KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ABOUT THE NEW BOARD AND PICTURES...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben1265

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: ABOUT THE NEW BOARD AND PICTURES... Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, I wanted to let you know that it's much easier for people at work to use the board now.
It had become impossible to open the board in a public place, because of the very large and very funny pictures members were using as avatars. Famn's picture of her impossibly large rear end, proudly displayed in a skimpy bathing suit, comes to mind. You can't have that on a monitor in an office full of people busy working.
So, my take is that avatars should be kept small... Perhaps 80x80 or so. I know it's less fun that way, but it'll help a lot of us stay in touch more...
The other thing is that some members have web access from their phones or PDAs. Large pictures are a killer there as well.
Just one man's opinion.

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ben is right I aggree 100% we need small avatar and something appropriate for the office environment.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love all the avatars but BEN is right especially for those of us in the office/corporate setting.

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with been....although I love the avatars I contastantly have to use quick moves on the keyboard to jump to another screen.....

My favorites are:

Famn's - Sexy Swinsuite model...LOL
DJK - Sean Paul Video girl
Grommoso - FL tank top
madamlatorture - family guy
ti-boxer - Go Redsox fan

Machiavel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man, I absolutely I agree. There have been several occasions where someone walked into my office and Famn's posterior hit them in the face, BAM!
Please have some rules re: the avatars.

Machiavel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpaconvert wrote:
I agree with been....although I love the avatars I contastantly have to use quick moves on the keyboard to jump to another screen.....

My favorites are:

Famn's - Sexy Swinsuite model...LOL
DJK - Sean Paul Video girl
Grommoso - FL tank top
madamlatorture - family guy
ti-boxer - Go Redsox fan

Yeah and those too...LOL

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BEN, very good point my friend...

Some of those were very funny... since we are all family here let's try to make an amelioration for all.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

About the avatars.....I think the MORE PROVOCATIVE (BLATANT PICS) will no lon ger be used.

As far as the size of the picture....I think 80x80 is a bit too small. The size of the pics from the last board looked fine to me. Perhaps a bit smaller, but NOT as small as 80X80.

KM!

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wehn I resize my photo's I do them at about 100 to 120 and they come out ok....Width is what really matters (from left to right) cause if it's tooo big the message will be too narrow.

duke

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gromosso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, when we'll we be able to upload our avatars?

who?, my florida homegirl is coming back as soon as Pat gives us the ok.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: