KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

OLIVIER.STANLEY CARIMI & BRUTUS ON IF LOOKS COUNT IN HMI

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: OLIVIER.STANLEY CARIMI & BRUTUS ON IF LOOKS COUNT IN HMI Reply with quote Back to top

We asked the following artists if LOOKS COUNT IN THE HMI. We wanted to know HOW IMPORTANT OF A ROLE does LOOKS play in the success of a band in the hmi. This is what each one of them told me.

*BRUTUS (ZENGLEN): "LOOKS are important. That is the FIRST IMPRESSION that people get of you, which might lead to them deciding on giving you a chance in terms of them following you. Sometimes if a band or artist looks good, they might be given a better chance at impressing certain people. Yo ka bal plis kredi tou. LOOK LA plays a very big role in the hmi. I would say 30/40%. However, I must say that TALENT counts a lot as well."

*STANLEY (CARIMI drummer): "IT'S VERY IMPORTANT. Looks count whether people like it or not. FANS make it a factor, and sometimes they don't even realize that they are doing it. It does play a factor in how popular a band is, but to keep it real, it must be a combination of things. With the way our society is right now. Does LOOK play a factor. HELL YEAH. The ladies prove it time and time again."

*OLIVIER (TVICE) :"It depends on people. Looks count, but the guy with the look has to have talent as well. Fok li fe yon ti danser, yon ti chanter. LOOKS are NOT really THAT important, BUT li important quand meme. LOOK LA GIN IMPORTANCE LI. Someone can be very talented, but because he lacks THE LOOK, he might not get the attention that he deserves. At the same time, the guy might have the look and have no talent. LOOKS ARE IMPORTANT somewhat, but you have to have the talent or some talent to back it up."

KM!

sexype

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Olivier but.. There are a few groups in the hmi.. if they had the look .. They probably would of make it far.. lol... I know they have the talent …et nou gen anpil mesye nan hmi la, si se pou vizage yo pa tap make it at all... i am not naming anyone but there are a few... that we can not be ignore..lol

you can hurt me physically but you can never hurt my soul...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luvmenot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I AGREE WITH Olivier.......... BIG EXAMPLE JUDE JEAN sil te bel gason li tap kraze maket la

Angel_Smile1982

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that's true. Because a lot of women go to bal for the cute looking bands. So you know where the women are the men follow.

But i've grown musically. so looks is not a big deal to me. But the artist gotta have a nice personality. I think thats more important.

MONEY INC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Of course looks is very importan nan hmi la gin 2-3 djazz nan hmi ki pap jwe anyin epi se djazz sa yo ki minin moun deyer yo paske yo gin muzicien a look ladan yo

Gin djazz kap jwe bon kompa but no look so pies moun mache deryer yo

Arly Nu Look Gro Djazz Devan L'eternel

KREYOL-LA 100% LIVE NO MPC>EPI 10.000.000% TALENT

tikReZi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think their right ....Look does matter....to me nahhh c pou mizik la mla mwen menm mpa care but en general oui.....moun ap bay on djazz ki fenk komanse pis chans si yo bel gason , si yo gen charme but like Olivier said , pa pran look la epi pa fe anyen avel , fow gen talent et fow utilize look la fizikman tou....Fanatik yo also renmen look lan big time , I CAN TELL ! ( oh mon dieu olivier gon janl danse, gon janl vire renl , mta chire chemiz li (lol)....or Oh mondieu richard et ses yeux , Carlo et son charme et sa voix ) mesi mesdames ! lol

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: