Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - GABEL VS HARMONIK WHY....
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

GABEL VS HARMONIK WHY....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: GABEL VS HARMONIK WHY.... Reply with quote Back to top

A LOT OF US HAVEN’T HAD A CHANCE YET TO LISTEN TO GABEL LIVE . SO THEREFORE IF I WAS YOU, I WOULD NOT COMPARE HARMONIK WITH GABEL…HARMONIK PROBABLY HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE MUSICIANS,BACK UP AND INTERNET SOLDIERS,BUT WHEN IT COMES TO “VIDE KOMPA DIRECT” ATè GEN AMPIL JAZZ K’AP DI YO SE NUMBER ONE KI PAKA PARèT DEVAN GABEL. THEY PROBABLY HAVE MORE FANS MEN TANKA POU JWE KOMPA TI MESYE YO BON. EPI GEN AMPIL SOLDA SOU BOD LA KI KA DI NOU KE YO BON MENM SI NOU KONEN SE “FANATIK” YO YE, BUT RAYI CHIEN AN DI DAN L BLANC ….HARMONIK IS ONLY THE NEW BACKSTREET BOYS OF KOMPA THEY PLAYING R&B STYLE KOMPA NOTHING ELSE

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kafou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anmweyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy GADON POST PIMAN BOUK.

Banm rete tan reponse Ti mesye yo pito. ya degaje kozzzzzzzz yo

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KOMPARED...I KNOW YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT VINN DEMANTI M SI W KAPAB...

K-LITO M'AP TANN OU TOU VINN PALE AKE M BROTHER

Last edited by DJ KOMPA on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Zanmi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I went to Gabel a couple months ago when they came to Boston. They did not have their star singer with them, and yet the performance was fine.

Gabel and harmonik should not be compared simply for the fact they don't seem to be playing the same style of music.

With that said, I think Harmonik have more potential to make it big than Gabel. Just my opinion. At this stage, they're both have that infancy feeling to their play, so we'll have to let time be the judge.

They both have plenty to offer. But I must also admit that Harmonik seem to be playing a bit better than Gabel. At least based on that one single performance I witnessed in Boston by both bands.

DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zanmi wrote:
I went to Gabel a couple months ago when they came to Boston. They did not have their star singer with them, and yet the performance was fine.

Gabel and harmonik should not be compared simply for the fact they don't seem to be playing the same style of music.

With that said, I think Harmonik have more potential to make it big than Gabel. Just my opinion. At this stage, they're both have that infancy feeling to their play, so we'll have to let time be the judge.

They both have plenty to offer. But I must also admit that Harmonik seem to be playing a bit better than Gabel. At least based on that one single performance I witnessed in Boston by both bands.

I DON'T THINK WE SHOULD JUDGE A BAND ON JUST ONE PERFOMANCE...NOT TO MENTION THAT THEIR LEAD SINGER WAS NOT EVEN THERE I THINK JAMES FROM SYSTEM BAND HAD TO REPLACE THAT NIGHT... AND M' NOT EVEN GONNA ASK WHY THEY HAVE MORE POTENTIAL TO MAKE IT BIG THAN GABEL, M SURE YOU WOULDN'T MIND GIVING ME A FEW REASON WHY...

radiocitadelle2006

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I did not to do SOB's....... but one of my friend who was there told me.. that... the band kinda weak live......

Harmonik can't touch Gabel.... they not even near Gabel...........

Gabel Devan....... Arrow

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This coming from someone who started to listen to kompa a few months ago, ala koze papa mwen kon kote'w kampe i can go back to all your post plain and simple. YOU havent been to any Harmonik performance yet, give me a freaking break Before compare them to Gabel remember Harmonik have their own unique style which is hard to do compare to some bands who only make noise. Let me put it plain and simple for you DJ KOMPA GABEL PAKA KAMPE DEVAN HARMONIC MUSICALLY SPEAKING AND HARMONIK PA BEZOIN COMPETITION SA NAP CHACHE LA.

Remember what Jay-z said why would he waist his time with someone who's not on his level. Gabel is a good band with lots of money behind them almost 3 years nada yet. We can all agree Harmonik has the upper hands when is came to booking because of Noel but se pa noel ki te fer Album nan. se pa paske se Noel ki fer yo sold out SOBS, Funny thing is we failed to give credit where credit deserve Nicky has his own fan base.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Zanmi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes indeed, Nicky alone could pack SOBs.

Again this comparison is unwarranted. Harmonik is playing a completely different style than Gabel.

I don't get what DJKompa wants to prove. Keep in mind I have just been grilled by some harmonik fans about a review i did on their performance in Boston.

Harmonik has more potential for many reasons, and the biggest of all is Nickenson Prud'homme. I don't even need to cite Rodney Noel, Fito etc...era..era...

Gabel though, I did say they played fine without their superstar. So I think it would be more appropriate to see gabel in Zenglen's lens...

kafou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ILandfaces wrote:
This coming from someone who started to listen to kompa a few months ago, ala koze papa mwen kon kote'w kampe i can go back to all your post plain and simple. YOU havent been to any Harmonik performance yet, give me a freaking break Before compare them to Gabel remember Harmonik have their own unique style which is hard to do compare to some bands who only make noise. Let me put it plain and simple for you DJ KOMPA GABEL PAKA KAMPE DEVAN HARMONIC MUSICALLY SPEAKING AND HARMONIK PA BEZOIN COMPETITION SA NAP CHACHE LA.

Remember what Jay-z said why would he waist his time with someone who's not on his level. Gabel is a good band with lots of money behind them almost 3 years nada yet. We can all agree Harmonik has the upper hands when is came to booking because of Noel but se pa noel ki te fer Album nan. se pa paske se Noel ki fer yo sold out SOBS, Funny thing is we failed to give credit where credit deserve Nicky has his own fan base.

MEZANMI RO!

ISLANDFACES se pa ou minm ki kon rele Deye'm pou Opinion Lot moun epi koulyea ou tounin MARKOUT deye ninpot moun ki pa dako avek ou au sujet Harmonick. MEZANMI ROoooooooooooooooooooooo banm rire toujou Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kafou brother anyone can give their opinion about the band and i am not going after anyone for that matter but we need to look at facts vs fanatik, I know where dj kompa stand when it come to Harmonik so i have every right do defend them. How can you said Harmonik have their own style compare to Gabel, but yet you feel like Gabel are playing better than them, does that make any sense to you. Why even compare them to Gabel, i am not trying to put Gabel down but from my understanding Gabel is the last thing on Harmonik's mind.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: