Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - JUBE'S OPEN LETTER TO KM MEMBER CRITICS IN REGARDS TO....
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

JUBE'S OPEN LETTER TO KM MEMBER CRITICS IN REGARDS TO....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: JUBE'S OPEN LETTER TO KM MEMBER CRITICS IN REGARDS TO.... Reply with quote Back to top

We got this note from PAPA JUBE in regards to some of the replies that his comments about Harmonik got on the other post.

JUBE: "Peace Pat

Can you please convey to the board that “GABEL” Played at SOBS 2 years ago, so did “Hang Out” 1st Klass” BIZI” G5/ etc…Perhaps due to lack of interests on the public’s part, people may have forgotten, but those bands have all played here, and ironically, I love Gabel music as well, I think they are a very tight group, although I think they don’t do as good of a job marketing themselves and their product, which is perhaps why no one remembered if they played at SOBS.

Pat, I am not biased when it comes to bands that I showcase at SOBS, I make no qualms about my love for CARIMI, they are my boyz, I love them, but I have lots of love for T-VICE whom I have always said that Jessie is the most professional manager in the HMI. I love “Kreyola” T-Joe is one of my favorite singers, I voted them as best album last year, I love NU LOOK, I think their new album is off the hook, I also love the upcoming local bands like “BIZI” out of NJ, Chalet with Bono, of course as a businessman I have to book the hot groups to keep the business profitable, but since we own our venue, we do have a little bit more flexibility to also showcase upcoming groups, by pairing them with the more established groups.

My objective was not to criticize other promoters, but more to encourage fans, and promoters to also give the upcoming bands a chance, that's all I was saying."

JUBE!

radiocitadelle2006

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remembered........ But Gabel did not have someone like R.Noel pushing them.. Harmonik have at least 20 PR. working for them.............

Case Close for me Arrow

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radiocitadelle2006 wrote:
I remembered........ But Gabel did not have someone like R.Noel pushing them.. Harmonik have at least 20 PR. working for them.............

Case Close for me Arrow

In al fairness Citadelle ...20 pr got nothing to do with this at all bro.
you might have a case with Rodney but at the sametime he's just Pushing is new band and have the Contacts .

I blame Gabel for not having a rep in NY until now and the lack of promotion up North... Not to Include Promoters that don't want to take chance on New band...(or ki Rinmin Mange' tou Pare')
Yes Harmonik is a New band also... But when you have that Much firepower behind you...things do come a bit easier...Just like being Born to a Millionaire.
Gabel is Blue Collar band and if it's met to be and the hard work that they do every week ...it will pay off at the end.
Look at how much Noise they doing on the Board lately ...that mean liltle by liltle they are Being Noticed just like they Are in MIAMI Area...Pat can find out .. Down there they Rock .
Anyway my Unbias 2 cents. Arrow

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
junimix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2 years ago c'mon that's a long time ? pat can you ask him when is harmonick next time at the sob's ? i'm pretty sure is very soon Laughing Laughing

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
2 years ago c'mon that's a long time ? pat can you ask him when is harmonick next time at the sob's ? i'm pretty sure is very soon

I guess your band didnt past the test, yo kon koule-w brother. mwen we nap vini gran pa gran. Gabel has money behind them to so this is not the case Yanvo.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
yanvaloo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ILandfaces wrote:
Quote:
2 years ago c'mon that's a long time ? pat can you ask him when is harmonick next time at the sob's ? i'm pretty sure is very soon

I guess your band didnt past the test, yo kon koule-w brother. mwen we nap vini gran pa gran. Gabel has money behind them to so this is not the case Yanvo.

Se lan Poch yo ou ye? Rolling Eyes

I can still love Gabel and tell it like it is ... with you Lately , it seem that you are Worst then Kompared ...So mwen teke' frien mwen tou Piti papa... by lavalas Harmonik lan Panse'...

I'm sure all if not everything (silver spoon lan ) it's all about Music Arrow

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
junimix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you got me wrong gabel is not my band. i'm just talking for new band in general.why gabel? because gabel is in a current post on the board and that's why i'm using gabel as an example.

DonGabbana

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why not a HARMONICK VS GABEL next time Laughing Laughing Laughing
That would be a hot party Razz

junimix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why not a HARMONICK VS GABEL next time
That would be a hot party
that should be a nice party [/quote]

kelly2k08

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I See alot of people trying to put Harmonik high and they are not really at that level yet, The group has a decent cd And personally that cd doesnt have any hit, it just have nice songs in there , For any new group to come out and catch the public mind u have to have at least a big hit, Harmonik doesnt have any yet.

Gabel se yon djazz ki plus ap cheche deblozay ak polemik more than anything else. So they dont have any impact on nobody yet a bunch of people dont even know if they have a kompa group name Gabel

Out of all these bands papa jube says only hangout has a name that alot of people know and that used to be when PiPo was with them cause lately its like the group is not trying to advance but recule, For me Frero hasnt make a big impact yet, he knows how to sing and stuff but he hasnt sell hangout out yet like PiPo used to do it

My conclusion is Harmonik, Gabel, Hangout are all in the same level lately, but with hangout having a little edge.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: