KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MOST INFLUENTIAL KONPA SONG-EVER!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: MOST INFLUENTIAL KONPA SONG-EVER!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

I must have been about 6 or 7 years old when Hurricane Kassav swept through Haiti in the mid 80s. Whether I was in school in Port-Au-Prince or on vacation in the Northern provinces, all you would hear on the radio was ZOUK LA SE SEL MEDIKAMAN...young and old...male female!

I even vaguely remember Jacob Desvarieux on National television citing the ingredients of Kassav: DU SEL, DU POIVRE, ETC... but I digress...

The point is Zouk has ONE SONG that has seeped the consciousness...transcended nationalities...one that can rally a whole people...a timeless piece that piques everyone's interest and gets people to the dance floor as soon as they hear...TAM TAM TAM TAM TAM...AN N'WAYYY....

Is there such a song in konpa that even comes close?...maybe from Tabou, Zin, Mickey, Magnum, Phantoms...ANYBODY? Confused

Help me out here people...

Last edited by jeanVALjean on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

et-VII-era

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that's a tough call. i'll go with ansanm ansanm by dp express or Haiti by skah-shah.

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

et-VII-era wrote:
that's a tough call. i'll go with ansanm ansanm by gg express or Haiti by skah-shah.

That's the problem man...These songs might be great, but how much influence do they really have? Are they instantly recognizable?

Personally, I would go with a song like OLE OLE from LAKOL...but I know the purists will come after me! Laughing

RICKY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JVJ, ou voye moun al fe yon bon reflechi wi la. good post, i'll be back

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good post cant even think of song, I guess if i had to choose i would say ou la la by Sweet Micky.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

David by D.P. Express

or

Kem Pa Sote by Boukman

choubenz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gon on ti chant ler yo te voye Duvalier ale a. I was 6 years old and wmen still sonje chante sa

help me out

on bagay ki di''lem pa oue soley la''

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Kem Pa Sote by Boukman

That's a good one, kem pa sote anne sa Boukman nan kanaval, damn that was good. Thanks for the flash back LadyK.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
RICKY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ILandfaces wrote:
Quote:
Kem Pa Sote by Boukman

That's a good one, kem pa sote anne sa Boukman nan kanaval, damn that was good. Thanks for the flash back LadyK.

I'll go with this song. bagay sa fe moun sote ponpe tout kote and still having that affect

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ricky that song was the isssssssssh back them brother. bok zaboka sevi Zorie amba latya Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing . Jak kout tronpet.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: