KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RICHARD CAVE.RALPH CONDE.RICHIE ON HOW 2 HANDLE SUCCESS!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: RICHARD CAVE.RALPH CONDE.RICHIE ON HOW 2 HANDLE SUCCESS! Reply with quote Back to top

We asked RICHARD CAVE, RALPH CONDE, and RICHIE, what is the best way for an artist or band to handle success. This is what they told us.

*RICHARD CAVE:(CARIMI) "HUMBLE. You have to be humble and that is the best way. The more you stay and talk/communicate with the fans, the more you know what they like. Band members in Carimi are always complaining to me about me doing that a lot. (Laughs). When you communicate with the fans before or after a bal, or if you are on the street, the more you know about the reality of what's happening on the streets.. Success is not easy. You always have to be on the ball. Always looking to improve. I am always looking for new stuff soundwise."

*RICHIE:(ZENGLEN): "The best way to handle success is to LET IT GO TO YOUR HEART, and NOT to your HEAD. That is why ZENGLEN is still here. THE MAJORITY of our guys did not let success go to their heads, therefore we are always able to manage it."

*RALPH CONDE (TABOU): "I always say that SUCCESS and FAILURE sleep in the same bed. They are neighbors. It is not easy to handle. Most of the time when success CREEPS UP ON YOU, that is when you are NOT able to handle it because of the surprise aspect of it. To GET success is ONE THING, to MANAGE IT is another. You have to be of a calming personality, as well as well educated to be able to handle it when it reaches you."

KM![/img]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: