KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MIZIK MIZIK SHOCKING "MAL" MUSIC VIDEO: WATCH IT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index ->
View previous topic :: View next topic  
menkonpa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is the moment when all the other kompa bands who sing about nothing important should quit the business and start thinking. This video, this message, wow...
Musicians must be selfless, they are the prey of their culture and their passion. This is what Mizik Mizik exemplifies. Say no MORE.
Easily one of the best haitian kompa music videos I have seen in my time.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raymi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fabrice, Keke, Eric, and the rest of the gang,

Thank you for sharing this vivid visual work of art. Mizik Mizik has always been in a class by itself and it has been proven once more.

Much love,
Raymi

konpa_#1_fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

100%
This is a A+ clip!

Mizik Mizik keep it up!!!!!!!!!!

I have not seen better yet

ED

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked Shocked Gadon vidéo, mwen pa jwenn mot poum dekri'l, ou ka wè nèg yo mete tout nanm yo nan vidéo a....WOW

Men map mande'm si tele yo ap difusé'l, paske fok nou pa bay tèt nou manti, gen anpil moun ki te frape par phenomene sa ke vidéo a pral fè du tort wi..mother a pa fou ti gade'l paske nou te viv situation sa, donk pa kouri di ke video pral fè succès, li pral fè moun reviv seri de moman ke yo te komanse bliye.

Pou moun kap di ke video sa pral relansé album nan ...mwen pa kwè...mizik mizik daprè mwen pa telman cheche push album nan, ou pa ta di se yon djazz granmoun ki finn rive, ou pa santi volonté a.

PANCHE A DWAT POUN EVITE TOUT PIEJ YO METE...PANCHE A GAUCHE TOUT SAK PALE POUN BA YO PASE

mlkebreau

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As the mother of two I cannot help but tremble at the thought of watching this unfold... The mother being beaten and raped as the child listened and watched... this innocence stolen and gone too soon... and to think that this - exactly what was stimulated for this video is the reality of our Country wi... this is what happens on a daily basis, hell this is what is happening at this very moment as we type on this webboard, as we read these threads, someone is getting raped, a child's innocence is being robbed and violated and someone is being killed.

How much more can we take before our anger becoming action? Isn't weird that we haven't said "So now what can we do?" Mizik Mizik put a face and a sound to our reality... and for them this is their reality more than for others becuase the names of their friends and families were plastered on the black screen before and after the visuals... The song is wonderful and when I heard it on the album I thought to myself, just as Patrick, why isn't anyone talking about it? and now they WOW us with the video so ofcourse we have to talk about it...

When Zenglendo came out by CaRiMi the kidnapping situation was great but controllable, after the popularity of that song, I always felt that Kidnappings became more rampid... its like the Zenglendo's felt more popular, or like stars because people were singing about them so they worked harder... I hope that Haiti does not shy away from playing this video on all the airways, even as a PSA, and I hope that they send this song transcribed to CNN so that they too get a first glance at the realities of our Country...

Ashamed we should be but angry we should be as well... Anger causes Action and Action causes Change and Change can make a difference!!

Mizik Mizik.. Fabrice, Keke, Eric, all of you - WOW! WOW! WOW!! My tears thank you for they have not seen the light of day in a while and your video brought them out to be released!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LouisJeanBeauge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've probably watched this video 10 times already...Simply Amazing...Nice clean and crisp image, out of this word effect, great concept and the story line could not have been better translated by the scenes. It's all too REAL. A great song by Mizik Mizik and a great video. Thanks guys for putting in words and pictures what many have experienced.

XXplosive

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Simply amazing. I like the sequence and the screenplay is just nice on this one. It's shocking, harsh, raw and emotional. They had a nice U2's Vertigo moment with the special effects towards the end. Very nice.
Good Job guys, i'm simply amazed. Great video.

islandprincesse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am actually in Haiti watching the video and as we drove from the airport the journalist on the radio announced 6 kidnappings (not sure if it was for the month or week) and I just thought to myself "When will this end? How many families have to endure such horrific tragedies?"
With this video Mizik Mizik dared to strike a nerve in the minds of our people about the reality of kidnappings. The song carries a very powerful message and needed a video to relay it visually. The guys did an amazing job with the concept and storyline for the video. From the beginning you get chills and I had tears coming down my face because the depictions in the video resonated the unfortunate stories I have been hearing about the kidnappings in Haiti. Absolutely powerful, superb music video!!!

lakay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me like it Mon....

salime

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW.
This is is my favorite song of the album but it is always gets me in this depressive,reflective mood!
This video is amazing!
Great job Mizik Mizik and the producer as well!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: