KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

CISCO THE BATCH & 911 KOMPA "FACE THE MUSIC"..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: CISCO THE BATCH & 911 KOMPA "FACE THE MUSIC".. Reply with quote Back to top

Here is another edition of our "FACE THE MUSIC" series. This is what we need from the panel/members.

YOU will grade the song/artist in FOUR categories on a scale of 1 TO 5. In each one of the categories you tell us why you gave them the grade that you did (Could be brief or not)

Look at our RANKINGS GRADE CHART to see what each one of the scores mean.

5 BUZZWORTHY: Keep an eye on this group/artist.
4 GOOD: You got my attention, even though the song is not perfect
3 FAIR: Average piece of work
2 POOR: Needs a LOT OF WORK
1 UNACCEPTABLE: Should Not have gotten in the studio to waste our time

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL

B) MUSICIANSHIP

C) VOCALS

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT:

*ARTIST: CISCO THE BATCH & 911 KOMPA!
*SONG: "LE KOMPA"

*CLICK ON THE LINK TO LISTEN TO THE SONG
http://www.kreyoltv.com/mp3/lekompa.mp3

KM!

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL...4 If marketed right this track good be a good song to introduce to kompa fans, I say this mildly it is not a super hit but a good song for introduction to the HMI

B) MUSICIANSHIP .... 4 I do not know who is playing the instruments but it seems cleans and a nice modern kompa direck tracks, the bass and rhythm guitar, and even the drums were on point.

C) VOCALS...4 the vocalists is new and it seems his voice is fresh and distinctive and also kept the music in sync.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS ... 3 Lyrics here is nothing to cry about

Overall, this is a nice song to introduce to the public for a new band, instrumentation and vocals are tight and there is hope if there is other good material from this band.

choubenz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sa trop a to

komansman mizik sa se komansman mizik group RARA ki rele DJARARA ana NYC

vwa misye tankou se on neg kap kourin an minm tan lap ranni

1)hit factor---1 for effort, al deyer on travay si se konsa album la ap ye

2)musicianship 1----don't see it at all----mwen gintan turn off depi sou komansman beat DJARARA

3)Vocals---0 se ri wap fe moun ri-w granmoun----bwe anpil citron, komanse rele anmwey matin midi soir pou-w oue si vwa ou a vinn on ti jan min ginler pa gin chance pou vwa-m minm

4)subject/materials 0 don't really care paske mwen pa feel chante a

closing arguments----ret nan role ou, mwen konnin ecnomy a pa bon ou ka pa ka jwinn job min bagay mizik la pa pou ou patne

epi mwen poze----ou pa bon minm

HIPchick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: CISCO THE BATCH & 911 KOMPA "FACE THE MUSIC& Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL :3 It's an average song that could get airplay on the radio but not enough buzz to make people want to know more about the group.

B) MUSICIANSHIP: 3.5 (hope half scores are allowed) The beat is ok, but started off like something I've heard countless times before. Overall it's good but doesn't stand out.

C) VOCALS: 4 Good Compas voice.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS: 2 I do not like that different parts of the song (their first) sounds like other people's work (i.e. "li fèt deja"sounds like T-Vice in A3 where they say "li fè l deja" and the "to the left, to the right..." is too reminiscent of old school hits). Also how can their first line be "sa fè lontan nap jwe konpa" when this is their first single? Confused Pati rap anglè a pa bon menm.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: It's an ok song and they have some potential, just cut out the rapping and try to find their own style instead of making a medley of others.

Evie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL-2 The song is not all that good for it to be a hit. More work is needed.

B) MUSICIANSHIP- 3 Okay

C) VOCALS- 2 In the middle of the song, it sounded as if the singer was mumbling a bit. The gentleman who decided to rap in this song was a BIG no no for me. The "To the left/right" stuff needs to GO.....MAN!!!! Their should have been more to the song.....it should NOT have ended the way it did (SO ABRUPT).

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS- 1 Very poor in my opinion. I keep hearing "Kompaaaaaaaaaaa", and it was not even that serious!!!

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: This group needs some work. The lead singer sounds as if he is slurring his words as he sings the song a little bit. The rap portion is not needed and the left/right swim stuff has to go BIG TIME!!! They also need to stop saying KOMPA in the song and let US, the public judge whether it's some real kompa or not Rolling Eyes . This song in my opinion is incomplete. Let the music play and stop TALKING in it if there is no need for it!!!! Thanks!!

Last edited by Evie on Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

XXplosive

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: CISCO THE BATCH & 911 KOMPA "FACE THE MUSIC& Reply with quote Back to top

ARTIST: CISCO THE BATCH & 911 KOMPA!
SONG: "LE KOMPA"

RANKINGS GRADE CHART

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL: 4 The melody is very nice. Felt like something I heard before but it's very nice to sing along too. The group bring some dance move for the crowd to heat things up. Tout moun ap swimming. Keyboard is very moving.

B) MUSICIANSHIP: 4 The mixing is good, the instrument are in sync. Bel ti ligne vent. Band deye a ale ak ti solo keyboard and the guitar underneath is very cool. They should have put a guitar solo but it doesn't really take anything away from the song.

C) VOCALS: 3 It's not too bad. There are room for improvement.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS: 4
I like the lyrics very much. Mwen renmen leu misyeu ap di chak djazz vini ak tel style epi yo di li fet deja men Cisco paret ak yon nouvo dance ki rele swimming, very nice for a new band.

They have some good potential. I love the song, easy to sing and dance to it, byen chofe. They are on a good start. I hope they continue with the promotion, bring more news of the bands and pics even if it's free hangout or rehearsal pics. Good luck Cisco The Batch, good job!

Kompa Love

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: CISCO THE BATCH & 911 KOMPA "FACE THE MUSIC&quo Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL (2) You need something catchy as a new band.

B) MUSICIANSHIP (3) Sound is fine. Okay grooves.

C) VOCALS (2) Needs singing lessons.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS (2) The beginning was okay talking about kompa music, but wasn't consistent.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: Needs a lot of work, collaborating with a known producer should help get there.

*ARTIST: CISCO THE BATCH & 911 KOMPA!
*SONG: "LE KOMPA"

PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay I am downloading the track now to give my take.. In the meantime, I have to STATE something..

Jumping in the HMI game is already hard enough for a new band. Everything handed to the public MUST.. no exceptions.. MUST be clean and polished. SOOOOO Whats up with that flyer/poster! I don't know if it's just me that over analyzes too much but I expect these news bands to touch EVERY base when it comes to "presentation". Your boy looks he was running from the cops and took a slip around the corner and almost busted his bouda.. and SNAP.. someone caught him red handed with their camera! Man.. That's not a good picture at all. You guys have no idea how important presentation when you drop new material. Hopefully this will not be this band's CD COVER.. Not sure if my opinion matters or not, but if it were up to me, there's no way in heck I would put that cover out!.. REFAIRE..

BACK TO THE TRACK....

yef

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: CISCO THE BATCH & 911 KOMPA "FACE THE MUSIC& Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL -----> 3
you can't really have a hit with grooves alone....you gotta have at least a little
substance on the lyrics side.

B) MUSICIANSHIP------>3
Anpil groove wi. The song does feel empty in the beginning. It started to get heavier at 1:47 mark.
The guitars are kinda monotone.
The brass could be mixed and placed better in the mix.
The keys are awesome..very catchy!!!
I only hear the keys when there's a solo. check the mix guys!
The bass line is great!

C) VOCALS ----->2
Lead vocal: not bad at all...some parts of the lead vocal..should have been chorus....for example from 1:11 to 1:26...misye pedi souf

Chorus: well mixed.

Rap: The rap goes well with the song, but it's not integrated well enough in the mix.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS---------->1
hmm pretty much empty. No lyrics at all...sorry....subject not properly developped.
This was what I call a groove song. I really recommend that they have a professional look
at their lyrics for them. Not everyone can write.

Anpil groove...unfortunately, I wouldn't listen to this song again...the lyrics are a TURN OFF! This type of songs require some kind of message, advice, etc...think of Ti Manno's "lajan", djakout's "biznis pam"...there's a message! Works on the lyrics guys!! Nou gaspiye mizik la

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL (1) not commercial at all from the poster to the concept.

B) MUSICIANSHIP (1) the mix is very bad .

C) VOCALS (2) Needs singing lessons

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS (1) still trying to figure out whats the song is about.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: Cant say much honestly.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: