KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

TI EDDY VIAU OF T-VICE: THE KOMPA MAGAZINE INTERVIEW!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM INTERVIEW CLASSICS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: TI EDDY VIAU OF T-VICE: THE KOMPA MAGAZINE INTERVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is an interview that we conducted with T-VICE's gongist EDDY VIAU. CHECK IT OUT.

*1) How did you get started in the HMI? We know that you were part of HANGOUT, but how did you end up being part of the band?

TI EDDY: I guess by hanging out with my dad and rulx (manager of hangout) at their record shop in miami and always listening to kompa, I always said it was luck that i became part of hangout..When it didn't work out with Zagalo and me always being around the guys, they came to me and said if i wanted to try out. With a lot of practice the job was mine.

2) Do you think the GONG player is an important member of an HMI band? Some people think it's an easy instrument to play. What are your thoughts?

TI EDDY: The gong player is a very important member... I useD to think that it was an easy instrument to play also, but trust me it is not. To me the gong is the centerpiece of a HMI band.

3) What are the differences that you have seen/experienced in terms of HANGOUT compared to T-VICE, whether it's from a business standpoint, to a playing standpoint?

TI EDDY: T-vice is a well respected and disciplined band all over they go. When i was part of hangout, we were an up and coming band so things were a bit harder. Playing wise they are not that far apart but T-VICE plays a little bit more uptempo and attracts a younger crowd.

4) Many remembered that you were actually close to joining CARIMI. Why did that deal not go through?

TI EDDY: At the end, I just wasn't ready to move to New York.

5) Describe a frank analysis of TI EDDY's personality in terms of people that don't know you. The GOOD and the BAD?

TI EDDY: I'm a very shy person. I love to have fun.

6) Who is your idol in life? Why?

TI EDDY: My grandfather is. I guess that's where I got the love of music from. He was a trumpet player, he played classical music, and directed the orchestre philharmonique at sainte trinite in Haiti for more than 20 years. He was my best friend.

7) Your MUSICAL idol is.... ? Tell us why.

TI EDDY: Bob Marley.....he had the ability to move and control the crowd with his powerful words.

Cool People that don't know me and judge me from afar will say WHAT about you?

TI EDDY: That I'm conceited.

9) Do you think you were chosen for T-VICE's gong playing role STRICTLY on your gong playing abilities, or do you think that the fact that some ladies might think you are easy on the eyes, just might be part of the reason as well? In other words, marketing purposes.

TI EDDY: I think it was both. In every business there has to be some sort of marketing, also me having skills had a part because no one can just get up and play in T-vice.

10) Your brother was all set to become a member of Harmonik, What happened, and why was he left off the team?

TI EDDY: From what I understand at the end it just wasn't gonna work out.

11) A quick description of the following members of T-VICE if you had to say ONE WORD to the fans/public about them.

TI EDDY says
ROBERTO is a "DIPLOMAT".
REYNALDO "BIG BROTHER"
JAMES "REAL"
GERALD "SOFT SPOKEN"
SONSON "QUIET"
TI WES LAYED BACK"

12) Do you think fans make LOOKS and SKIN COLOR an important issue in the HMI or not? Please explain.

TI EDDY: Not really. I think as long as the people on stage are playing good music that shouldn't matter.

13) What is the personal MOTTO in life that you live by?

TI EDDY: Let go and let GOD.

14) Should we expect a song from you on the next TVICE CD or not?

TI EDDY: You should expect me to give 100 percent towards the album, not nesccesarly a song from me.

15) The BEST EXPERIENCE that you remember being part of as a member of T-VICE so far? What about the WORST EXPERIENCE? Tell us why?

TI EDDY: MY best experience was my first year in carnaval with t-vice. I was so amazed to see all those people and how Berto was controlling the crowd. My wrost experince was us not making it to a gig due to our flight being cancelled to due bad weather.

16) Should the U.S stay or get out of IRAQ? Why?

TI EDDY: Get out. 7 years and what have we accomplished?

17) Will the dreads be staying for awhile, or do you plan to get rid of them sometime soon?

TI EDDY: They will be staying for a while. It what makes me "ME".

1Cool Would you prefer that you be seen by the ladies as a very good gong player/musician, or as a lady magnet IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE ONE?

TI EDDY: I would prefer to seen as a very good gong player/musician.

KM!

bella_mafia1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great Interview Pat && T-Eddy!!!
Love the questions so far... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Men mwen te pense ou ta'p lage ke'k juicy questions Very Happy Very Happy Razz Razz
Men T-Eddy samble an Cool dude Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Par kont ou mande li si pou nou expect an chante de li/ I'm little bit curious... Mwen pa't konen T-Eddy te kon'n chante. && Li ta'p bon tande an ti FEATURING (plus vokal li nan an NEXT song byen sure Wink Wink )

Clifton

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That was a great interview, and i want more explanation on Berto diplomat please... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

freshprince of kompa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

real Good interview Pat & Ti Eddy ...

CAP - PORT MARGOT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anfom anom, keep them coming, nice interviews, who's next?

DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THX...GREAT INTERVIEW

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FUNKY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wooow..ti eddy great job..m`fou pou li net.. Wink .

Pat good stuff Cool

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very good interview. Good job Pat. Very Happy

Ti Eddy seems to have a good sense of himself and his role.

Well done. Bon Bagay!

daphnee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THANKS PAT...THANKS TI-EDDY..GOOD JOB!!! Very Happy HIS ANSWERS KINDA GOT ME THINKING ABOUT SOMETHING Idea Idea

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You guys/ladies are welcome.

DAPHNEE...His answers got you thinking about "WHAT"?

MET GRANMOUN SOU OU and SPILL THE BEANS!

KM! Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM INTERVIEW CLASSICS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: