KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*DJAKOUT'S NEW SINGLE "BRI SAPAT": CLICK TO LISTEN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vèkèlè...Djakout # 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bagay sa se pa de lobey li pral fe ayiti.. Once again Djakout has spoken out loud for the Haitian people...

Pat I bet you sa se yon HITTTTTTTTTTTT li ye anko..

Moun mele nan festival.... Ret tann pou n' we...

Roberto komanse voye moun vin pale pou li...
Berto wayan.. Ou pa ka manyen yon plume sou dos Djazzz peyi.. Al kriye nan mouchoire tande bro,....

Jacmel Sursum Corda...

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A couple of things I want to make CLEAR

1) NO INTIMIDATING OF MEMBERS if they like or don't like the song.

2) If you are giving a review of the song give it...but no need to write 4, 5, 6 DIFFERENT POSTS where you are just adding one liners or REHASHING what you said before.

IT IS OK TO ENGAGE IN A DEBATE with one or more members about the song.

KM!

Wisy-Wisy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GADON FORMULE MEZANMI

MWEN PAP MENM PALE DE MESSAGE, ME SAK RELE DJAZZ PEYI A

MWEN PAP MENM PALE DE MUSIC AK GROOV, ZOREY NOU VA BAY NOU

MWEN SANTI MWEN TA RELE ANMWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MESI DJAKOUT, MESI KM

vèkèlè...Djakout # 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

M' ta renmen Km members yo tande Mamane kap jwe bass nan mizik sa..

Le fini anko T-Pouch byen depoze nan mizik la... Ti bagay raboday misye a entrainant.. L'ap mache tres tres bien live..

T-Regi li menm se respekte neg sa...
Se ti bagay entrainant sa yo peuple ayisyen an ap chache.. I bet you guys nou we pou summer sa mizik sa pral bat moun tout kote..En conclusion T-Vice ou nan cho anko papa...
Jacmel Sursum COrda..

Last edited by vèkèlè...Djakout # 1 on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total

Evie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At 3:00AM this song is just an OK in my book Exclamation I am also not really feeling the part where Shabba sings....but then again it is now 3:04am(after listening to this song thirty times, I may change my mind once I am fully awake Laughing Laughing )!!!

I can state this though....
This is the third "Klorox" song that I have heard here on KM and I think this song has topped all the others Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool though right now it is not on any high scores in my list (until I get some good sleep Laughing )!!!
At the same time, I think that it may sound better once sung LIVE Exclamation

Last edited by Evie on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:46 am; edited 2 times in total

HIPchick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The drawbacks of faulty electricity (even the generator gets shocked from time to time): this thing is taking forever to upload Crying or Very sad

HIPchick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing Only Djakout could have me "sekwe kòm sou kabann la" while their speaking against hunger, lol. I have to say too that I pleasantly surprised because I assumed that with the name BRI SAPAT, this song was just going to be a funny/pa serye song full of grooves but not so many lyrics so I wanted to say that I'm happy that they proved me wrong. GREAT JOB DJAKOUT (sorry Pat, I edited the post to add the sentences in red so I didn't have to write another post. Hope that's ok)

Ok, seriously:

Intro: me no likey, not necessary cause I think ppl would've understood what they meant by bri sapat via the lyrics anyway

I like the fact that they have actual lyrics, chorals and different segments in the song to break it up a little. Unlike many, I think that this is a bit of something new for Djakout. It does have grooves, Shabba's infectuous rap singing, but there's somthing different, here are some notes:

-Pri manje pral bese...1:14: Nice feel, classic Pouchon
-Ala yon tray map pase part: softer sound for Djakout, me likey
-2:14... woooooy, this is where you start dancing without realizing it
Laughing
- M **** kite lakay BLANCH: pèp la pran profite chante ak djazz la nan pati sa a
- "Shabba nap tann" : not necessary however I like the nananana line. the rest of his part is ok, but the nanananana is what I like
- I don't like the "Limyè rouj, etenn"part and feel it's a little too extra
- [b]5:36 [/b]GROOOOOOOOOOOOOVES, as with each part after it says rara Lage (although I agree with the poster- can't remember who sorry- who said that they should've left "Rara lage" out) men ti grouv apre yo fin di rara lage a pa negosyab menm, my favorite part of the song

Overall: A good song for Djakout to come out with to keep its fans yet draw back some of the pp it lost that weren't happy with the Jistis album. It is not a great song, but it is catchy, timely in its subject manner and has more than enough slogans and grooves to keep the crowd entertained: certified summer hit! that will do damage at the festival
SORRY IF THERE ARE ANY TYPOS BUT IT'S 2:45am

konpa rockers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HIPchick wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Only Djakout could have me "sekwe kòm sou kabann la" while their speaking against hunger, lol. I have to say too that I pleasantly surprised because I assumed that with the name BRI SAPAT, this song was just going to be a funny/pa serye song full of grooves but not so many lyrics so I wanted to say that I'm happy that they proved me wrong. GREAT JOB DJAKOUT (sorry Pat, I edited the post to add the sentences in red so I didn't have to write another post. Hope that's ok)

Ok, seriously:

Intro: me no likey, not necessary cause I think ppl would've understood what they meant by bri sapat via the lyrics anyway

I like the fact that they have actual lyrics, chorals and different segments in the song to break it up a little. Unlike many, I think that this is a bit of something new for Djakout. It does have grooves, Shabba's infectuous rap singing, but there's somthing different, here are some notes:

Laughing
- M s*%$ kite lakay BLANCH: pèp la pran profite chante ak djazz la nan pati sa a
- "Shabba nap tann" : not necessary however I like the nananana line. the rest of his part is ok, but the nanananana is what I like
- [b]5:36 [/b]GROOOOOOOOOOOOOVES, as with each part after it says rara Lage (although I agree with the poster- can't remember who sorry- who said that they should've left "Rara lage" out) men ti grouv apre yo fin di rara lage a pa negosyab menm, my favorite part of the song

Overall: A good song for Djakout to come out with to keep its fans yet draw back some of the pp it lost that weren't happy with the Jistis album. It is not a great song, but it is catchy, timely in its subject manner and has more than enough slogans and grooves to keep the crowd entertained: certified summer hit! that will do damage at the festival

NICE BREAKDOWN... HIPchick... Cool Cool
I listened to the song over 10 times already....
nice song... but not great....
I don't like the intro at all...
it reminds me of KANAVAL.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

johnd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mezanmi, bon bagay, message nan chante a bel, epi once again Shabba byen depoze. Pat te di pati groove li tande a te bon e li pat bay manti. Anmwey mwen paka tann pou mal tande "bri sapat" pou summer an Ayiti. Djakout kimbe la, bel travay mesyeu.

HIPchick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpa rockers wrote:
HIPchick wrote:

Ok, seriously:

Laughing
- M s*%$ kite lakay BLANCH: pèp la pran profite chante ak djazz la nan pati sa a

NICE BREAKDOWN... HIPchick... Cool Cool
I listened to the song over 10 times already....
nice song... but not great....
I don't like the intro at all...
it reminds me of KANAVAL.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Thanks Konpa rockers. I agree that the intro was unecessary Rolling Eyes , but this tune is just what I needed this summer Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 2 of 27

Jump to: