KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

LISTEN TO RICHIE/ACHIL EXPLOSIVE RADIO INTERVIEW..CLICK HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boulevardestubes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I understand his concern very well. Nowadays, the artist should worry about his financial matter not just the art. And I think that he does have the right to make demand, if in fact, he is behind Zenglen's productions. Most artists forget the business side of the music and this is why they suffer. Most importantly, many forget that signed contracts speak more volume then verbal ones. If Ritchie had Archille signed a contract before this deal, they wouldn't have that problem. Besides recognition, royalties are important too. An artist would be crazy even in the HMI to just sell his work without asking for a certain percentage on sales.

No one would like to see Zenglen broken up, however, I think Ritchie should stand his ground on this.

On a side note, I believe Syromiel said it before, the other musicians should have supported Ritchie in his demand because they would have benefited from it as well.

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gade LOBEY........ Rolling Eyes Idea Idea Idea .......

I have a couple of questions..............

lets back track this situation:

ARCHIL SPENT $75,000 LES LI TAKE OVER ZENGLEN.........how much money did ritchie received when ARCHIL TOOK OVER..........POU RITCHIE PAT ALLE NAN HANGOUT...........was this MONEY FOR 5 ETOILES......

WAS RITCHIE CRYING I SENSE THAT HE WAS CRYING PODIABLE at time les li tap pale nan interview an........... Idea

SE TOUJOU ON HISTOIRE KOB KI TOUJOU METE ZENGLEN NAN PROBLEM....I remember THE STORY KE BELANDE KI SE NEG ARCHIL REPLACE LA......PEDI KAY LI PODIABLE POU ZENGLEN.....

I AM CONFUSE RITCHIE AP PALE DE RESPECT.....MIN LAP MANDE KOB EN BA EN BA...min ritchie oui....o i want respect MIN BELANDE PAYEM KOB MWEN...OU LA LA........I AM CONFUSE........BUT semble RITCHIE GUINYIN GROS JE.....nothing wrong with that but you got to be fair.... Idea

Also i feel KE ARCHIL SEMBLE LI TE KON AP LONGE LA MAIN BAY RITCHIE AMPIL..AMPIL.......OU PA TANDE ARCHILL CO SIGN APARTMENT....ENFIN.....SE ON REGLEMENT KOB KAP DISCUTE LA..........SEMBLE ARCHIL PA SOUS BAY RITCHIE ADDITIONAL KOB SES JOURS SI...AND RITCHIE AP VOYE PIED.....NOW I GOT THE WHOLE PICTURE.........

Kompafamily

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MERCI ANPIL AK BOUL LAJWA ALIAS (BJ). KE MWEN GEN ANPIL TAN MWEN PA TANDE,YON GWO MERCI TOU POU KOMPAMAGAZINE.

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I dont know, but Richie seems more credible at this point..

RICKY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

INDEED HE IS CREDIBLE BUT LETS NOT FORGET WHO WAS PICKING UP THE SLACK FOR ZENGLEN WHEN THEY WERE DOWN AND OUT

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think that Richie has made more sense than Achill.

But, why in the world would they mix up music business and personal matters??? That's a big mistake right here if you ask me.

Moreover, it seems like there is no written contract. Se bagay sa k'ap pale la ankò, bagay sa k'ap kraze biznis la...

The bottom line is about money then respect.

Because at the same time Richie is asking for respect, he brought up the money issue about the 5 Etwal and his solo albums.

wonder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a sad situtation. Not one of the guys wants to admit it but it is all about the Bens and at the end Richie made it clear " Wap paye'm lajan'm" . During the interview you can feel Richie's frustration, the guy was about to cry at some point (mwen pa renmen we le granmoun kriye Wink ) but I think in this case Richie wasn't treated fairly. It is very weird the way people do business in the HMI, so just because you invest some money in a band you can expect them to give you 4 albums for free and the band can just live only off the gigs WOW. Maybe somebody should get a loan and get into this business. My only problem with Richie on this whole mess is because he doesn't want to man up and tell it like it is, ask the guy to pay you the money you work for period, but this all respect thing is a joke and it's kinda making him look ridiculous. It doesn't look like Archille is willing to pay the money, so I guess it's goodbye Richie or maybe goodbye Archille. Tankou Pat ta di A SUIVRE.

Gromosso

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I didn't know better, I'd say that Archill is Zenglen, Archill owns Zenglen, Archill cares more about Zenglen than Richie does. Enfin! This thing needs to be resolved quick cuz peeps are hurting as a result.

Thanks for hooking up the interview Pat and BeJi.

Sanrick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What happen to contract? If there was a contract in place, we would not have that today. Sad!

haitianqueen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a shame, some things are not meant to be discussed in public. Both Ritchie and Archill need to come to a conclusion. I understand where Ritchie is coming from as far as the live album is concerned, out of respect he should have been notified. Better yet the album should not have been released without his consent, that is extremely disrespectful. Archill and others apran respekte moun especially kourage yo. Ritchie keep your head up and do what you have to do. You hard work has been recognized by me as well as others, keep doing what you do best.
peace,
HQ

Good luck to Ritchie and Zenglen.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: