITHOUT MORE PROOF. Especially since I have never witnessed it.

Furthermore, don't you think people make racism an issue where it doesn't exist?

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT ALL WIGHT GIRLS THOUGHT THAT ALL THE US BLACK GIRLS HAD TO BE IN THE BACK AND NOT IN THE FRONT OF THE BAND.

WIGHT GIRLS ...WHAT'S THAT.............

may i ask what's WIGHT GIRLS..........ME VERY VERY CONFUSE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE......... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Machiavel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FANMKONESE wrote:
Quote:
SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT ALL WIGHT GIRLS THOUGHT THAT ALL THE US BLACK GIRLS HAD TO BE IN THE BACK AND NOT IN THE FRONT OF THE BAND.

WIGHT GIRLS ...WHAT'S THAT.............

may i ask what's WIGHT GIRLS..........ME VERY VERY CONFUSE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE......... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Oooooooooooh, you're so wrong.
If you must know, they are the granddaughters of Wilbur and Orville Wight, the two famous aviator brothers.

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WHAT AND LAP BABIER.....SHE HAD SUCH A GREAT OPPORTUNITY pou'l frote ak GRO MOUN SA YO....PITIT PITIT AVIATION HHEHEHEHEHE.....MWEN TAP VOLE NET NAN BAL SA........... Laughing

Thanks who? pou eklersissement sa........

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: