KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHAT'S A TYPICAL HAITAIN MAN.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gason haitian yo gen defo oui vre mezanmi.

take my dad for example:

li di li te marye,epi li gen yon gro jen fanm tankou'm, poukisa pou li apran fe manje.

Le papa'm pral rantre, fok tout moun degaje yo fe kay la klere paske otherwise, l'ap pale pou jist demain matin.

iF HE IS THE ONE TO CLEAN IT L'AP PALE FOR TWO DAYS .

le'l vin sot travay fok li jwen yon moun retire soulye'l.

Someone has to take out his food.

Li pa konn kote anyen ye, not even his own stuff. have to wake up my mom in the middle of hte night for everything.

Le nou pral legliz, fok yon moun fe bab li, yon moun pase rad li, yon moun penyen tet li, yon moun met soulye nan pye li.

Depi li peye bill, l'achete rad met sou ou, li met manje nan bouch ou, what else can you ask of him? his done his duties.

fanm, this man really think il estl e roi de son royaume oui.

papa'm gen 23 ans aux etats-unis et li pa janm konn sa yo rele manje fast food.

If you needed something you got to tell him at the beginning of the month, otherwise li pa nan budget'l, unless it's for school.

he swears if my mon dies l'ap marye ak yon lot nasyon. Li fini ak fanm haitienne. What other nasyon can deal ak defo papa'm?

But I guess my dad stands out in the sense that he has no outside kids. People are always shocked that all five of us are from the same woman.

My dad still hails her husband to be the best one a woman can ask for. I still hail him to be the best father one could ask for.

he even made me and my sister a little song. It's only two lines and sound corny as hell but it's sweet.

"what a beautiful liline, what a beautiful liline.
this has got to be my liline"

My name is starline, so liline is my nickname

Last edited by SIROMYEL on Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

CatDog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kafou wrote:
CATDOG;

Quote:
Reine Diana I had the pleasure to participate in a very "educational" conversation at a party about what guys are looking for in a mate, believe me girl that is where I learned about the nurse thing.

I'm not a nurse. And even if I was, boy yo pa tap sis.

cheri si'w ta Nurse cheri se nan Advantage ou minm, Gason avek Famille ke ou tap kreye ya cheri. sa vle di ta ginyin moins coeur soter pou yon ti mal o tet.

CatDog; is it ok for the Ladies to search for their Docteurs, Lawyers etc..

Is it ok for the ladies to have and idea' of the Haitin man they are looking for.

Well since were they rules for women and not for men.

I've seen it on both ends were both parties are looking for the common denominator, and that's INTEREST.

Kafou ,

In every rule there is exception and that is not what we're talking about here. We are talking about the majority here.
I'm okay with people having an ideal of the man or woman they are looking for. But the thing is you cannot give material possession priority on what you are looking for in a mate. That should be last on the list.

Machiavel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately, Dad is stuck in his ways. Part of it is cultural where most Caribbean feel some form of entitlement. He will probably never see the errors of his ways.

kafou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Syromiel;

PAPA'w se yon Role model li sipoze ye, kertttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. gadon tonton. i Envy him, eske mwin pa fe konesans avek li, pou li ka banm secret ya.

se avek personaj sa yo pou'm Hangout.

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! kafou, papa'm sou yon lot niveau vre oui. Fo'w ta leve bone. I love him to death.

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DANM GADE ON PAPA...... Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing

WOW.....

WHAT ABOUT SE LES FETES SEULEMENT....( MOTHER'S DAY...BIRTHDAYS) YO KONNIN POU YO BAY MADAME YO FLEURES......ON TI LOVELY CARD....OR SE LES YO YAP FAIS SEX YO DIT I LOVE YOU....MENTI NON....CHOUCHOUNE NAN OUI KAP FAIS YO DEPALE......A LA HISTOIRE AP PAPICHOULO NOUS YO..... Mr. Green

THIRD......WHAT ABOUT SPENDING TIME AK TI PITITE YO...PASSE MAIN NAN TETE TI PITITE YO POU YO DIT TI PITITE...I LOVE YOU...... Laughing

MIN NOUS DI MONSIEUR......

Haitianone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kafou

Mwen daccord avec ou sou dossier sa.

A man needs to feel like a king in his household. It is something that is in our genes. For a woman, to wake up in the morning to make sure her man is well maintain or keeps the house clean when her man comes home, what is wrong with that?????

Too me, the woman is showing loyalty to her man. Frankly, I am not tolerating no woman who can't cook or clean. On top of that ask me to make meals. IF a woman treats me like thee way old-time Haitian woman do she got my loyalty. I am for real on that point otherwise I got you no business being around you. I ain't down eating take-out every night, if that is the case might as well be single.

Frankly, since a Haitian man raise my butt and did a hell of job given his limited means, I ain't about to start dissing because of they expect from their women. Frankly, if women acted like that divorces would be cut by at least 50%.

Enfin

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HAITAIONE ITS BECAUSE NOW PIFO GRIN GE FANM OUVERT.......

Most if not all OLD COUPLE IE OUR PARENTS WERE NOT HAPPY IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP....THEY PUT UP WITH A LOT OF CRAPS......NOW ITS DIFFERENT....I AM NOT AN ADVOCATE for the breakdown of the family institution but I DO STRONGLY BELEIVE IF U ARE MISERABLE IN ANY MARRIAGE......GET THE HELL OUT.........LIFE IS TOO SHORT.........

LIKE A GREAT KABBALIST SAID.........U GET MARRIED WITH THE INTENT TO NEVER GET DIVORCE....BUT YOU SHOULD BE READY TO WALK AWAY AT ANY TIME AS WELL......VERY INTERESTING Laughing

Raymi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly I don' think it's fair to take all haitian men and generalize them this way.
We are the product of our environment. If a young boy grows up and in his household, The women take care of the the housework, while the men are waited on hands and foot, it's pragmatic that he will carry these expectations of how a woman should be when he becomes a man and enters into a relationship.
My best friend has this theory that he does not eat leftovers and because of this he's always at odds with his significant other. But in his household growing up, this is what he was used to.
On the contrary, growing with my mom, while my Dad was in the US, she had me ironing my clothes and watching her in the kitchen at just 6 years old. I used to be digusted by all of this because there were people in the house hired to do these chores and none of my friends had to do it.

Because of this, now as man, I could care less if a woman wants to iron for me or cook for me because I can do it for myself.
There are a bunch of haitian guys that I know that don't operate under the theory that the women must do all.
So I think, you ladies have to be careful not to throw all haitian men in the same basket.
And I would also say that there is nothing wrong with the Guys who require that their women know how to cook and clean. We all have preferences of what will make us happy in our lives, and if a guy insists on getting a woman who can cook and clean, and he can find her, more power to him.

Much love
Raymi.

ReineDiana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kafou wrote:
Reine Diana;

sa sa fe si yo ap chercher Nurse deyo a cheri, jan nou minm fanm Haitien la plus part nan nou rinmin chercher Docteurrrrrrrrrrrrr, Lawyer nou kon sa ke mwin ap di ya.

The table has turned you ladies gonna have to accepted it.

I got you now Kafoufou Wink
mwen dako ave'w wi... se normal si ginyin fanm kap chercher big shots out there garcon suposer viser haut as well, but I didn't know there were so many of them out there in search of nurses, damn... jan medame sa yo travaille dur... Laughing

kafou wrote:
CATDOG avek Reine Diana, are you ladies are RN's. i would like to know myself.

Non cheri a, I am not a nurse (lol) I don't think the nursing profession is made for me even if I wanted to be one. I am a business professional.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: