KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MEI MEI/HANGOUT NEW SONG "NO ONE": WORLD PREMIERE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rorothebest

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Music la belle,vocal la MEI MEI faire yon ti effort is not bad.
Good job HANG OUT.

Si NULOOK n'existait pas,il fallait l'inventer.

Pa suiv NULOOK,jazz la jouinn kob monnin sou dlo.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the track is good.

Umm I think some of you are asking for too much. Mei-Mei is not a VOCALIST period.

So if she is singing a track and there are effects on it, what is wrong with it?

As long as the end product is entertaining there is no problem.

I think the track overall is good, to me it just lacks CONFIDENCE. But that will come with time.

If she would've commanded and controlled the track more it wouldve great.

There are some NOTES she really really put some EMOTION in it and to me that is important.

kafou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

princessj wrote:
kafou wrote:
princessj wrote:
Interesting arrangement...
Her voice sounds a bit synthesized to me, wonder if she's using a vocoder? She really isn't showing much range on this track, and at times her singing voice sounds like she's talking through the song. I don't know if I would have been so ambitious as to do Alicia Keys, as few people can but Mei Mei did fairly well...she's obviously not tone deaf. In any case, it's a pleasant island sounding remix, nothing remarkable.

BON SE PA SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Ou minm Again!

What esle is new, se pa minm ou minm ki di James Cardozo Pi Gro Bassist nan HMI.

Ahhhhhhhhhh banm tan opinion yon lot moun pito, paske li pi valid, paske you are one of the biggest fanatic malad, ohhhhhhh 3millions copy pou album t-vice la. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Koulyea wap juje Talent, a la De salManaza!

LA PAIX bon dieu ave'w

This is the problem with some of you, you simply can't let bygones be. Rather then look at my objective and rational review of what I heard and try to understand my crique of the 'bel pitit' from a musical stance, you go off on a tangent about things in the pass which are irrelavent to the topic at hand all in an effort to discredit what I've stated. These little attacks need to know when and where, otherwise people won't bother trying to have serious discussions on KM. Kafou for 2008 please consider giving the board a chance to move forward...let it go.

Quote:
Rather then look at my objective and rational review of what I heard and try to understand my crique of the 'bel pitit' from a musical stance

Le'w koumanse fe sa de plus en plus ou minm, then i follow.
le'w aplike rationalite'w lan en general, tankou "James Cardozo is the best Bassist player in the HMI", wa eseye vin precher tout bel literature yo, ekspes de philosphe sa yo.

Quote:
These little attacks need to know when and where, otherwise people won't bother trying to have serious discussions on KM. Kafou for 2008 please consider giving the board a chance to move forward...let it go

KM DEVAN DEVAN NET with or without the both of us.

egal kite'l mache

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

bella_mafia1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

princessj wrote:
kafou wrote:
princessj wrote:
Interesting arrangement...
Her voice sounds a bit synthesized to me, wonder if she's using a vocoder? She really isn't showing much range on this track, and at times her singing voice sounds like she's talking through the song. I don't know if I would have been so ambitious as to do Alicia Keys, as few people can but Mei Mei did fairly well...she's obviously not tone deaf. In any case, it's a pleasant island sounding remix, nothing remarkable.

BON SE PA SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Ou minm Again!

What esle is new, se pa minm ou minm ki di James Cardozo Pi Gro Bassist nan HMI.

Ahhhhhhhhhh banm tan opinion yon lot moun pito, paske li pi valid, paske you are one of the biggest fanatic malad, ohhhhhhh 3millions copy pou album t-vice la. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Koulyea wap juje Talent, a la De salManaza!

LA PAIX bon dieu ave'w

This is the problem with some of you, you simply can't let bygones be. Rather then look at my objective and rational review of what I heard and try to understand my crique of the 'bel pitit' from a musical stance, you go off on a tangent about things in the pass which are irrelavent to the topic at hand all in an effort to discredit what I've stated. These little attacks need to know when and where, otherwise people won't bother trying to have serious discussions on KM. Kafou for 2008 please consider giving the board a chance to move forward...let it go.

PRINCESS J

MA'P COUPE'W SEK LA'A. BON FO'K OU REKONET KE LI FE PROGRES. EPI LI PA'A GEN GWO VOKAL. MEN LI PA'A CHANTE AN EASY SONG. CHANTE ALICIA KEYS YO PA'A JANM FACILE. LI POTE TOUCHE PA'A LI NAN CHANTE AN. EPI LI FE EFFO. SISPAN CHACHE LA BETE, SHES NOT PERFECT. MEN LI FE EFFO. ALOR BAY LI AN CHANS.

THANK U Arrow Arrow

lyricina69

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HER VOICE SOUNDS BETTER BECAUSE THE SONG IS HALF KREYOL AND ENGLISH

SHE IS NOT ALL THE WAY THERE FOR ME IM SORRY, MY TEN YEAR OLD COUSIN CAN SING THIS WAY BETTER THEN HER

TO ME SHE HAS TO COME OUT WITH SOME REAL KOMPA NOT KOMPA/R&B
SHE'S NOT PUTTING HER ALL IN TO THIS SONG

bella_mafia1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lyricina69 wrote:

SHE IS NOT ALL THE WAY THERE FOR ME IM SORRY, MY TEN YEAR OLD COUSIN CAN SING THIS WAY BETTER THEN HER

I'M WAITING FOR THE ALBUM OF UR 10 YEARS OLD COUSIN ... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Arrow Arrow

Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kafou for the LAST time I'm not the one who called MeiMei a gigolo Evil or Very Mad

Why do you want my opinion like that? jodia se fet mwen..Mwen fe SA'M VLE, LE'M VLE, JANM VLE, GRACE A DIEU! Cool Cool

Maybe tomorrow Laughing Laughing Laughing

bella_mafia1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet kowompu wrote:
Kafou for the LAST time I'm not the one who called MeiMei a gigolo Evil or Very Mad

Why do you want my opinion like that? jodia se fet mwen..Mwen fe SA'M VLE, LE'M VLE, JANM VLE, GRACE A DIEU! Cool Cool

Maybe tomorrow Laughing Laughing Laughing

BONNE FETE ALORS !!! Very Happy Very Happy Wink Wink

SE VRE KE MEI MEI TE METE AN POSITION DE GIGOLO SOU STAJE LAN. MEN MWEN KONTAN WE KE LI TRAVAY POU LI CHANJE STATUT GIGOLO AN POU ARTIST. MENM SI LI PA'A GEN GWO VOKAL. MENM SI LI PAKA EKRI PWOP CHANTE LI. MWEN KONTAN WE KE LI VLE FE EFFORT POU LI FE AN BAGAY. Wink Wink EPI MWEN RENMIN EFFO LI NAN CHANTE AN.

LET'S GO MEI MEI ... LI RETE AN TI 10 POUCE ANKO, EPI OU PA'P GIGOLO ANKO Wink Wink Laughing Laughing

lyricina69

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bella_mafia1 wrote:
lyricina69 wrote:

I'M WAITING FOR THE ALBUM OF UR 10 YEARS OLD COUSIN ... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Arrow Arrow

BELLA GO SIT DOWN SOMEWHERE AND CHILL, YOU DONT WANT TO CHALLENGE ME ON THIS BOARD AND IM ONLY BEING NICE

nustyle11

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mizik la pa mal...Mei Mei fe anpil efo.. epi mezanmi si nou ap kritike, at least give the girl some constructive criticism....Mei Mei kontinye travay sou vokal ou...Si se leson ke wa'p pran... knotinye fe'l?.. and with time you'll be able to prove alot of people wrong...M'apresye improuvman ke ou fe so far....Kontinye travay!!..

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: