KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Bleaching products!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haitianqueen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Bleaching products!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

This has been bothering for yearssssssssssssss.
Why do some Haitian women, as well as some Haitian men Bleach there skins???

Tips for bleachers
If you are going to bleach your skin, do it the right way, si ou bleach figi'w you might as well bleach your entire body.

It is not "cute" pou ou senble yon grimmel chaude nan figi, and your hands are dark as ..............

Mezanmi by ti Idol, Fair & White, Tropiclair, Ambi........................... yon ti break non.

natnat21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I dont know why haitians feel the need to bleach their skin.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the recordtou.

se pa sel haitien ki fe sa. Lot nasyon fe li
nan grimel la after
Again, it is a complex d'inferiorite. They don't feel confortable or beautiful in their own skin.

I always say sak te gen nan grimel an after all that some people feel they should have been one. They always say, of course I'm going to feel that way because I am a grimelle.

adje bondje, vale led grimelle mwen konnen!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/list]

haitianqueen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mwen avew wi Siromyel, I always say the same thing to, I am a grimel and I always like to go out in the sun to tan, BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL!
Also I only date dark skin men, that is just my preference.

KARAMEL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianqueen... I hear u mama... It's just a turn off when our Haitian brothers do that Rolling Eyes

Syro, en plus de complexe d'inferiorite ke'w mentionner la, mwen panser ke sosyete nou an jwer yon role important sa tou... Parce que pou yo min'm "belle" se synonyme de "jaune oubyen claireter" Idea

Ban mwen partager ak nou experience mwen...

I am not grimelle, but manman mwen se yon... li fait mwen ak papa mwen ki noir and min mwen... Laughing Mwen songer leur mwen te piti jan tout moun te kon ap di'm " ou sambler ak manman'w ampil avec la seule difference ou noir"... or they would compare me and my younger brother(who happens to have mi madre complexion) Smile

Even now, mwen fait yon T-pitit ki pi claire passer mwen.. Koniea li ap grandi li kommanser ap pran kouleur mwen... Se pou ouer jan moun kon ap ban mwen konseil pou mwen meter "sunblock" sou li, pou mwen passer " T-Skin success" sou li or they would see him and say " oh look at him, he is getting darker now etc... Rolling Eyes

So cocotte min sosyete nou an... Tout autan nou gin yon system konsa... kozer bleaching lan ap toujou yon rans... Confused

Later,

Kara

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kara, sosyete nou an gen problem vre oui pitit

You know my dad is very light skinned and my mom is what you would call a brunette. Not too dark but she wouldn't qualify as light skinned. However, her family is very dark skinned.

Anyway, all of us took after my dad except for one. People always say, " oh, li pa samble avec tout rest fanmi an."

e pou tan, if you look past the skin complexion, he actually does look like us."

I have a friend of mine whose mom is light skinned and dad is very dark skinned. One day someone told her, " ou ta belle oui men papa ou gate ou."

A la derespectan. on moun ta di pitit mwen sa fok mwen ta mete ou nan plas ou kan menm.

And haitian queen, I am just like you. though I haven't dated too many guys,but I have never dated a light skinned guy.

JenJen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitian men bleach their skin, too??? Shocked That is a first for me.

Siromyel is correct in that Haitians are not the only ones who do this. I read an article where Asian women are doing this as well. I have a Black American ex friend who I suspect has done this. One day I just took a really good look at her face and thought that her face looked a little lighter and that her complexion looked a little off. She would make comments about fair skinned people and she does have an aunt who used skin lightening products.

I have a cousin who is medium complexion, but has a complex about getting darker because one of our aunts has a thing against dark skinned people.

It's truly sad when people feel the need to bleach their skin or do other things to conform to society's idea of beauty. Not everyone has the same taste. Your complexion may not be considered beautiful to some people, but it is beautiful to others.

JenJen

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You k now i HAVE A cousin of mine who you would swear that she uses skin lightening things but she doesn't.

Her whole body is light, but somehow her face is lighter than her body. But it's close enough that you know she's not using anything funny.

But some people it is so apparent it's discusting. I had a mark on my face once and I went to a beauty supply store in Miami and asked the lady for something that she kn ows might take it off. SHe said that she doesn't even use powder on her face so she wouldn't know.

And I said, "I know paske low fin pase tout bagay sa yo ki pou fe ou grimmelle la, figi ou di c'est assez. Menm lave ou pa ka lave'l non."

My mom was with me. When we got outside, she said, "pitit, ou bezwen yo mange ou nan Miami?'

But she acknowledged the fact that dam nan te douko paske tout kwen dwet dam lan tou nwa.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: