KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*PICTURES + NOTES: HANGOUT AT SOBS (MAY 2ND - 2008)!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> PARTY PICTURES/PHOTO GALLERY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: *PICTURES + NOTES: HANGOUT AT SOBS (MAY 2ND - 2008)! Reply with quote Back to top

*NOTES!

1) First and foremost, I have to tell you that THE BAND SIMPLY ROCKS! They play a really intoxicating LIVE BRAND OF COMPAS, it had the people that were in attendance in a trance. ONE OF THE TIGHEST BANDS RIGHT NOW in terms of their LIVE playing. I AM A FAN OF THEIR LIVE SETUP...BIG TIME!

2) The Attendance was NON-EXISTENT. The people simply did NOT come out for HANGOUT/BIZI last night.

3) MACKENSON is FIRE. Even though there were some hints of EL POZO in "some" of his guitar riffs, THE MAN IS A SHOWSTOPPER. I believe HANGOUT should EXPLOIT him more by bringing him out more to the front of the band like they did last night. SPOTLIGHT MACKENSON ANPIL...It will be good for the band.

4) MEI MEI gave a courageous show. SHE HAD TO TONE IT DOWN because of her pregnancy, but she still came through, even though I feel that her fans, as well as those that saw her for the first time (Like KM Member CHOUBENZ) did NOT get the REAL MEI MEI, and THE REAL MEI MEI would erase the one that performed last night with one snap of the fingers.

5) FRERO MADE ME MORE OF A BELIEVER. I always believed in his talent on the stage to sing and to animate, but in ZENGLEN, he had Reginald Cange with him. However, I can tell you, HE HAS THE TOOLS AND ABILITY to lead the band. HE GAVE A SUPERB SHOW last night. He is like an ENERGIZER BUNNY up there, and has the gab to keep the show flowing without you losing interest or getting bored.

One thing that he said last night was ever since he's been with HANGOUT "POCH MWEN PLIN". He says that his bills are PAID ON TIME. He is able to relax more. I was not sure if he was saying that FOR REAL, or if it was simply an INTRO TO "JERE LELE'M" which talks about that same scenario.

6) ZAGALO ON THE GONG...NO ONE CAN TOUCH HIM. Point bar. ZAGALO makes the gong scream and sound in places where I simply have NOT seen anyone do it. ZAGALO IS AWESOME ON THE GONG. THE GONG MASTER OF THE HMI.

7) WILSON did a great job last night on the drums to the point that CHOUBENZ told me that Wilson had made a lot of improvement on the instrument. SE PA MWEN KI DI SA NON WILSON.

Cool FRED HILAIRE's microphone was so low, I could not hear him as well as I did the last two times that he played with Hangout. Also, I believe the addition of Zagalo has cut down on his role as crowd animator/hype man.

ZAGALO had a list that he came from Haiti with claims the band in which they say OU PAKA GASON POU AP....SOUSSER CUISSE POUL...or OU PAKA GASSON POU AP SOUSSER PIWOULI.

All in all, I had a great time, along with the small amount of people that were there. We hope that NEXT TIME SOBS invites HANGOUT, the turnout will be better, or perhaps they will team them up with an established band. (No knock on Bizi whose shoew I did not get there in time to see). I say ZENGLEN/HANGOUT NEXT TIME at SOBS.

PS: HMI personalities that were in the huse SEEING THE SHOW...RICHARD URBAIN of Venus (Kreyol La rep/Party Promoter/Santo Domingo Festival) and JEAN DOMINIC (Former ALEZ manager)

Here are the pictures of HANGOUT at SOBS from (MAY 2ND- 2008)

Last edited by kompamagazine on Sat May 03, 2008 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

labellekira

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW..
THANKS FOR THE REVIEWS N PICS

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Pat for the review and the pictures. That's too bad for Hangout cause even if mwen toujou nan dada, they can play and I like them. I agree with the Hangout/Zenglen at Sob's.

MeiMei's dazzling but she also look tired Sad

lola1804

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for sharing

bella_mafia1

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

poor girl !!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad [/img]

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KM Members that were in the house were RICKY, CHOUBENZ, JIMBO, and KENSY. It was good seeing y'all.

KM!

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmphhhhhhhhhhhh

foto sa pa bon pou mwen mi'm.... .enfin..thanks maybe choubenz te jwen vre' mwen pako la mi'm

Sak passe la Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes yeah shut it down for now pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tripplej19

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always say that I don't know why hangout can't get more exposure like other bands, they are simply on fire with their live performance, good groves , good animation with a good singer and everything... I am a big fan of them and I really enjoy their live performance. Good to know they did a good job last night!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TRIPPLE J

I am telling you, the way that they played last night.....I WAS VERY IMPRESSED. They are tight. I am NOT sure if CHOUBENZ, RICKY, and JIMBO feel the same way as me, since they were also there. We'll see if they have anything to say. One thing though, CHOUBENZ is absolutly NOT a fan of FRERO's.

YANVALOO....What is it in the MEI MEI picture that you see, that is making YOU uncomfortable?

KM!

rorothebest

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thx Pat for sharing.

Si NULOOK n'existait pas,il fallait l'inventer.

Pa suiv NULOOK,jazz la jouinn kob monnin sou dlo.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> PARTY PICTURES/PHOTO GALLERY All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: