KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Haitian Barber Shop

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Machiavel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Haitian Barber Shop Reply with quote Back to top

The scenery is the same everyday. A bunch of middle-aged men who are not there to receive hair cuts, but to discuss politics. 90% of them would not how hold a newspaper, yet their are so knowledgeable about everything that goes on in the world. They pull dataand statistics out of their you-know-what. Everyone is speaking at once as if it were a shouting match.

One time I was in one those barber shops in Brookly, and one of those middle-aged Haitian man was trying to convince everyone in the barber how blacks were inferior to whites. I sat there and listened patiently until I could get his attention and the others. I told the man if he knew what the value of his getting an education was. He looked at me with some confusion, but in a calm and reserve manner I told him that the best way realize the value of an education is when I encounter people like himself who were not privy it because I would rather be dead man than to be in his position. A month later I saw him again at the same barbershop, and his demeanor had changed completely.

Moun sot se danjé pou la sosyeté.

KREOLA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Machaviel,

Ou pa peur pou neg sa pa mange'w Question Question The best thing is let him or her just continue talking trash, There's no need to comment on nonsense

Whenever I go to the hair salon or the local shop... I bring a book or a puzzle to play with... Mwen paka coute tintin parfois nan tete mwen.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who?, ou ANRAGE

JenJen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. I would feel so sorry for the guy for whatever happened to him or however he was raised for him to actually believe such a thing.

I think that it was good that you said something. I would have chosen different words. If his demeanor changed, hopefully that got him to rethink his beliefs.

JenJen

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well my dad once told me ....fanm..pito ou en nafais ak VOLE OU PA EN NAFAIS AK MOUN SOT.........

U KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT DE VOLE A.....MIN MOUN SOT LA SE L'ETAT PORT AU PRINCE........BAGAY DEVANT DEYE NET.......

I cant nver comprehend moun kap chill nan barbershop sa yo....to me se on equipe LOOSERS......A RIEN A FAIRE....AND MOST SANS CONVERSATION...SE MIN'M JUNK YO YO TOUJOU AP PALE..........

Anyway time for dodo ........ Cool

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Well my dad once told me ....fanm..pito ou en nafais ak VOLE OU PA EN NAFAIS AK MOUN SOT.........

fanm, se yon gro bagay ou di laaa oui se a. IT IS SO TRUE.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: