KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

BJAY FEATURING BLACK ALEX/BLACK FANFAN: FACE THE MUSIC!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XXplosive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: BJAY FEATURING BLACK ALEX/BLACK FANFAN: FACE THE MUSIC! Reply with quote Back to top

RANKINGS GRADE CHART

5 BUZZWORTHY: Keep an eye on this group/artist.
4 GOOD: You got my attention, even though the song is not perfect
3 FAIR: Average piece of work
2 POOR: Needs a LOT OF WORK
1 UNACCEPTABLE: Should Not have gotten in the studio to waste our time

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL:
2 The keyboard in the beginning has a good suspense in it but the reggeaton is played out right now. They have potential in their delivery. It could be a good song but the reggeatong vibe just killed it and the singer is winning two much.

B) MUSICIANSHIP: 4 They did a good job in their delivery and they were in sync with eachother except for the the guy singing.

C) VOCALS: 4 It's a reggeaton after all so no need for awsome vocals. If you put these rap flows in a different kompa beat or dancehall beat, it will kill, it would be a HIT

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS:
3 It's average. I mean it's a dance track and the lyrics don't need to be deep. It's just about a girl being attracted to a guy. Club songs, lyrics are average in the chorus. Not bad at all in the rap verses. There are some good potential here.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT:

Black FanFan is a very good MC. Black Alex is just Black Alex. B-Jay chose two good artist to promote his song and I think people in Haiti will bounce to it. I feel that reggeaton is out of style but it's still big in Hait so I think B-Jay will be fine with this one but it wont be huge. I would recomend him to go dancehall and hip hop rather the this. It's an average track. It will get some plays at club but it won't bring the house down.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow...

I see Pat's two previous posts got a lot og people to really take a good listen adn give their opinions.

Let's see how long this lasts.

Will come back with my opinion later.

Can't listen at work.

Clifton

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Keep it up folks sprecially H1, Choubenz i like your comments about the topic Laughing Very Happy. And i am work i can't listen to either, later on i will be back for my opinion.

Gromosso

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL - 1 Ah mezanmi, I highly doubt this song will get any airtime.

B) MUSICIANSHIP - Come on now, the beat is too simple, it's too common, it has no originality whatsover.

C) VOCALS - 0 - Very annoying vocals on the lead. He sounds like he's whining about something instead of making a moderate attempt at singing.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS - 0- None whatsover

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: - I'm sorry I downloaded this on my laptop.

This song gets an A REFAIRE COMPLETEMENT from me.

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
Wow...

I see Pat's two previous posts got a lot og people to really take a good listen adn give their opinions.

Let's see how long this lasts.

Will come back with my opinion later.

Can't listen at work.

You said it. I will say this, the rating system does help the listener, with what to look for in the song and to judge it accordingly.

The one advice I would give to anyone attempting to rate a song is TRY not to read other comments because it MAY unconsciously bias you. Very Happy

yef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: BJAY FEATURING BLACK ALEX/BLACK FANFAN: FACE THE MUSIC! Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL
3 I think a video will do this song good. It's catchy.

B) MUSICIANSHIP
3 first of all this type of music doesn't require much musicianship. I give it a 3 because the beat is just average. Nothing special about it.

C) VOCALS
2 I feel that Bjay was forcing it a bit. Maybe it's the mixing, but nevertheless, if this is the finished product, it needs work. Black Alex and Black Fanfan were fine.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS
3 I think the lyrics are great, but there is nothing in there I haven't heard before. I strongly suggest Bjay gets professional advice about his lyrics. Mika for example.

Great song! I don't think Black Alex and Black Fanfan were used to the fullest in this song. I didn't get the impact I was expecting. Overall, I would jam to this song anytime, but if B-jay is going for perfection, there's a lot of space for improvement.

konpa rockers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL - 1... this song will never get airplay

B) MUSICIANSHIP - 2 it's a below average reggaeton...

C) VOCALS - 1 UNACCEPTABLE: Should Not have gotten in the studio to waste our time... Black Alex included...

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS -3 why? cause this is where my highest score belong...

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: back to the drawing board guys before you can pass this BOARD... Wink

DonGabbana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

M'pa rayi muzik la... Se 5e tande'm la Shocked
Gen pati nan muzik la ki trè antrenan tankou pati
"Fais pas semblant..."
E depi pati sa m'antre nan muzik la
En tout et pour tout m'ba li 75% a lèz pou'm pa di 80%
Nice Razz

DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL 3

B) MUSICIANSHIP 3

C) VOCALS 3

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS 2

THE SONG IS NOT BAD I WOULD PLAY IN THE CLUB DURING MY REGGAE OR REGGATON SECTION BUT OTHERWISE I WILL NOT LISTEN TO IT ON MY FREE TIME.

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DonGabbana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

M'te just anvi korije tèt mwen.... M'bay muzik sa 90%

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL = 4

B) MUSICIANSHIP = 4

C) VOCALS = 4

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS = 3.5

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: TRÈ ANTRENAN Wink M'POKO KA SUSPANN KOUTE'L

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: