KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

1ST KLASS "DEDOUBLE" SONG FACES THE MUSIC!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: 1ST KLASS "DEDOUBLE" SONG FACES THE MUSIC! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is another edition of our "FACE THE MUSIC". This is what we need from the panel/members.

YOU will grade the song/artist in FOUR categories on a scale of 1 TO 5. In each one of the categories you tell us why you gave them the grade that you did (Could be brief or not)

Look at our RANKINGS GRADE CHART to see what each one of the scores mean.

5 BUZZWORTHY: Keep an eye on this group/artist.
4 GOOD: You got my attention, even though the song is not perfect
3 FAIR: Average piece of work
2 POOR: Needs a LOT OF WORK
1 UNACCEPTABLE: Should Not have gotten in the studio to waste our time

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL

B) MUSICIANSHIP

C) VOCALS

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT:

*ARTIST: 1ST KLASS

*SONG: "DEDOUBLE"

*CLICK ON THE LINK TO LISTEN TO THE SONG
http://www.kreyoltv.com/mp3/dedouble.mp3

DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL 5

B) MUSICIANSHIP 4

C) VOCALS 3 I LIKE HIS VOICE ON THEIR FIRST SONG SI PITI AN TE GEN YON VWA PIKE DEVAN MIZIK LAN T'AP KREZI

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS 4

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT...NOW ALL THEY NEED IS A LOVE HIT SINGLE AND BY THE WAY WHO'S THE MANAGER BEHIND THAT BAND...TI MESYE SA YO TA SIPOZE MOUTE BYEN WO WI PASKE YO GEN SON LA RI AN WI LA...AMPIL GROOVE AP TOMBE... GUYS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RICKY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL : I'll give them a 3.

B) MUSICIANSHIP 4 : They show that they can put a song together and not just paste something together. Also Blaise on the track helped them out also

C) VOCALS : 3 Not bad could use some work

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS :3 Just talking about how the band is here and ready not fearing any isn't enough but shows you mean business Cool

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: They show what they can do and that keyboard had me really feeling this track.

kompa'npiwo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL 3

B) MUSICIANSHIP2

C) VOCALS 3 si chante-a te gen yon bon coach nan studio-a li te ka fe moyenn li
D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS 2

A PATIR DE 4 MINUTES 5 SEC SE POU YO AL REMET ELPOZO AK ZENGLEN GROOVE YO.TOUT SA GUITARISTE LA FE NAN MIZIK SA-A SE ZENGLEN AK T-VICE LI CHARE.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kompared

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL 2

B) MUSICIANSHIP 2

C) VOCALS 2

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: I do not see any potential here. I do not like the song.

konpa rockers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: 1ST KLASS "DEDOUBLE" SONG FACES THE MUSIC! Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL - 3

B) MUSICIANSHIP - 3

C) VOCALS - 2 vokal misye tro weak pou mizik sa....

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS - 2

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: 1st Klass have potential... if they have the right people around them... they can make some noise.... Very Happy

Evie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL-(2)-Not with these lyrics and lead singer's voice!!!!

B) MUSICIANSHIP- (3) That is the only thing that sounds decent in the song!!!!

C) VOCALS-(2) Not feeling the lead singer's voice! Is seems like he is a bit OVER excited in this song and is not taking his time to actually SING!!! There is a little bit of belching there!!!

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS-(1) They say nothing in their song!!! Nothing at all!!!! I would like to know who wrote these lyrics because they are not good!!!

BIG "NO NO" number:

1."Oh Oh, mou dedouble!!! Oh Oh, 1st Klass vin anvayi- the guitar plays right after this...WHY???? You have not said one thing!!!
2. "Ke yo sote le yo we nap jwe!!"- You guys just got hear... ke kiyes ki sote la???? Not mine!!! Si se pou'l sote, it would be for how BAD this song is, not GOOD!!!!
3. "Nou pral vole!!!"- Get rid of this line....TURN OFF!!!
4. "Remix Baby...min kompa!!"- Pathetic...needs to go as well!!!
5. "Le saint esprit desan sou d'jazz la...pare pou konveti!!!"- Are you kidding me (that came out of nowhere)??!!! Pare pou konveti for WHAT??

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: - You guys have a lot of work to do!!! There is no potential here in my opinion, especially if you do not fix the problems that I have mentioned above!!!! A message to all the other NEW bands coming up....

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT TALK SO MUCH IN YOUR SONGS AND JUST LET THE MUSIC PLAY!!! When you talk that much, it looks like you are TRYING TOO HARD!!! Oh, I forgot to mention this to 1st Klass...THE LEAD SINGER TALKS TOO MUCH!!!! Some lyrics did not have to be in there!!!

Also, when you are NEWBIES, let the public judge whether or not you are playing kompa or nonsensssssse!!!! I am tired of listening to bands say "min kompa" ALL THE TIME!!! Let the public be the judge of that!!! Thank you!!!

Kompa Love

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: 1ST KLASS "DEDOUBLE" SONG FACES THE MUSIC! Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL (3) Didn't like the start, but warmed up to it with guitar solos.

B) MUSICIANSHIP (4) I like the guitar licks in the beginning. Good sound.

C) VOCALS (3) Same style as Armstrong, but needs work.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS (3) Happy song. They'll get a pass.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: It like what heard, would like to hear something with more substance.

*ARTIST: 1ST KLASS

*SONG: "DEDOUBLE"

DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SORRY PAT I JUST HAD TO SAY THIS ...SI MUZIK SA SE TE DJACKOUT KITE LAGE L NOU TOUT T'AP KOURI DI SE YON HIT...WE ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT HOW WE TIRED OF GETTING THE SAME NU LOOK VS CARIMI , TVICE VS CARIMI KREYOL LA AND SO ON...WHY DON'T WE GIVE OUR NEW BAND A CHANCE... TOUT BAND NAN HMI LA USED THE SAME KOUT GUITAR AND THE SAME KOUT PIANO...

KOMPAMAGAZINE IS A BIG FORUM WHENEVER A NEW BAND COME AND NOU KRITIKE YO KONSA LI PA BON. PASKE MOUNN K'AP LI BOD LA PWAL DI AAAAAAAAAAAA MWEN T'AP LI SOU KOMPAMAGAZINE MOUNN YO DI JAZZ SA PA BON... WHATEVER WE MEMBERS SAY HERE, THAT'S WHAT OUR READERS BELIEVE IN...

MIZIK LAN PA GEN ANYEN POU NOU AP KRITIKE LI KONSA...SI SE TE DJACKOUT NOU T'AP DI SE YON NUMBER ONE HIT LI YE

EPI PAT KOTE TOUT MOUNN KITE PROMET OU YO MWEN PA Wè YO NON

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
yef

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL 3
ti konpa byen tonbe after the 2mn mark
Bagay yo desann nan "alo blaise vin pale."
I like the "dedouble" part

B) MUSICIANSHIP 3
Kout keyboard yo bel. Guitar ok. Production wise, it's ok too.
Ti mesye Northeast ap fe anpil efo wi la Smile

C) VOCALS 3
Background vocal yo bel anpil.
Lead vokal la ok.

The lyrics are not cohesive.
It doesn't flow all the time. Besides that it's ok.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT:
First class djazz NY ap vini wi!!
Album Ti misye yo pa mal dutout
They should take out the Blaise part.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: