KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

2008 SONG OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD WINNER...........
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: 2008 SONG OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD WINNER........... Reply with quote Back to top

*LAST YEAR's winner was RICHIE & GRACIA "A L'ANVERS"!

*PART 1 is a short resume from us about what went down

*PART 2 shows you the number of votes + WHO voted for them on the 50 Member panel.

*PART 3 are some of the QUOTES from members of our panel FOR THAT CATEGORY.

The award goes to NU LOOK's "NOTRE HISTOIRE"

ANALYSIS:
*SURPRISE. This category was NOT as easy as many people expected. TINA/RICHARD CAVE's song "A Tes Cotes" gave NU LOOK a scare all the way down to the wire, but at the end, "NOTRE HISTOIRE" from Nu Look prevailed. It was close just like last year when Djakout's "Jistis" narrowly lost to "A Lanvers". Nevertheless, Congrats are in order to NU LOOK's "Notre Histoire" as 2008's Kompa Magazine's SONG OF THE YEAR winner.

NOTE: MICKAEL GUIRAND tried to vote for "A Tes Cotes", but that was not allowed because it was a song composed and performed by a CARIMI member. As a matter of fact, the 3 CARIMI members (Mickael, Richard Cave, and Alex Thebaud) all voted for NU LOOK's "Notre Histoire". Even had they NOT voted for the song, the Richard Cave/Tina song would still have fallen two votes short of Nu Look's "Notre Histoire". IT WAS CLOSE, but NU LOOK's "NOTRE HISTOIRE" stands at the top of the mountain.

*VOTE BREAKDOWN

1) NU LOOK (NOTRE HISTOIRE) 20 Votes
Richie, Roberto Martino, Mickael Guirand, Ronnie Dee, Ti Michel Tropidisc, Patrick Fabre Gabel, Icon Graphics, Reshka Fos Baron, James Cardozo Vice, Armstrong Jeune Dola, Jube Sobs, Junior Vaval, Elie Lapointe, Money G 5 Etwal, Richard Cave, Alex Thebaud Carimi, Ti Eddy Viau Vice, Bertho Productions NY, Theo Jadotte Kreyol La, Dano Gabel.

2) RICHARD CAVE & TINA (A TES COTES) 15 Votes
Kamikaz, DJ Rey, Alan Cave, Katalog, Nandy Konparezon, Hip Magazine, Berto Tempo, Olivier Duret Vice, JBeatz, Sanders Harmonik, Nickenson Prudhomme, Jean Max Valcourt Dola, DJ Bobby Jam, Fanfan Epav Gabel, Jeff Policard.

3) SYSTEM BAND (Pa Leve Min Sou Li) 6 Votes
Misty Jean, Ti Lunet, Kaliko, Foolish Brothers, Kenny Desmangles, Jude Severe Zenglen.

4) ZENGLEN (Jere Sexy A) 5 Votes
Mia Lopez, DJ Superduke, Ti Lionel Benjamin, Narah Timmer DBon Productions, Herve Bastien.

5) MIZIK MIZIK (Paradi Nan Lanfer) 2 Votes
Cedric Rafrechi. Micky Rafrechi.

6) TOP ADLER/T-VICE (Klorox) 1 Vote
Josminah

*QUOTES (Some Quotes from our panel members)

+ ROBERTO MARTINO: "Notre Histoire. This song was like the national anthem in Haiti this past summer, even little kids were singing it."

+ TI MICHEL TROPIDISC: "Notre Histoire". Tout cote ou pase mizik sa ap menen"

+ JEFF POLICARD: "Song of the year: Richard Cave/Tina- A tes cote. People just go crazy over that song. Made a huge impact EVERYWHERE!"

+ MICKY WALKER of Rafrechi: "MIZIK MIZIK "Paradi Nan Lanfer"- The strong message here makes this song deserving of this award."

+ RICHIE: "Tough one but since i can't vote for Zenglen, i'll go with NU-Look. Nice song but "o papa Bondye" is my favorite."

+ TI EDDY VIAU: ""Notre Histoire"....alot of radio playtime an the when is performed live everyone is singing along..."

+ SANDERS of Harmonik: "Song of the year (Richard Cave A tes cotes) This song made a lot of noise everywhere and it has a different sound and taste richard did an excellent job"

+ NARAH TIMMER of DBON Productions: "ZENGLEN "Jere Sexy A"
In my opinion, this song just simply put Zenglen back on the map...AGAIN. This became a very popular song which eventually became the HMI household slogan..."jere sexy ou"."

+ RESHKA of FOS BARON: "I'll go with "Notre Histoire" a lot of people can relate to it lol"

+ JEAN MAX VALCOURT of DOLA: "Richard Cave/Tina “a tes cotes”…This is one great duet. The arrangement just fits the song, and both singers did an outstanding job."

+ ICON GRAPHICS: "NU LOOK "Notre Histoire"- Just beautiful, real story, everyone can relate, and you can dance to it and really get into the words and feelings it invokes. The melody reminds me of a beautiful french song. Will be relevant 50 years from now and beyond."

+ NANDY GEORGES of Konparezon: "RICHARD CAVE/TINA "A Tes Cotes" First choice for the text and story line, the video was on point and really re-inforce the story line, you dont have to listen twice to know what they were talking about!"

+ HIP MAGAZINE: "RICHARD CAVE/TINA "A Tes Cotes"
All of the songs in this category made a statement in some way, but what makes À Tes Côtés stand out for me is the fact that it came out earlier than most of these songs and stayed popular for a long time. People of different age groups and music tastes took a liking to the song and they have an edge over the competition by providing a well-made video to further push the song."

+ KAMIKAZ: "RICHARD CAVE/TINA "A Tes Cotes": it's different, nice duo, and very catchy song."

PANEL MEMBERS FOR 2008 KOMPA MAGAZINE MUSIC AWARDS WERE:

1) RICHARD CAVE (Carimi)
2) RICHIE (Zenglen)
3) ALAN CAVE (Zin)
4) ROBERTO MARTINO (T-Vice)
5) MICKAEL GUIRAND (Carimi)

6) MISTY JEAN
7) KAMIKAZ (Florida & Haiti HMI Promoter)
Cool TI MICHEL/TROPIDISC (Producer)
9) RONNIE DEE (Popular Montreal HMI radio personality)
10) JUNIOR VAVAL (Respected HMI Journalist & Festival MC)

11) NICKENSON PRUDHOMME (HARMONIK)
12) THEO JADOTTE (Kreyol La)
13) TI LUNET (Maestro for Gabel)
14) FOOLISH BROTHERS/RONY (HMI Promoter)
15) DJ REY (Stil and Backup PR)

16) PAPA JUBE (SOBS/SAK PASSE RECORDS)
17) KATALOG (Singer for Gabel)
1Cool JEAN MAX VALCOURT (DOLA Maestro)
19) KALIKO (INDYFEST/Producer/Club Owner)
20) JUDE SEVERE (ZENGLEN keyboardist)

21) ARMSTRONG JEUNE (DOLA)
22) ALEX THEBAUD (CARIMI)
23) JEFF POLICARD (SUAVE)
24) DJ BOBBY JAM (Popular N.Y DJ/MC..UNTOUCHABLES)
25) FANFAN EPAV (GABEL)

26) KENNY DESMANGLES
27) DANO (GABEL)
2Cool JAMES CARDOZO (T-VICE)
29) MICKY WALKER (Rafrechi)
30) JOSMINAH (Upcoming HMI artist)

31) MIA LOPEZ (Mia Media/Sakapfet.com)
32) ROBERTO "TEMPO"
33) HIP MAGAZINE (Shadine)
34) TI LIONEL BENJAMIN (KREZI manager)
35) ICON GRAPHICS (HMI Flyer/Musician)

36) OLIVIER DURET (TVICE)
37) JBEATZ (Hot HMI Producer)
3Cool PATRICK FABRE (GABEL manager)
39) NANDY GEORGES (KOMPAREZON/Krezi Rep.)
40) DJ SUPERDUKE (BELMIZIK FM/Popular Boston HMI DJ)

41) SANDERS (HARMONIK)
42) ELIE LAPOINTE (Djakout)
43) RESHKA/FOS BARON FESTIVAL (Hmi Promoter/Fos Baron Festival)
44) NARAH TIMMER (DBON PRODUCTIONS)
45) MONEY G. (5 ETWAL Vocalist)

46) FABRICE ROUZIER (Mizik Mizik)
47) TI EDDY VIAU (TVICE)
4Cool BERTHO ANELY (N.Y HMI Promoter)
49) HERVE BASTIEN (Florida HMI radio/Event personality)
50) CEDRIC (Maestro of RAFRECHI)

PS: They were NOT allowed to vote for themselves or their bands. ONLY when 2 MEMBERS OF THEIR BANDS WERE NOMINATED in the same category were members given the option to vote for ONE pick.

Last edited by kompamagazine on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

choubenz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

congrats Nulook

bon bagay-----------------toute moun ABO

zipgenel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

choubenz...

can you at least wait for a couple of other member to congratulate the band before you reply... Evil or Very Mad
because you spoiled the element of surprise... once I saw the first reply was made by choubenz, I automatically knew that nu-look was the winner. Evil or Very Mad

congrats to look la..

@choubenz... ou konnen se pa'm ou ye Laughing

choubenz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zipgenel wrote:
choubenz...

can you at least wait for a couple of other member to congratulate the band before you reply... Evil or Very Mad
because you spoiled the element of surprise... once I saw the first reply was made by choubenz, I automatically knew that nu-look was the winner. Evil or Very Mad

congrats to look la..

@choubenz... ou konnen se pa'm ou ye Laughing

zanmi pam-----neg yo travay dur anpil patizan

wap ba patne-w chaleur granmoun-------djazz ou fe anpil goal

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think a tes cotes should have gotten it.

but I guess I can deal with the results.

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I think a tes cotes should have gotten it.

Ou we sa to, once again congrats!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
jeancelestin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CONGRATS TO NU LOOK! BON BAGAY!

DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

VIV NU LOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK/ARLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

CONGRATS

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daphnee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nu Look took all categories...good job Look la Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kazak-lakol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

am tired now: 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: