KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HARMONICK/NICKENSON DEBUT SINGLE "JERE'M": LISTEN!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mac D's delivery is on point...
trop keys, manque de kod....
average song...too soft for my taste..
petet leu'm tande'l plus mwen ka vinn abitue avek li but li poko fe anyen pou mwen...

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
petet leu'm tande'l plus mwen ka vinn abitue avek li but li poko fe anyen pou mwen.

Jay honestly all three guys did a great job on the singing part, my only problem with the song is that not enough lyrics and the chorus is not catchy enough its a very nice song but could be better coming from Nick

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ILandfaces wrote:
Quote:
petet leu'm tande'l plus mwen ka vinn abitue avek li but li poko fe anyen pou mwen.

Jay honestly all three guys did a great job on the singing part, my only problem with the song is that not enough lyrics and the chorus is not catchy enough its a very nice song but could be better coming from Nick

glad to hear your honest opinion... Wink Wink

DJ VAL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

very nice song nothing to go crazy about, sounds like something you will find on djazz la albums.

i wanna hear a up tempo kompa song from them before i could even judge them

Haitien

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not bad at all. Mac D delivered big time on the vocals. This guy has a bright future ahead.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
yef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radiocitadelle2006 wrote:
I don't think Nicky can make 2 other hits like Zanmi/Deception...
I don't like this song.....".jerem"

Citadelle, Shocked Shocked
Nicky will make a believer of out you Very Happy Very Happy

Quote:

Jay B, Se le wal sou dans floor la ak yon bel fanm, pou ou vin testifye de mizik sa a. Al bay yo jerew avan Laughing Laughing

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see the reaction so far. Some members love it, some don't.
Let's wait and see how it plays out.

AN NOU SUIV TOUJOU!

KM!

Astro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The intro was really dope and grandiose, the vocals are pretty smooth. Overall it was nothing really new, but it was typical signature Nicky. It's what you would expect. Not bad, but not great. It's a safe cookie cutter track.

They have the right ingredients, just need to cook it up and spice it up some more.

Hope to hear more from them.

Playzee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a great piece of music. It's not uptempo like some other Haitian cuts. But it shows that the guys are versitle and they are catering to all creole speaking persons who not only enjoy Haitian music, but enjoy great music. Speaking as a non Haitian individual, we see that same problem in many of our bals or parties if you prefer. To look at the scene right now, one would think that we Caribbean people no longer enjoy romance. A piece like that makes you want step out with your special someone and it leaves you no choice when you are in a party but to approach that hottie who took your breath away from the moment you laid eyes on him or her. I like the overall tone of the music and I see this doing very well in our creole neck of the woods. Martinque, Guadoloupe, Dominica and St. Lucia just to mention a few. Now I am off to have a dance with that Haitian hottie!

kompared

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This song is not the average compas direct song. The vocals arrangement are out of the ordinary.
This is a nice piece of work..!! Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: