Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - THE DARK SKIN VS THE LIGHT SKINS AND CARIMI
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

THE DARK SKIN VS THE LIGHT SKINS AND CARIMI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatDog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Girl I'm sorry you feel that way. I know when you're mad or frustrated you see thing in the different light. Give them a chance, go see them the next time that they are in your town, and see if the same thing happen. I have been to so many of their bal but I have never witness your complaint. Sometime I will force my way to the front to be closer, but once I get there because they are so many people at the front I could not move and be able to enjoy myself. It can be worth it to be in the front, and at the same time if you cannot move and you have to worry about people stepping on your toes girl believe me then it’s so not worth it. You will be able to enjoy the music and have room to move.

CatDog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LadyKreyol wrote:
After reading everyone serious posts, my questions is:

SHOULD BANDS BE JUDGED BY THE ACTIONS OF THEIR FANS, AND IS IT FAIR IF WE DO?

I think LadyK you should start another post. But to answer your question hell to the no. How many times have you been to a bal and heard the band member telling some tugs to stop fighting. Would you blame the band for the actions of those wanna be tugs?

Xcel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I understand your frustration but, I have to say the truth. The truth is: " jean chache jean trouve" There are a lot of dark skinned sisters who are looking to mingle with light skinned brothers and sisters unfortunately not all of our light skinned brothers/sisters are the same. As far as CaRiMi is concerned I have to say this. Richard and Mickeal are one of the coolest brothers in the industry. Not once I've experienced/sence this guys are racist. In fact I know that Mickeal is extremely against what is going on in Haiti right now. We need to except that CaRiMi is a light skin base Band therefore the fans base is going to be light skinned people. Djakout, Nulook, Zenglen their fan base are mostly dark skinned people.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CARIMI I will say based on my experience with the guys....PA GIN PWOBLEM KONSA DUTOU. THAT IS ABSURD...ABSURD...ABSURD.

KM!

Gromosso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
UNFORTUNATELY I DO NOT KNOW THE NAME OF THE LADY WHO ALWAYS WANT TO TAKE PICTURE OF THE BAND WHEN THEY'RE PLAYING, LAST NIGHT I REFUSED TO LET HER AND HER FRIEND PUSHED ME TO THE BACK OF THE LINE

WilFlirt_KREZI Laughing , one thing I will tell you regarding the above comment is this. When somebody is taking pictures, the person has to be in the front most of the times in order to get a good portion of the crowd, the faces especially at the venue. That's what the media, the photographer does. Would you have preferred she takes backshots instead of the faces?

Regarding the lady in question, she is far from what you think she is. Trust me on this She's a SWEETHEART.

Raymi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Xcel,

The generalities of Carimi's fan base is light skin and Djakou's fan base is dark skin are the ones that we need to avoid.

First of all, let's reiterate something and get it right. We're all members of the black race. When Rosa Parks was told to go to the back of the bus, particular attention was not paid to the fact that she was what most haitians would consider to be a "mulato".

If you're dealing in American society, Wether it be for school, business or COP purposes, We're all black. (light, brown, Caramel, mocha, dark)
Whether you looked like Thurgood Marshall or Clarence THomas, you're black. Even Halle Berry who's half and half, but as far as American society is concerned, she's black.

But only in our warped society, the Guy could be driving to the club worried about being pulled over because of Driving While Black (DWB), but the moment he steps in because he's lighter, He's now in the light skin race and no longer balck because of certain individulas who are tripping over themselves going gaga because of their inferioty complex.

There are many people of a lighter shade who could not care less for Carimi and love Nulook and Djakout.

This stigma that we complain about is being perpertrated by the same people who complain about it.
Let's not be shy about the fact that the environment that we grew up in Haiti portrayed being light as the standard of beauty.

It's funny how our world is so different than America's.
A light skin brother can't get no play now because light skin brothers are supposedly out.

In the end as long as there exist different races, religion, and Nationalities, prejudice will always exist.

But like I said, If you love yourself and know God could not have been wrong in his choice when he created you.

Then
F**K what anyone else think because when we die it all becomes ashes.

Much love
Raymi.

Xcel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Raymi,

Don't take me wrong---It is ok for CaRiMi to have a fan base like what they have right now. Because whatever you start in life it is always your best friends and family who turn out to be your number one fan. If all of they friends and family are light skin people we should expect that most of their fan base is going to be light skin people. IT IS OK NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

Jean Rubens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been away and observing for awhile now. I didn't wanna miss this one

EDUCATION IS THE KEY ...

First off, we need to let the poster know the correct spelling of "WHITE" and we also need to tell the poster "LIGHT SKIN/MULATRES" aren't WHITE. And then, we can get into that debate about skin color.

bearimi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i really can't beleive what i'm reading!!!
let me tell u sister! kotew soti epi kouleu peauw pa depenn de ou li depenn de pluzieu facteu... tout sa poum diw ke kestion kouleu pa dwer ou problem pou ou sa se ou konsey ke map baou cause si ou paka valoriser tet ou peson pap ka fel pou ou...cause affe kouleu se bagay leu gran parenw te timoun ke yo te konn viv li but now temps an evoluer...mwen pa nier ke pa gin sa anko nan communaute nou an mais li diminuer so please kiter jan de observation sa yo aside and make ur life easier... as a matter of fact mwen ta rinmin konnin ki bal incident sa rivew? parce que si sa ta river vreman mwen ta rinmin konnin ki kouleu timessieu carimi yo yer?? nou tout black no matter what ki kouleu peauw!! cause si ou te gin folie blanc se lan pays blan pounn ta fet! en tout cas en tant ke fanatik et moun ki viv proche ak timessieu carimi yo et jan varaonsite di a li son black et li tres proche de carimi fok yo ta komanser bal attitude si se ta vre... en tout cas sa se opinion pam and if ever u feel frustated u should read our history and u'll know where we all haitian come from and probably u will understand that that color thing is just ignorant cause ke ou light skin or dark skin nou tout black and pa janm bliyer ke tout sa se vanite !

JMPerry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's crazy how this is still going on in our community. Now let me ask you this. Why is it the FIRST thing we take offense when something doesn't go "our" way. I mean I've never seen such behavior from Carimi. And I am confident in saying NEVER. Bon, how can you say that when the band itself is made up of people of different colors. And this color thing is just PLAIN SAD if you ask me. I am forever saying this and I won't stop saying it because it's true. Haitians are their OWN number one enemy. We need to let it go and move on. Move forward as a culture and population. Si nou pap fe'l pa gin moun kap vinn pran main nou pou yo fe'l pou nou. Nou tout se minm, ke ou blan, noir, jaune, rouge, vet..........

JMPerry
KePy Records, Inc.
"Raising the Standard"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: