KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NU TEMPO: INTRODUCING GROUP + LISTEN TO SONGS!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Erotically Yours wrote:
camionmac wrote:
I like the song and I like the idea that black people around the globe understand what this historic moment taking place in the US means to the black world. I would say that's their contribution to the game and it should be applauded. This singer must be an Amstrong Jeune fan. I like it. this martinican/haitian band knows their kompa

Hello Camionmac.. Welcome!..
When you mentioned Armstrong, Im like Oh No he/she didnt! I went back and listened to it one more time.. and yeah, you're right! He has a bit of Armstrong in his vocals.. I also applaud their efforts in support of Obama BUT I dont know.

What are you talking about HaitianOne.. Sing with me.. Hands up! Hands Up! Pou Obama!.. Hands up! Hands up!.. U know you got that track on heavy rotation over there on your work desk throwing your hands up!.. Jump up, up, up, if you want Obama.. Wave your hands up if you want Obama!...
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Okay HaitianOne.. If he was saying Hands up, Hands up! Hands up for McCain.. would you have given their props?? Talking about Its the M to C to the C to the A to the I to the N.. President Mc Cain! President Mc Cain!.. Would you be jammin over there getting down with the Haitian two step??
Be honest.....
Laughing Laughing

I am sorry to say even if it was rooting for McCain, still it is just garbage. I would have demanded McCain to come on KM and dissed this crap!!!!

EY you must be straining your ears trying to hear Armstrong Jenune in this song!!! All I hear is a bunch with frog voices straining to sing Obama with there horrible accents!!!!

If this best the HMI got for Obama then I am satisfied!!! Cool

PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
Erotically Yours wrote:
camionmac wrote:
I like the song and I like the idea that black people around the globe understand what this historic moment taking place in the US means to the black world. I would say that's their contribution to the game and it should be applauded. This singer must be an Amstrong Jeune fan. I like it. this martinican/haitian band knows their kompa

When you mentioned Armstrong, Im like Oh No he/she didnt! I went back and listened to it one more time.. and yeah, you're right! He has a bit of Armstrong in his vocals.. I also applaud their efforts in support of Obama BUT I dont know.

What are you talking about HaitianOne.. Sing with me.. Hands up! Hands Up! Pou Obama!.. Hands up! Hands up!.. U know you got that track on heavy rotation over there on your work desk throwing your hands up!.. Jump up, up, up, if you want Obama.. Wave your hands up if you want Obama!...

Okay HaitianOne.. If he was saying Hands up, Hands up! Hands up for McCain.. would you have given their props?? Talking about Its the M to C to the C to the A to the I to the N.. President Mc Cain! President Mc Cain!.. Would you be jammin over there getting down with the Haitian two step??
Be honest.....
Laughing Laughing

I am sorry to say even if it was rooting for McCain, still it is just garbage. I would have demanded McCain to come on KM and dissed this crap!!!!

EY you must be straining your ears trying to hear Armstrong Jenune in this song!!! All I hear is a bunch with frog voices straining to sing Obama with there horrible accents!!!!

I know its garbage.. but don't front HOne.. U know you would be behind the screen throwing your hands up for your boy, McCain!..

LMAO!.. No I do hear alittle AJ in there.. Im not going to front and say I don't. Its there.. BUT I agree.. this song is wack no matter how you look at it. Its the accents that kills me.. Maybe if they sang this entire song in Creole, it would be more pleasurable to my ears. It just didn't work guys..

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Erotically Yours wrote:
Haitianone wrote:
Erotically Yours wrote:
camionmac wrote:

Be honest.....
Laughing Laughing

I know its garbage.. but don't front HOne.. U know you would be behind the screen throwing your hands up for your boy, McCain!..

LMAO!.. No I do hear alittle AJ in there.. Im not going to front and say I don't. Its there.. BUT I agree.. this song is wack no matter how you look at it. Its the accents that kills me.. Maybe if they sang this entire song in Creole, it would be more pleasurable to my ears. It just didn't work guys..

I am not JVJ here, if it sucks I will come here and blast it because my candidate deserves quality not mediocrity then again its Obama.

EY, if this was a McCain song all of KM would blasting it and we would be on our 1,000 page by now. I notice it is quiet but that is to be expected. With the greatest sincerity I could not support it even if it was a McCain song.

I don't think Kreyol is going to help either.

DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THIS IS A REALLY NICE SONG.............. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

GIME AN O
GIME A B
GIME AN A
GIME A M
GIME AN A

THAT SPELL OBAMA.................I HOPE THEY NOT HAITIAN....EPI PAT WHERE DID U FIND THAT BAND BRO.... Embarassed Shocked

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: