Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - TI MICHEL'S 5 INGREDIENTS THAT A NEW BAND NEEDS FOR SUCCESS!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

TI MICHEL'S 5 INGREDIENTS THAT A NEW BAND NEEDS FOR SUCCESS!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: TI MICHEL'S 5 INGREDIENTS THAT A NEW BAND NEEDS FOR SUCCESS! Reply with quote Back to top

We asked HMI producer TI MICHEL OF TROPIDISC, to name the TOP 5 INGREDIENTS that a NEW BAND needs to succeed on the market. This is what he told me.

NEW BANDS TAKE A PEN & NOTEBOOK!

1) MARKETING
2) MUSIC
3) GOOD MANAGEMENT
4) DISCIPLINE
5) "KNOWN" members in the band who bring you "INSTANT" fan base. If they know one or more of the members in the band (The public that is), it helps.

Thanks TI MICHEL.

KM!

Alex77

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hhhhmmm right on the money Ti Michel

Bon Formule $$$$$$

DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: TI MICHEL'S 5 INGREDIENTS THAT A NEW BAND NEEDS FOR SUCC Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:

We asked HMI producer TI MICHEL OF TROPIDISC, to name the TOP 5 INGREDIENTS that a NEW BAND needs to succeed on the market. This is what he told me.

1) MARKETING
2) MUSIC
3) GOOD MANAGEMENT
4) DISCIPLINE
5) "KNOWN" members in the band who bring you "INSTANT" fan base. If they know one or more of the members in the band (The public that is), it helps.
Thanks TI MICHEL.

KM!

MWEN PA DAKò AKE WELL KNOWN MUSICIANS LAN NON...WHY CAN'T IT BE A GROUP OF NEW MUSICIANS THAT KNOW HOW TO PLAY MUSIC.EVERYBODY HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE. I GUEST THAT EXPLAN WHY THEY WILL NOT SUPPORT A NEW BAND(THEY NEED TO HAVE WELL KNOWN MUSICIANS)

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MOURASSA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He said that it HELPS,not that it,s a Prerequisite for a NEW BAND to be successfull

Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Who were the well known musicians of Zin...Konpa Kreyol...K Dans...Lakol...Papash...Koudjay...Tokay...Zenglen...Sweet Mickey...Do I need to continue....all those bands came out with a bunch of new artists that we have come to appreciate their hard work and their talent.
I said it many many times it's all about the music....
If your music is good the public will follow you...once the music is no good they will look elsewhere...but the thing that a new band need the most is "exposure"....once they have the exposure (air wave and live shows) and don't capitalize...yo chire....but if they put on good shows like Konpa Kreyol-Zin Sweet Mickey and Papash did in their early days they sure will become stars and superstars in no time....
Recently we have seen many bands coming out here in the U.S and in Haiti with good marketing plans...and some with well known artists...they played at festivals and at many parties but still "yap patinen en place..."

Last edited by Staff Poze 2 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

DJ-KD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sounds about right...

tropidisc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Folks- Before some take my response out of contest. I was asked what is needed in the market today for a new band to make an impact. So I gave a list of five ingredients that I think are needed in no particular order. MUSIC and MARKETING were at the top of the list. What some are failing to understand is that in the business se pa selmen nan HMI, a proven talent will always be chosen over a new comer because the proven talent has a fan base to market the material to which translate to immediate sales. With a new talent you have to create the fan base. Those in the business that know me, know that I will give the time of day to new talent because I understand that they will be the stars of tomorrow. So please pa focus sou on sel aspe nan repons ke mwen bay la.

Where words fail... music speaks

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Autre que music, sa T-Michel di yan ka aplike nan preske tout lot domaine.

Pou rectifier sa misye di an, map mete BON devan Music lan

1) MARKETING
2) BON MUSIC
3) GOOD MANAGEMENT
4) DISCIPLINE

I don't know about well known musician on least the musician was a great lead singer, even then nothing is certain.

ti-manmi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: TI MICHEL'S 5 INGREDIENTS THAT A NEW BAND NEEDS FOR SUCC Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:

1) MARKETING
2) MUSIC
3) GOOD MANAGEMENT
4) DISCIPLINE

Thanks TI MICHEL.

KM!

ti michel looks like you moreless describe the fastest way to sucess of a band Smile

i think if the new band has the element PLUS POINT five the success will come faster

ie. harmonik Very Happy

was that what you wanted to say ti mich

bon
Very Happy

Vaginald3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tout moun toujou ap di Marketing !!!!

mwen ta bien renmen ou detailler kisa ou tande par Marketing la ...paske gen ampil moun pou yo debarasser yo de ou, ou bien pou yo diw yon jazz ap macher bien ou pas, yo just diw jazz la pa konn fe marketing

siw pako river montreal ou pako ka we bel festival

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: