Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - KREZI MIZIK ANNIVERSARY PARTY AT RITZ KINAM!!!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

KREZI MIZIK ANNIVERSARY PARTY AT RITZ KINAM!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhizUniq

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: KREZI MIZIK ANNIVERSARY PARTY AT RITZ KINAM!!! Reply with quote Back to top

On saturday night, Krezi Mizik had their 1st year anniversary celebration at Ritz Kinam II in Petion-Ville, Haiti. Manzè (Boukman Eksperyans), Sandra (Jah Nesta), Ti Phane, Mélodie Benjamin (Mika's sister), Mamina, Nia (Zin) and Nadeige Tippenhaeur were the female guest artists, all backed up by Krezi.

The show was supposed to start at 9pm. It was about 10:30, they were still doing sound check. It rained earlier in the afternoon, so that might be a reason for the tardiness. The band finally started around 11:15. The musicians of Krezi Mizik were presented to the public one by one. From the reaction of the ladies, screaming and going crazy, it seems like Roosevelt is the "chouchou" of Krezi.

Manzè kicked off the night with Boukman's song "Imamou Lele". It was a good start because the public was enjoying it especially with Serge on the congas... Impressive! At the middle of the song, Delices dropped a groove... "Wouhhhh!" The first part of the show was reserved to the guest artists. So after Manzè, Ti Phane, Sandra and Mélodie (who sang Emeline Michel's "Beni Yo") followed. Then the gorgeous Nia brought it to another level with her amazing animation while singing "Tounen" of Zin... if I'm not mistaken. She was well received by the public. Nadeige Tippenhaeur continued with "Hotel California". I don't know her but she did very good. I really like her voice. It was so nice to hear how Krezi was playing that song. Delices (once again!) played a rock kind of guitar solo along with Mika Benjamin as 2nd guitarist. I looked around me and saw some people eyes-closed singing "Welcome to the Hotel California..." It was awesome! Mamina, who arrived late, sang her zouk song "Excès de love" and played the sax too. The female artists did pretty good. Mélodie even freestyled a little bit with her brother Mika.

Before the 2nd part of the show, Roro and Mamane of Djakout Mizik came on stage to greet the musicians of Krezi. Roro presented Krezi with a plaque of honor at the occasion of their anniversary and had a few words of encouragement for them. A few jokes from David on Roro, "Se leu ou dèyè batri a, ou pale anpil, kou w' devan moun yo, ou paka pale." Laughing David also said that he owed a lot to Mamane who really helped him in his career.

Krezi Mizik came back on stage and played "Plezi Gaye", "Dèyè Lakay", "I'm Sorry", their carnival song (gagann fè djaz la kanpe kanaval la Laughing), etc. Everytime Roosevelt sang, the ladies went nuts. The song selection was interesting. After 1 or 2 uptempo songs, they slowed it down... a Bob Marley song, that song called "Jerusalem" (very soulful), Konpa love, freestyles by Mika, Black Alex (funny as hell! Laughing), Full Bass and Bélo. It worked very well. It seems like Krezi's interpretation of "Moun Damou" is a crowd favorite because people kept requesting it. But Mika and David were teasing them... "Yo konnen!" (another slogan of the band) until they finally played it. Shabba of Djakout also joined Krezi for "Biznis Pam/Loue Kris La". He was on fire with the crowd.

Krezi previewed 2 upcoming songs. "Pa Tcheke Krezi"... Si w' pa kwè nan Krezi, si w' pa kwè djaz la ka jwe konpa, si w' pa kwè Krezi ka rive lwen, eben li trè simple, jus Pa Tcheke Krezi! Very Happy The other one is a slow tempo song with a pretty catchy line... "They say that I'm krezi, I just don't give a damn baby". I even heard a few peeps saying "Ahh sa bon wi!". They announced the album for July.

Delices was having fun grooving it with his guitar... He's amazing! Laid-back Ti Bass had a strong presence musically. Roosevelt and Serge formed the solid "ban dèyè". Maestro David, as we know him, the perfectionist! Mika did well animating, singing and playing the 2nd guitar at times. The sound was perfect and heavy... Big up to engineer Janjan! Krezi Mizik is a tight band loaded with talented and versatile musicians. They played and switched to any style of music easily and pretty well. Great performance!

It was such a pleasant and festive ambiance. The band got the crowd going, on their feet the whole night, dancing, pumping, singing. It was a great celebration with balloons, confettis, color lights, fireworks, and music.... Krezi party!!! I left around 4am like many, but Krezi was still playing. I had a lot of fun and was Krezi-ly satisfied with the band. I'm definitely and patiently waiting for their album. Happy anniversary again and congrats to everyone involved!

Epi Pa Tcheke Krezi... Yo Konnen!!! Cool Very Happy

Last edited by PhizUniq on Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total

JenJen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice review. Sounds like it was a very interesting and good time. I'm looking forward to seeing them perform live one of these days. Thanks for sharing.

PhizUniq wrote:

Quote:
I left around 4pm like many, but Krezi was still playing.

Surprised They were really partying.

JenJen

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PHIZUNIQ...mesi ampil for the detail review. I can't wait to see KREZI here in TAMPA.

Enben, Si Yo Poko Konnen...Yo Pa KREZI, yo FOU.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bONDJE KI FE MWEN LEVE GRANM MATIN AN POU WEN VIN LI NEWS SAAA. I'm going to have a agood day paske jazz mwen ap vyen mate.

Can't wait for the 1 of july.

rika

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JenJen wrote:
Very nice review. Sounds like it was a very interesting and good time. I'm looking forward to seeing them perform live one of these days. Thanks for sharing.

PhizUniq wrote:

Quote:
I left around 4pm like many, but Krezi was still playing.

Surprised They were really partying.

se Ayiti chéri!! Wink

Antoot-k Phiz mesi ampil pou review an..bel fet net..Im so happy for them..I cant wait to hear them and for the album!!

SERE KOSE'W..PA PALÉ!!!!

Sanrick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Phiz se comme ci mwen te nan fete la tou man, very good review man.

Thanks and Happy Anniversary to Krezi!

PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PHIZ! I've been patiently waiting for your review. (Thank You!) I wanted to hear an outsider's view of the party and I guess my first source was right. Krezi depoze! Thats great to hear! Glad you enjoyed yourself and glad that the public enjoyed themselves as well!!

Tilouj

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice review Phiz.

DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Krezi sa hmmm. They will explode like a hurricane. Thanks Phiz for the superlative review.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh l`eternel !!!!!!!!!!

Gadon fet mwen manke siengeur......Phizzzzz ou te jwen wi la.....Thx for the great review....Bon Bagay......

Krezi keep it up the good work ok.....epi si yon moun pa kw enan djazz la....Si yon moun pense ke djazz la pap rive....c`est simple....PA TCHEKE KREZI Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: