KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

CARIMI'S SONG "PLAYER".....DID U KNOW?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI FACTS: DID YOU KNOW?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: CARIMI'S SONG "PLAYER".....DID U KNOW? Reply with quote Back to top

DID U KNOW the vocal performance given by MICKAEL GUIRAND in the song "PLAYER" came under strange circumstances?

Many say that MICKAEL's vocal performance on that track is one of the best that he has ever given ON A STUDIO CD, but the funny thing is....HE WAS EXTREMELY SICK that day.

RICHARD CAVE: "I remember MICKAEL was very very sick that day and he did not really want to sing too loud or hard to strain his voice. That is why he seems restrained on the track, and that is how he managed to give one of his best vocal performances despite that."

MICKAEL: "I was really sick that day. I was not feeling well at all."

PS: MICKAEL also told me that some of the lines from "PLAYER" came from a part that he used to do in a group called "PLAYERS" in a song, and that is how some lyrics to the song "PLAYER" from CARIMI were born.

RICHARD actually joked that Mickael would never be able to duplicate a vocal performance like that UNLESS HE IS SICK AGAIN.

KM!

CAP - PORT MARGOT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, that's good to know. M ta renmen tande atis la konsa anko men nou pa vle neg la malad.

G) CARIMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Thirdyfresh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting to know, but Micheal vocal is not the reason why I love the song. Glenny is the reason why I love the song, on the live version that was the first time ever I heard a carimi song. The guitar groove he put on the song make me fall in love with the band.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI FACTS: DID YOU KNOW? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: