KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MEI MEI/HANGOUT NEW SONG "NO ONE": WORLD PREMIERE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madman1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: no one Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to all involve with this track... I give the crew an A for effort specially Action Jackkson - he is a new yorker and knows what it takes to make people danse... Mei Mei I am very surprise with i really thought this lady was only about her looks but she can definitely work with the right production I can surely expect some hits from her in the future.... keep it up ma'.

Madman jp

Dimea-A-Dozen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zipgenel wrote:
one thing I have to say is that soon or later, km members are not gonna be able to express their mind in a post that has mei mei in the title...

some people comes on mei mei post looking for a pictures of the girl with with a extra short on... showing some nice thighs and legs and bib back.. so they can yell anmweeeeeyyyy... that's all...

some people comes looking for a mei mei with a crystal clear voice that can hit notes like a young withney houston... if she falls short even by an quarter of an inch she will be criticized heavily...

what is wrong is that we can not be too harsh on the girl... we can give her credit for wanting and actually trying... whether or not hangout producers did enhance her vocals on the song... she sound way better than the last time... I am kinda disappointed... cause I looking for something original and totally konpa-ish.. but at the same time that could be the beginning of a lot of good things..

what I hate is when some people with no facts and with no comprehension whatsoever, start with a post shouting ANMWEYS... and their next line is " HATERS THIS HATERS THAT"... that shows you some members are just hear for the COMEDY, and can't analyze jack even for a living.. can't contribute nothing of essence to a conversation..

Zip,

Don't let others discourage you from voicing your opinion...their are some of us who sit in the cut, who understands. I like the fact you see beyond the rumpshaking, and see the girl is not perfect, but nor terrible. Its the effort, and if she keeps trying to give her best it will not be invein.

**What I tell my boyfriend is..."you alone can't force the issue on other's ignorance, but what you can do is teach those who choose to be educated; slowly but surely it will make a difference."

BabyVice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Sorry but pa gen la ki pou fe tèt mwen cho.
Li just ap kopie Alicia Keys, leu li vin ak prop afè pal ma aplodil.

DonGabbana

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BabyVice wrote:
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Sorry but pa gen la ki pou fe tèt mwen cho.
Li just ap kopie Alicia Keys, leu li vin ak prop afè pal ma aplodil.

Medam yo sèmante yo pap bay Mei Mei on chans Laughing Laughing Laughing

ReineDiana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: MEI MEI/HANGOUT NEW SONG "NO ONE": WORLD PREMI Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Here is the new MEI MEI/HANGOUT single "NO ONE" (Remix of Alicia Keys song)...World Premiere Exclusive.

Won't you please let us know what you think of the song regardless of if you like it or not? Thanks
KM!

Well...I heard the song and frankly it did not sound horrible to my eardrums, although a more experienced singer would have done a much better job, especially since this is a studio take ... but nonetheless from the little singing I've heard from her before, it's clear she made some improvements. Having said that, the tips I would give her is to avoid singing in such a high pitch, airy and nasally sound...while singing this song, at times you could hear the mistakes she's making and it clearly show too, that she could not fully hold some of the notes, but with practice comes perfection...I expected her to sound terrible and she did not...with more maturity in her voice this song could have come out better...definitely not in Alicia Key's league though...but Alicia Keys songs are usually tough to begin with anyways, oh well...keep practicing girly, so far not bad! Wink
-------------------------------------------------------
WYCLEF JEAN!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The CROWD seems to APPROVE based on what I saw at the Carimi/Kreyol La party.

KM!

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will say something that will produce controversy but Mei Mei should just back her bag up get a couple of these same producers with her and go to the AMI and just forget the HMI. There are folks who are less talented making a lot of loot!!!

I believe in this girl and all she needed is some work and it seems there could be a formula for her.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: MEI MEI/HANGOUT NEW SONG "NO ONE": WORLD PREMI Reply with quote Back to top

ReineDiana wrote:
kompamagazine wrote:
Here is the new MEI MEI/HANGOUT single "NO ONE" (Remix of Alicia Keys song)...World Premiere Exclusive.

Won't you please let us know what you think of the song regardless of if you like it or not? Thanks
KM!

Well...I heard the song and frankly it did not sound horrible to my eardrums, although a more experienced singer would have done a much better job, especially since this is a studio take ... but nonetheless from the little singing I've heard from her before, it's clear she made some improvements. Having said that, the tips I would give her is to avoid singing in such a high pitch, airy and nasally sound...while singing this song, at times you could hear the mistakes she's making and it clearly show too, that she could not fully hold some of the notes, but with practice comes perfection...I expected her to sound terrible and she did not...with more maturity in her voice this song could have come out better...definitely not in Alicia Key's league though...but Alicia Keys songs are usually tough to begin with anyways, oh well...keep practicing girly, so far not bad! Wink

Reine

Do you not agree in the AMI there are a lot less talent making mad money? She is not a Keys or Blige but she pretty close to Spears!!! Cool

ReineDiana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: MEI MEI/HANGOUT NEW SONG "NO ONE": WORLD PREMI Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
ReineDiana wrote:
kompamagazine wrote:

KM!

Reine

Do you not agree in the AMI there are a lot less talent making mad money? She is not a Keys or Blige but she pretty close to Spears!!! Cool

No comment as of yet...I would need to hear more to make such assessment...I heard she was suppose to do a remake of Rihanna's "umbrella" I'd like to hear that first before going further...but, I'll say for now she did make some progress. Cool
-------------------------------------------------------
WYCLEF JEAN!

Machiavel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am very disturbed at some of you making innuendos regarding Mei Mei's vocals on this track. Why is that some of you are so reluctant to give the girl some credit when it comes to her vocal abilities? Her voice has not been enhanced by any vocal effects on this track. Shame on those who alludes to such ludicrous accusation.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: