KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*NANCY INTERVIEW: CONFESSIONS OF AN HMI SONGSTRESS!*
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM INTERVIEW CLASSICS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: *NANCY INTERVIEW: CONFESSIONS OF AN HMI SONGSTRESS!* Reply with quote Back to top

Check out this interview with NANCY OF BACKUP on a variety of topics. It is NOT a regular interview, rather random thoughts/views from NANCY on several issues. Check it out.

1) Your FAVORITE female artist?
NANCY: EMELINE MICHEL

2) Your FAVORITE male artist?
NANCY: I have so many that I like, but for now I will say BELO. I love the timbre of his voice.

2A) SEXIEST musician in the HMI that attracts YOU?
NANCY; There are quite a few that are sexy, but RICHIE gets me. His style, physique, everything. Li se yon 4 EPING.

3) Your favorite band "CURRENTLY" in the market?
NANCY: ZIN. I love ZIN a lot ever since I was younger.

4) If you were NOT in BACKUP, and you had the chance to join another HMI band, who would it be?
NANCY: ZIN. Like I said before, I used to perform in front of my mirror to their songs when I was younger. Also they were really the only band that had girls as part of their lineup. Now they have others, but Zin was the only one back then.

5) CURRENT favorite song that you can't stop playing or listening to?
NANCY: "NO ONE" by Alicia Keys, and for Haitian artists "JWI LA VI" by Barikad Crew. I love RAP KREYOL a lot. If any group wants me to be part of their Rap Kreyol songs, I would be happy to participate.

6) Favorite class subject when you were in school?
NANCY: SOCIAL SCIENCE. I used to have a teacher that simply made you love the subject, just in the way that it was done in the classroom.

7) In a marriage, do you believe that a COUPLE should have SEPARATE BANK ACCOUNTS or a JOINT BANK ACCOUNT (One account for man and wife)?

NANCY: I believe in having SEPARATE ACOUNTS in a marriage. You do your thing and I do my thing. Even if I am married, I would prefer for us to have a room together, and for me to have another room by myself. Mwen difficile anpil. That's just me. It just gives you this feel of being independent and not having to depend on anyone to do anything.

Cool Do lady fans tend to be jealous of our hmi female artists?

NANCY: Of course, but it's in every society. It's not just Haitians. They have people that might have problems, and they simply want to take it out on you for whatever reason. It exists to a certain degree yes.

9) Are you closer to your DAD or to your MOM?
NANCY: My Dad died when I was 4 years old. I am closer to my STEPDAD than my mother. I am more comfortable with my STEPDAD.

10) Do you like to cook? If yes, what is your favorite dish to cook?
NANCY: YES. AMPIL. I love to cook. I am a very good cook. My Mom showed me how to cook from an early age, and I am also talking about desserts as well. My favorite dish is POUL PEYI...PETI POIDS FRANCE..DURI NOIRE.

11) KM: WHO has NANCY's heart? And if NANCY is NOT taken, what must be done to get it?

NANCY: "NO ONE HAS MY HEART now. In order for someone to get my heart, you need to do things that are VERY SIMPLE, but heavy. A person must be very understanding of me and my career. That person must be able to understand and handle that I am a public figure/artist, therefore, he must understand that comes with the territory. He has to be able to connect with me emotionally, and feel my heart. Se pou li rentre andedan'm emotionally to see what I am about. Some things are inexplicable."

"That person also has to be very respectful, and we have to be able to be friends. Even if things don't work out with us as a couple, we can just part amicably and still remain friends."

12) KM: How important should sex be in a relationship?
NANCY: GRO BAGAY. Very big. WITHOUT SEX THERE IS NO RELATION. It's very important to me. I would say 40%.

13) KM: How do your parents feel about you being in a band?
NANCY: My MOM is ecstatic about it. I am a mini version of my mom. Mwen senble manman'm anpil. Also, she is the one that showed me how to dance because she used to be a teacher. She loves it, but keep in mind that she always told me to keep going to school.

14) KM: What turns you off about people?
NANCY: What I call a "MESKIN". Someone with a bad personality who has no respect for others.

15) KM: Do you believe in ABORTION, or does the woman have to have the baby and give it up for adoption, even if she can't take care of it?

NANCY: I love kids. It is my dream for me to have a baby someday. To be able to have a kid and take care of him/her, it is a big responsibility. It's not right if you are not prepared to take care of a baby yourself only to give it up for abortion. There are families that adopt that don't take care of the kids properly. So YES ABORTION is ok if you are not prepared to take care of your own baby.

16) KM: What is the first thing you would do if you were president of Haiti?

NANCY: ALPHABETIZATION. I would take all the kids that are on the streets off and educate them. It is really sad to see kids on the streets walking like "MORTS EN VACANCES". Yo pa gin chance.

17) KM: "Which one is MORE IMPORTANT to you in the bedroom. Is it more important that a man be good WITH HIS MOUTH, or is it more important that he be good with his instrument down below? (We are of course referring to you know what ladies)

NANCY: (Laughs a little a bit shocked by the question pleasantly) I believe the mouth is more important to me. I believe in a man that is good with his mouth a looooooooooooot. (Laughs again)

1Cool KM: Would you pose for PLAYBOY for 1 MILLION DOLLARS?
NANCY: (Thinks). I would have to actually be in that situation for me to give you an honest answer. I can't say yes and I can't say no.

19) KM: Favorite MOVIE actors?
NANCY: Will Smith, Denzel Washington, and Jean Claude Van Danm.

20) KM: A flaw in your character that you would like to change.
NANCY: I am very IMPATIENT. I want to correct that. I will try.

21) KM: Are you the JEALOUS type or the "I DON'T CARE" type in a relationship?

NANCY: I am jealous, but not to the point of being stupid.

22) KM: Have you ever had your heart broken in a relationship?
NANCY: YES. It was a case where I loved the guy a lot, but for some reason, he was not ready to sacrifice and deal with me being a public figure in a band.

*INTERVIEW conducted by PATRICK DESVARIEUX for Kompa Magazine

Last edited by kompamagazine on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:18 am; edited 2 times in total

TOTOVICE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Pat,

Very good interview as usual! One comment i want to point out is the separate bedroom comment!!!!!!!!! NANCY PA GEN BAGAY SA DUTOU..... KI BAGAY POU GEN ROOM PA OU A!!!!!!! Smile

Epi tou Kesyon SEX la .! Wi mwen dakor anpil...... SE GRO BAGAY!!!!!

TOTOVICE
BOSTON UNITED TOUT TAN!

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting stuff, anyway I am still confused why they did not release a track with her on it.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seperate bank accounts?

mmmh.... I want to know what my husband is doing with hs money. Pa gen negotiation nan saaa.

I thought I was the only one who wanted a seperate bedroom...in addition to the room that I will share with my husband.

guess I'm not.

Pou jan zin ye laaa si ou ta gen chans pou join yon lot band se zin ou ta pran?

ah ma chere...I understand you love the band but...c'mon.

thanks Nancy... I appreciate it.

XXplosive

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the interview Pat, very nice...
pou yon moun ta marye ak Nancy epi pou li gen separate room.....Eheh pou jan sex important nan maryaj, pa gen bagay konsa....Si ou paka tolere tension bedroom la, gen cuisine pou sa, pase colere la nan fe manje a...pa gen okin separate bedroom Laughing
Nancy is a fan of Jean-Claude Vandam, that explains the karate pictures in the pool Laughing

Last edited by XXplosive on Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Pat and Nancy....
nou te beswen yon Nancy lan HMI la...
Nancy, ave'w map mache.... Wink Wink

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah!

I forgot this ...

Richie?

are you serious?

must be teh talent that is so sexy... because....

mwen jete'm papa.

owen1055

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LET ME SEE..

1. LOVE TO COOK

2. LOVE KIDS

3. CRAZY IN THE BEDROOM

4. GREAT DANCER

5. VERY ATTRACTIVE

6. MAKES HER OWN MONEY

7. SEXY

WHAT ELSE A MAN WANTS?

XXplosive

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
Oh yeah!

I forgot this ...

Richie?

are you serious?

must be teh talent that is so sexy... because....

mwen jete'm papa.

Laughing must be the eccentric look Laughing

wallywal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
12) KM: How important should sex be in a relationship?
NANCY: GRO BAGAY. Very big. WITHOUT SEX THERE IS NO RELATION. It's very important to me. I would say 40%.

ti dame sa se yon ti dame a marier oui li ye
great enterview

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM INTERVIEW CLASSICS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: