KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

BJAY FEATURING BLACK ALEX/BLACK FANFAN: FACE THE MUSIC!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: BJAY FEATURING BLACK ALEX/BLACK FANFAN: FACE THE MUSIC! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the debut of our "FACE THE MUSIC". This is what we need from the panel/members.

YOU will grade the song/artist in FOUR categories on a scale of 1 TO 5. In each one of the categories you tell us why you gave them the grade that you did (Could be brief or not)

Look at our RANKINGS GRADE CHART to see what each one of the scores mean.

5 BUZZWORTHY: Keep an eye on this group/artist.
4 GOOD: You got my attention, even though the song is not perfect
3 FAIR: Average piece of work
2 POOR: Needs a LOT OF WORK
1 UNACCEPTABLE: Should Not have gotten in the studio to waste our time

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL

B) MUSICIANSHIP

C) VOCALS

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT:

*ARTIST: B-JAY
*SONG: "I CAN TELL" (Features BLACK ALEX and BLACK FANFAN)

*CLICK ON THE LINK TO LISTEN TO THE SONG
http://www.kreyoltv.com/mp3/icantell.mp3

KM!

Haitianone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

COMMERCIAL/HIT FACTOR: 3- Fair

MUSICIANSHIP: 4- Good, production sound ok, no complaints

VOCALS: 3- Fair, I cannot feel the intensity of the vocalists

SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS: 3- Fair, lyrical is not amazing but consistent

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: Black Alex did ok in this song, if this is supposed to be reggaeton well be a full fledge reggaeton song. I just do not feel the intensity.

choubenz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mezanmi ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-----se pa bagay sa ou ta mete en premier Pat

map ba SA 0----NEG YP RANSEUR ANPIL YO VINN AK BAGAY SA NAN FIGURE MOUN---BAGAY RAP EN KREYOL SA FE TANKOU NEG YO SE AFRIK YO YE, MWEN PA JANM KA PRAN PAWOL KAP SOT NAN BOUCHE NEG YO

1)HIT FACTORY----SI SE MUSIC SA POUM TA TANDE ANKOR POU ON NEG PA BAN MWEN KALOT ET BIEN LI MET BAN MWEN KALOT LA----SA SE MES UP EARDRUM MOUN-----1

2)MUSICIANSHIP-----PA GIN TALENT, SE BADOU, BADA, BADOU MWEN TANDE SELMAN----2

3)VOCALS--- Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing LER YO LAGUE ON KOMPA TRACK MA PALE DE VOCAL YO----CAN'T SAY NOTHING ON THAT----3

4)MWEN PA KONPRANN DE KISA NEG YO AP PALE-----1

SUMMARY---FE RESPE NOU AK MOUN-----YOU GUYS NEED TO REGROUP AND COME WITH SOMETHING BETTER----OU PAP SIPESTA SI SE AK BAGAY SA YO NAP VINN SOU MOUN

BANN BETIZER

Evie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

5 BUZZWORTHY: Keep an eye on this group/artist.
4 GOOD: You got my attention, even though the song is not perfect
3 FAIR: Average piece of work
2 POOR: Needs a LOT OF WORK
1 UNACCEPTABLE: Should Not have gotten in the studio to waste our time

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL-3 It can be a hit ONLY if they either change the singer or he stops trying so hard with his voice.

B) MUSICIANSHIP-4 Nice little beat.

C) VOCALS-2 The man singing, his voice is shaky!!! Trying too hard!! Black ALex's voice ruined it as well with his cracky/annoying voice Rolling Eyes !!!

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS-3 from what I COULD hear, it was ok!!!

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: Based on this one song, I can say that this group may have potential. The only thing that concerns me is the lead singer's voice!!! Not that impressive.

Last edited by Evie on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:22 pm; edited 3 times in total

k-lito

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL 2
I ll give the 2 for the effort I can see through this track the potential this artist has. I can't imagine this song being played in a club. No way. Commercial? Not at all if there is an studio album in the works, this song will not sell the CD.

B) MUSICIANSHIP 2
What Musicianship?... this song has ONE beat to eat. I do not feel any variety. At a certain point I get tired of the beat.

C) VOCALS 2
How many people singing on this track? ... The vocals need super and major work. Who ever sings the intro seems like they are pushing hard to get that perfect vocal which seems to not getting out. The Black Alex part reminds me big time of the old days of King Posse.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS 4
To me lyrics are a big part of a song and this song's lyrics is filled with creativity. They are simple and yet they seem to say a lot more then what you hear.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT:

Overall this song is below average. Needs lots of work. It seems like it is suppose to be a Up tempo song but at the end I am tired of listening to the same beat and just want to turn off my speakers.

"It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste."
Henry Ford

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kompa Love

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: BJAY FEATURING BLACK ALEX/BLACK FANFAN: FACE THE MUSIC! Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL (4) Nice beat, it will do damage at the clubs.

B) MUSICIANSHIP - (3) The sound is okay, however, live this can be perform with a DJ and singers, not many instrument involved.

C) VOCALS - (3) No complaints about the vocals, but there's room for improvement.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS (3) Boy and girl song, can't really go wrong with that.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: For a reggaeton type song, I have heard better, but this looks promissing. Keep it up.

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL - 1: The only thing this artist did that novel is that it is one of the very few Haitian reggaeton songs. Other than that no RADIO should play this song. In fact this song shouldn't be downloaded other than for the purpose of this review.

B) MUSICIANSHIP - 1: Simple Reggaeton beat. No imagination or creativity at all.

C) VOCALS - 1: Simply awful. In fact, it sounds like the vocals were recorded with a COMPUTER microphone.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS - 1: The name of the title of the song is "I Can't Tell", however I CAN'T TELL what this song is about.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: 4 minutes and 42 seconds of MY LIFE I can never get back. Some people should not be allowed to have access to studio equipment.

Quick question? Can Black Alex even repeat that verse or whatever he just did again? Wyclef needs to be a LEASH on Alex.

Last edited by DJ Kreyol on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Evie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am sorry but I cannot hold it any longer.....

@Choubenz Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Thank you for making tears come out my eyes!!!!

Pat, please forgive me Laughing !!!!

Last edited by Evie on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL-2-3 Im not sure with this one. I can see it becoming a good club banger. It definitely has potential. Decent commercial track. But man, this singer needs to take it down a few notches because I can see track being a club banger but his voice… YIKES. I know he was sucking down a couple of HALL drops after recording this track.

B) MUSICIANSHIP-.. I dont think I can answer that..

C) VOCALS-2 I could not give this singer more than a 2. I know his throat was on FIYA after this track. Why are you straining so much. Take it down a few notches, Partne. You over did it BIG TIME and its actually a turn off… but if you had tone it down, the delivery would have been a lot more clean and smooth.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS-3 Decent.. Played it safe overall.. but personally, the lyrics are weak to me. but I can't front, I was wining my waistline to FAFAN's part that starts at 1:47.. then the voice comes back.. yikes! Honestly.. I think Black FaFane should have delivered this song from start to finish. I like his style.. & flow..

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: I agree with Evie on this one. They actually have potential. Something different.. Something to get the crowd jammin’ to a different tune.. but that voice is just too over the top for my ears. Maybe the next person can digest it better. I know I can’t.
Im soo feeling FAFAN on this track. Ya'll should've passed him the mic.. Laughing

(Sorry had to return to edit musicianship.. I left it blank.. I dont know)

Last edited by PlusHfully Yours on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ.. LMAO! I seriously think the LEAD SINGER is the person who killed this track. Im on my third listen and I blame him for fumbling on this track. That wasn't good at all... and I also think the people who actually agreed to releasing this track with that vocal delivery should be FIRED.

I don't think Black Alex has a purpose on this track..

My highlight of the track was BLACK FANFAN.... I absolutely love his part.. but its not enough to get that song to where they want it to be. I say REDO and let FANFAN take this track to himself. I think he would have delivered this song real well..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: