KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHEN DO YOU LISTEN TO HAITIAN MUSIC THE MOST & WHY?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: WHEN DO YOU LISTEN TO HAITIAN MUSIC THE MOST & WHY? Reply with quote Back to top

When do you listen to music THE MOST & why?

When you feel down?
When you want to get away from it all?
When you are getting yourself psyched for a bal?
When you are in the car?
When you clean the house?

WHY?

KM!

lana4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bien sûr tout dépendra du morceau !

When you feel down? YES (soit pour reprendre du poil de la bĂȘte ! soit pour aider Ă  attendre que le coup de blues passe !)

When you are in the car? YES (surtout pour écouter, découvrir de nouveaux albums)

When you clean the house ? YES (at that time I dance, sing)

And also :
- just b4 sleeping : sweet ones (4 sweet dreams lol)
- at work : instrumentaux (pour rester zen ! lol)

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All of the above , seem like i play music 24/7 the mood dicted what i listen too. but to answer the question it's when i'm home cleaning or doing whatever i get home and Music is on doesn't matter what i'm doing.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cici

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All of the above...

I dont know why, but the rhythms move my spirit and get me into a good mood!!!

haitianqueen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All of the above, Haitian music is easier to relate to.
Especially in the car.

Machiavel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At work, I have hundred of MP3 files in my PC. Most of the time, I spend a great deal of my time explaining to people that I am not listening to reggae but kompa.
In the car, there are usually three kompa CDs in my CD changer, and, of course, at home.

JenJen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I listen to Haitian music the most in my car. I don't listen to the radio much anymore in the home. I don't listen to the radio much in the car either. 99% of the time I listen to Konpa. I just don't have the interest in American radio/music as I used to.

JenJen

chenette

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I listen to Haitian music at work, when i am cooking/cleaning, and when i am in the shower.
I am not sure why, i guess there is something about haitian music that makes cleaning and cooking less tiring, that makes my days at work short and my shower more relaxing.

Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: WHEN DO YOU LISTEN TO HAITIAN MUSIC THE MOST & WHY? Reply with quote Back to top

When you feel down? Oui
When you want to get away from it all? Oui
When you are getting yourself psyched for a bal? Ouiiiiiiiiiiiiii Cool
When you are in the car? Sad No car for Sweet but in Metros and RER Yes
When you clean the house? Yes and I don't know why but a lots of Tabou Combo when I'm cleaning it

Eve971

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: WHEN DO YOU LISTEN TO HAITIAN MUSIC THE MOST & WHY? Reply with quote Back to top

Music rythms every single moment of my life since my childhood. It can be Haitian music or not, but I need music in my life, it's in my blood. It's like a little drug to take me higher or to help me to concentrate on something in particular.
Of course, there are some I associate to special and very nice and sweet moments and people.
Since a few years, I listen to Haitian music more often than my Lenny Kravitz, Duke Ellington, Ela Fitzgerald, Barry White, Caetano Veloso, etc, cause Haitian music has taken such an important part in my life and speaks to me so much that it's the best which corresponds better to my way of life, the way I am and the way I think (for some old classics).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: