KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

KREYOL LA'S VANESSA TALKS TO KM ABOUT WHY SHE QUIT THE BAND!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: KREYOL LA'S VANESSA TALKS TO KM ABOUT WHY SHE QUIT THE BAND! Reply with quote Back to top

We just got off the phone with former KREYOL LA PR Vanessa. This is what she told us about why she quit the band after the carnval.

VANESSA: "First I want to say that I have NOTHING against the musicians. My problem is and has been with their sound engineer Nathan. He is the reason why I quit the group."

Vanessa continues: "It had to do with how disrespectful he was towards me during the carnival during an incident that had to do with t-shirts. He came at me talking to me rudely and very agressively, and he cursed me out in front of a few people that were with me. I never answered back. The guys in the group know about the incident, howeer they have been out of town, and as I am speaking to you right now, I myself was also out of town. I am just coming back to Haiti right now. NATHAN is a MEMBER of Kreyol la (Membre fondateur), and he and I always clashed ever since the days of Konpa Kreyol. He always had something against me. There was a meeting that was held and I decided to quit. Joubert backed me up in the meeting, but I still decided to quit."

When we aksed if she had any intentions of joining any other HMI band to work as their P.R, perhaps Krezi, she said "NO. Absolutly not."

Vanessa also added "The guys called me and left me a few messages. I have not gotten the chance to return their calls. I will. But as we speak, I am no longer with Kreyol La, and it's because of their sound engineer NATHAN."

KM!

FUNKY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Joubert backed me up in the meeting, but I still decided to quit."

Only Joubert ??????????? Rolling Eyes

Gromosso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
"It had to do with how disrespectful he was towards me during the carnival during an incident that had to do with t-shirts. He came at me talking to me rudely and very agressively, and he cursed me out in front of a few people that were with me. I never answered back. The guys in the group know about the incident, howeer they have been out of town, and as I am speaking to you right now, I myself was also out of town.

Sorry to hear your run-in with Mr Nathan Vanessa. One thing I don't get though, carnval ended two weeks and you said the guys are aware of the incident and they've been out of town. I'm sure Nathan has been travelling with the rest of the guys, how come nothing has been done or said? I'm not buying it the out of town excuse. I'm sure if something wanted to be resolved, it would've happened. Maybe I missed something.

I hope you and Nathan can resolve your issues and move on. Life is too short my dear.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gro she meant that they guys knew that her and Nathan always had issues.....Yo tou les 2 pat gin bel le depi lontan......and incident kanaval la vinn fe vase la deborder Wink

Gromosso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Funky, since they know about the incident, what have they done about it, what have they done to have Vanessa and Nathan resolve their issues?

Vanessa, you're more than welcome to come join us. Sel bagay, fok ou KREZI. Laughing

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Vanessa, I am truly sorry on how Nathan treated you and has been treating you. It's unfortunate that it couldn't be worked out BUT you know what's best for you and I hope you find greener more respectful pastures else where.

BTW, never say never but I understand why it wouldn't sit too well with you to try to join Krezi's PR team even if they asked you.

Good luck to you.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gromosso wrote:
Funky, since they know about the incident, what have they done about it, what have they done to have Vanessa and Nathan resolve their issues?

Vanessa, you're more than welcome to come join us. Sel bagay, fok ou KREZI. Laughing

Gro that's another issue....Et nan koze sa se sa ki pi vexe'm cause yo pa janm fe anyen...ou gin yon groupe...2 moun nan group la gin pwoblem..do somthing about it..fe meeting....pa brosser bagay yo...

gin yon proverb ki di: IL NE FAUT JAMAIS RAPPORTER A DEMAIN CE QUE L'ON PEUT FAIRE AUJOUR'DHUI......... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

konpadiva

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! This is very unfornuate for Kreyol La, they lost a wonderful PR. Sorry to read about your altercations with the Engineer. You did it best, by not responding back to him. I wish you the best of luck.

Angelo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My question is;

Is a P.R. a part of the band or group they represent?
I mean unless, you have have an active role musically...
Couldn't somebody be a PR for 2 or 3 different groups?

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
and he cursed me out in front of a few people that were with me. I never answered back.

MY TAKE

WHAT KIND OF WOMAN OR LADY ARE YOU.....U DESERVE A PATASOUEL FOR REACTING THE WAY U DID ABOVE.........

U DESERVE TO BE ON THE SIDELINE........... Idea U SOUND LIKE A CRYING BABY NOW......how old are you man....6..7..8...... Idea Arrow

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: