KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HARMONIK: OFFICIAL SONG BY SONG KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FUNKY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

belfam wrote:
depi sou premye mo yo mwen te sispek mizik sa-a'
ka ban-m pwoblem
"dlo nan je-m pap sispann koule
sou vye bout papye ke ma-p konpoze
sou lorizon ma mete-ou kouche
desine ake-ou koule ki pa egziste"
Epi mounn kap chante-l too jezirrrr
thank god mwen pa nan jeness mwen anko
paske le neg sa-a tap chante mizik la
m tap kanpe devan-l epi fe-l gade-m nan zye
bon ban mal vide dlo sou mwen Laughing Laughing Laughing

KISA Evil or Very Mad ??? saw tap fè ?? vè kè lè ??Kibo ou tap passé ?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Tanpri tandé..just enjoy mizik la ak vwa...anyen lot Laughing Laughing

epi tou mwen bien kontan ou pa nan la jeness anko Razz Wink Laughing

belfam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sam ta fe???? e bondye fe mwen pa pediat
mwen tap voye-ou al bwa korekteman
ti jezi sa-a se mwen ki ta pwal jere-l
mezanmi Hamonik good job on the cd anko

belfam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Epi Funky mwen still ka fe-l gade-m nan je le
lap chante mizik la ok Laughing Laughing Laughing
male

JimBo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOVE SONGS ON THIS ALBUM ARE ON POINT,
ALBUM SA SOLID APILE THERE IS NO LIE IN THAT Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Cool Smile
I WISH THIS BAND LUCK, MWEN TA REMIN WE DJAZZ SA AP BIEN FEL B/C THEIR ALBUM IS TIGHT Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool

MWEN LA MAP SUIV YO Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

P.S. DJAZZ MIAMI YO VEYE KOW NOU TANDE Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Wink Wink Wink Wink

THANX FOR THE REVIEW BLOOD
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FUNKY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

belfam wrote:
Epi Funky mwen still ka fe-l gade-m nan je le
lap chante mizik la ok Laughing Laughing Laughing
male

Esssspèèèssssssssss d`agace pucette...cd yo baw kouté...let me jéré the rest ok Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

antouka album la gin bel review tout koté so now c le 15 nan bal la( sorry can`t say grande premiere Rolling Eyes )

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

True Love is a great song, man its a great song.

kazak-lakol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the review PAT. M se gro FANATIK Dener CEIDE, M panse Nicky te ka ba msye chante plis sou CD a. Msye gen yon couleur different sou fason l jwe guyta tou ki tap bay harmonick yon flavor diferan de lot djazz yo.
N-e-ways its already too late, but Goood job harmonick!
True love and Se pa politik se afè pam.

Dr.Mizik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Again, I'm just stating my often not-too-welcomed opinion. I'm thankful and I respect this review but I would not co-sign it at all. The subjective part of the review, ei the description of the songs, was very colorful and well thought. I guess no one can argue or challenge the feeling that a song invokes in a listener or a reviewer. However, I think the predilection will miss the mark. “If the band does well in the live circuit, it will be a major powerhouse in the HMI” seems to be the recurring motif in most of the harmonick’s review. Well… this statement is true for any band with any average mediocre album in the HMI and does not in any forms or shapes add anything to the inherent qualities of the CD.

I must remind the reader that carimi and djakout had, in my opinion, respectively the two worst albums of the year 2007-2008. Yet, they did well in the live circuit. As a matter of fact, they would have done well in the live circuit with or without an album. Consequently, I believe that live performances are not good parameters to measure or gauge the inherent qualities of any album. It is bit tricky, but I hope the reader was not lost. Doing well in the live circuit says very little about the true quality of an album. If the live circuit is the final hurdle to confirm the greatness of harmonick's CD, these guys are getting off the hook too easily.

If we are to compare and contrast the album to the other graduating members of its class, we may surprisingly find that it barely passed (68=C=passing). I believe it is only better than than Carimi, djakout, and of course zin's album. As such, I think it is only an average mediocre album. After all the hoopla and everything else, we cannot use the same adjectives for all the albums that came out. I do not believe in judging or reviewing album in a vaccum. I know, it would be better for all the bands if we review albums like it was a little ( kids) league baseball tournament. As long as you participated, you did extremely great. No, no, not in the grown-ups world. The world is very competitive and you will be competing whether you come in peace or not. If (Zenglen, NUlook, t-vice, dola, kreole la, Kdans, Krezi, Belo, Alan, Richie and gracia, mizik-mizik) had extremely great albums, harmonick only has a decent, average, good album. We can't call everything that comes out great, we have to be careful with the choice of words and the overall tone of the reviews.

I have to get a sense that when we are saying that the album is great or amazing we are not implicitly saying that it is of equal qualities to the previously mentioned albums. And, if as I stated, harmonick's album is of lesser qualities ( all things considered) than the albums that I mentioned, it has to simply be reviewed as an average album compare to the other members of its 2007-2008 graduating class. Or all reviews must emphasize that it is only great, if such term may be used in the same sentence as harmonick, FOR A NEW BAND, but no the standard of the HMI.

Sincerely,
Drmizik

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: