KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHEN DO YOU LISTEN TO HAITIAN MUSIC THE MOST & WHY?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KARAMEL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As for moi... All the above... J'ai une telle passion pour la musique Haitienne Very Happy

One Luv,

Kara

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the car - si se pa konpa kap jwe, it has to be something that can keep me entertained and interested; and there aren't a whole lot that can do that. But konpa does that for me day in- day out!

When I'm down, it depends. I may not be in the mood for konpa. When I'm cleaning - I'll listen to some konpa too. For a bal - maybe, maybe not. But overall, konpa is the music I listen to the most.

Ti Boxer

Sanrick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All of the above. I would it's simply b/c konpa is in my blood.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who?, isn't it funny that people confuse kompa with raggae? Those are ttwo different rhythms I think. I can see other latin music but Raggae?

Anyway, I listen to kompa all day everyday, unless I am watching tv or in class. Other than that I am playing kompa. At school I always have a cd player in my head and kompa toujou ap tombe.

Le m'ap clean menm se pa pale. I am always listening to kompa or some sort of haitian music.

THE ONLY TIMES I'M NOT LISTENING TO KOMPA IS DURING BETWEEN FRIDAY SATURDAY NIGHT AND WHEN I'M SAD: THEN I'LL LISTEN TO GOSPEL,JAZZ OR NEO-SOUL

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All of the above and somehow it makes me feel closer to Haiti in some way, that may sound weird but some songs when I hear then I feel I am suddenly transported to the motherland and a great memory in my past, like a festival in Kaliko Beach or eating kibby at Harry's at 1am or going to Cavaillon/Aux Cayes with my mom or just hanging out with my pals in Champs de Mars.

JMPerry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would have to say specially when I am at work and in the car. At work, I throw on the headphones and just work the day away. It helps me tune out all the chaos at work. In the car also keeps me chillin and not stressing about traffic. But not a day goes by where I don't listen to some Konpa.

JMPerry
KePy Records, Inc.
"Raising the Standard"

tanalex

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

definitely in my car !! mété gros volume !! Wink

Tilouj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: WHEN DO YOU LISTEN TO HAITIAN MUSIC THE MOST & WHY? Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
When do you listen to music THE MOST & why?

When you feel down?
When you want to get away from it all?
When you are getting yourself psyched for a bal?
When you are in the car?
When you clean the house?

WHY?

KM!

Pat, you forgot one when you are at the job?

I listen to konpa all the time, even at my job. The reason is it makes the tasks or day fly quickly.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All the above for me !!! mwen pa ka fonctioner san musik...Tout sa map fe....fok gin musik Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I guess it's because je suis une passionnee Wink

Gromosso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MOnche Pat, Compas is all I listen to. At home it's a mixture of studio and bals. In the car, strickly bal unless I just bought a studio cd and I'm listenning to it for the first time.

Banm Compas'm epi that's it!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: