Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - *PICTURES: CARIMI 7TH HEAVEN ANNIVERSARY PARTY BASH PHOTOS!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*PICTURES: CARIMI 7TH HEAVEN ANNIVERSARY PARTY BASH PHOTOS!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> PARTY PICTURES/PHOTO GALLERY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: *PICTURES: CARIMI 7TH HEAVEN ANNIVERSARY PARTY BASH PHOTOS! Reply with quote Back to top

Last night was ELECTRIC. Simply a wonderful event to witness.

Granted that the party did not start until close to 1 A.M (12:49) to be exact due to sound issues, and also the fact that many fans stood there for awhile as CARIMI did their soundcheck, only to come off the stage and come back minutes later with UNIFORMS.

I started getting on the guys about their outfits (In regular clothes doing sound check, not knowing that they were going to go downstairs to change), but when they came back, they tore the roof off the stage by kicking it off with the crowd pleaser "TCHA TCHA", to get the party started right.

The group went through a repertoire of their hits such as "PLAYER", "KIDNAPPING", "CHAGRIN KRIMINEL", "BANM PERMISSYON" and so many more. They brought out their first guitar player STEVE DESROSIERS out for the first time, as well as MIKA BENJAMIN (Both to huge applause), then proceeded to sing "OU PATI". As you all know "MY BIMA" was a huge CARIMI hit back in the day. They also brought out their former drummer RUDY NAU, and introduced him on the "POR FABOR" song. It was an electrifying night as many in the packed audience had a good time.

CARIMI was presented with a birthday cake, as well as with plaques/awards from SAK PASSE RECORDS (Label President Joe Mignon was there), and popular New York DJ Polomixx as well.

All in all it was a very exciting night if you are a fan of CARIMI....and SO MANY LOVELY LADIES also made the trip to celebrate with the band.

KM Members in the house that we saw were CATDOG/TI LOUJ (Double Trouble), RICKY, NEG OKAP, KONPA ROCKERS, YANVALOO, PERRY, ROBBIE ROB, JAY BROOKLYN, AESHA, BELFAM, DIASPORADYOL. It was very nice to see all of you. (Hope I did not forget anyone)

Here are the pictures below:

Here are some EXTRA PICTURES of DJAKOUT's recent GUADELOUPE tour.

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

kompared

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for sharing KM...!!! Very Happy

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LAST YEAR, the group apparently started doing this thing among themselves by giving an award to one member of the band. Last year maestro RICHARD CAVE was the recipient of the CARIMI AWARD, this year the group gave it to GLENNY BENOIT.

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CLIFTON almost got his butt whipped by 3 overzealous CARIMI female fans because he came out of nowhere and tried to stand in front of them. CLIFTON JETE'L kote li te ye a. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PS: I added DIASPORADYOL, CLIFTON, YEF, and BELFAM to the list of KM Members that were there.

KM!

JMPerry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great night indeed. Besides the sound delay, which remains a frustrating factor across the HMI, Carimi delivered big time. From the second they got on stage till they got off they were just on fire and having a blast. KM was representing heavy last night. Robie, Jay B, Jimbo, Yanva, Nenevice and all the ones I saw it was great chilling with you. Patchouko, respect as always bro for everything !!! Bel fet. Happy Birthday to Carimi and wish you many many more.

JMPerry
KePy Records, Inc.
"Raising the Standard"

Clifton

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
CLIFTON almost got his butt whipped by 3 overzealous CARIMI female fans because he came out of nowhere and tried to stand in front of them. CLIFTON JETE'L kote li te ye a. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PS: I added DIASPORADYOL, CLIFTON, YEF, and BELFAM to the list of KM Members that were there.

KM!

Si m pa di ke m pa pale ingles yo sapata m Laughing Laughing sa tap fe mal anpil paske mounn sanble ak T Mafi... Laughing Laughing

1Lov'

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations CaRiMi
Again looked like a true Anniversary Party. Boy, Did I wish to be there. It looked like all of NY and KM descended on SOB's for a great Occasion.
Thanks for sharing Pat and keep it up Carimi
Stay Healthy Guys, keep aiming Higher and Higher.
Peace

" KM" 1Lov's Hometown Newspaper..

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

STAY TUNED FOR 60 MINUTES (1 HOUR) OF VIDEO footage FROM THE EVENT LAST NIGHT, along with interviews.

KM!

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Belle Fete. CaRiMI te plen kay la.
Anpil moun te ret deyo, yo pat ka kite yo antre paske SOBs te full.
Bal la te chage ak bel fanm. WOW....
Mwen te bien amuze'm with my fellow KM members...
Nou tap fete Yanvaloo yeswa tou.
The one and only FANMKONESE was also in the house.
Epi JCL te debake menm ak 50 dam soti New Jersey....
JCL, lan ki zone Jersey medam sa yo soti?
Mwen pa konn we bel fanm konsa New Jersey.Laughing

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I TOTALLY FORGOT THAT FANMKONESE was there getting her groove on....How could I forget....especially since we saw and spoke to each other......

Sory CECILE.....OU TE NAN JAZZ OU MAMA!

NENEVICE was also in the house....which I forgot to mention.

KM!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> PARTY PICTURES/PHOTO GALLERY All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: