KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

TRAFFIC: THE KM INTRODUCTION INTERVIEW!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: TRAFFIC: THE KM INTRODUCTION INTERVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

This group hails out of Haiti via Boston. Here is the KOMPA MAGAZINE INTRODUCTION INTERVIEW with the group TRAFFIC. (You can listen to their son in the KM UNDERGROUND SECTION, or on the KM RADIO JUKEBOX on kompamagazineradio.com

1) Tell us a bit about the group TRAFFIC and how you guys got together?

TRAFFIC: I was recording an album with King Posse, after Sammy went back to Haiti without finishing the project, Buju told me that he was done with King Posse. I told him not to give up on things he loves to do. He said "Gary if you are interested on doing something together with me I'm down, if not I'm done". I told him that I was not interested; however I will produce the album for him. After nagging me over and over I told him yes. We started to work on some new hardcore dancehall, the songs that were already done we modify them a little bit.

2) What style of music would you categorize yourselves as playing?

TRAFFIC: When people ask me where I'm from I always said earth, same for my music we're playing music, don't really have a particular style. Traffic music is like a rainbow, a box of chocolate you find all flavas but with a unique sound and taste.

3) You guys know how hard it is for a new band to break into the market. What makes you guys think that you might be the CHOSEN ONES?

TRAFFIC: Pat with all due respect what I'm about to say I hope people don't think I'm arrogant…the band is new in the market, but we're not new in the market. Buju still remain until today the best selecta the industry have ever seen, I am not as popular as a lot of artist, but I am as good as and even better than many of them. The public are tired hearing and seeing the same people; they are thirsty for something new, something good and I believe we got it.

4) Do you believe that the HMI public gives a fair chance to unproven/new bands? Why or why not?

TRAFFIC: I can't really answer this one, all I can say some bands who are not really known or popular in the industry are way much better than to a lot of bands who are well known or popular. If you ask me if the HMI media gives a fair chance bla bla...This one will be an easy question. It all goes down to the media, the public is like a baby whatever the media feed them that's what they consume….

5) Your musical influences are.....

TRAFFIC: Definitely got to give respect to wycleff Jean, Richie Zinglin, Aly Lariviere as far as producers these people are genius. Singers Mia, Jude Jean, Reginald Cange, I love Samy B, Jean Bernard Thomas, Aly Lariviere, Amstrong Jeune. Gracia and Gazman as far as entertainer the best

6) Convince a fan that knows nothing about your group WHY they should give you guys a chance to win them over.

TRAFFIC: Our style is very unique and versatile

7) The state of the HMI in 2008 according to you is.......(Fill in the blanks). Tell us why.

TRAFFIC: I don't really understand this question

8)Final word.

TRAFFIC: Thank's for the interview, we really appreciate the opportunity. Also thanks to all our fans in Haiti, the US especially in Boston. Pat keep up the good work, never quit, the work you doing is priceless, do not let anybody discourage you, no matter what people said Kompa Magazine is the real deal… anybody don't like it tell them to drop and sleep pliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

KM!

Vaginald3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thx Pat for the interview !!!

beside haitian buju, is there any other singer on the project ???

siw pako river montreal ou pako ka we bel festival

Sonydrums

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guys I will tell you this Im a musician I am not advertising for Gary or anything, But I had a chance to drop a couple of drum tracks on his upcoming album all I can say is I had a blast. The songs are catchy and uplifting except for one of them because it was a slower tempo that sounds like old breath of fresh air like remember Mizik-mizik ( Le nap fe lanmou) type of song very interesting. Not to say that he has some interesting guests on there like sammy did an excellent job on there too People give it a chance if you really digest it don't just throw it aside because they are new. Sa mwen dil epi mwen siyen deyel as a musician So many great talent are outhere but they are afraid of putting something out because you the public is not being fair sometime that's the reason why yall is consuming the same group years after years Its time to evolve my fellow haitian people give each other a chance

Haitianone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe a song was posted awhile ago I really do not know this group

yayad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Djazz sa ginle ka bon wi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NEG SA YO BOSTON?
I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS GROUP!
ANYWAY, GOOD LUCK

RICKY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like these guys are real confident in their product. Waiting to hear more from them. hopefully bagay yo bon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: