KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

TI REGI. G.KEBREAU.MANNO OBAS: BEST/WORST HMI MOMENT!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: TI REGI. G.KEBREAU.MANNO OBAS: BEST/WORST HMI MOMENT! Reply with quote Back to top

In our ASK THE HMI STARS segment, we asked TI REGI, GERALD KEBREAU, and MANNO OBAS what their BEST and WORST experiences are SO FAR as a member of the HMI community as a musician. This is what each one of them told me.

*TI REGI: "MY BEST EXPERIENCE ever so far was when during one of the Haitian Compas Festivals in Miami during the "LA FAMILIA" period, DJAKOUT basically just came on stage for ONLY 3 MINUTES, and we proceeded to drive the crowd crazy. NOU KRAZE ANBA NAN 3 MINUTE SEULEMENT. After that everybody said that DJAKOUT was the best act that year at the festival. 3 MINUTES."

"MY WORST EXPERIENCE ever so far was when DJAKOUT took a van from NEW YORK to BOSTON during a snow storm, we got to Boston after a long drive, only NOT to be able to play because of an electrical problem at the club. Then we had to get right back in the van to go back to New York, another long hard drive, to rush and catch the plane in New York going to Haiti. That was a tough one that I still remember today."

GERALD KEBREAU: "My best moment(s) were Carnaval 2002 after T-Vice litterally tore Champs de Mars apart with "Helicopter". We single handedly raised the performance expectation in Carnaval performance. Of course I will never forget our performance in May 2004 at the concert we played in Zenith (Paris, France). It was special because the place had about 10,000 people (from what the promoters said it felt like more...), of which less than 15% accounted for haitians. So we knew that our music was crossing boarders which is great."

"I think that my worst moment in HMI was in 1999 at a party we played in in For Lauderdale where after the police shut don te party because it was too crowded, people got upset and started fighting and throwing bottles. I eventually cought one in my lower back that landed me in th hospital."

MANNO OBAS: "My BEST MOMENT was when MIZIK MIZIK was playing at HENFRAZA in Haiti with System Band. During the song "WEBER", when the part where I say "LETERNEL" came up, the whole band AND THE WHOLE CROWD actually KNEELED (METE YO A GENOU). That was extremely special.

"MY WORST MOMENT occurred with ZENGLEN during 2 performances with GRACIA DELVA, where things were not handled properly. That's all that I want to say on that."

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

belfam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh i like what i am reading Pat thanks Laughing
and thanks to the guys also for giving
you the info keep them coming Wink

D K Bess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nan mové expérience MANNO yo...
Gin youn ladan yo ki té passé KAFOU...

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BELFANM

I think these are actually good to read. These types of info are PRICELESS.

KM!

belfam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

very priceless Pat and i want more Laughing
especially from the legends do your best
to get them. One can learn a lot about
the artists.
Come on guys the fans are waiting Arrow

Rj production

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i know obas that was a crazy moment good old time

paysan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:
i know obas that was a crazy moment good old time

What happened with Zenglen (Gracia Delva) and Manno?

Clifton

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

M sonje pati Manno a Laughing wi sa pat bon menm m pat renmen sa menm Cool It was in Haiti at this time but that could not break down Manno...

Angel_Smile1982

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm surprised Ti regi didn’t talk about the shooting Djackout experienced in 2006.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: