KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MEI MEI/HANGOUT NEW SONG "NO ONE": WORLD PREMIERE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonGabbana

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Razz Razz Razz
Anmweyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Mei Mei efase tout kontwoves lotrejou yo ak sel grenn mizik sa Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Si'l bon di'l bon Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mei Mei femen bouch anpil moun wi la Laughing Laughing Laughing

princessj

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pwen_de_jou wrote:
People are probably going to get me on this one, but I'm going to have to flip flop. Embarassed

I listened to the track again on some quality headphones instead of my cheapo speakers, and it sounds less impressive. Much less impressive.

I still say it's an improvement from "Afe'm Se Pa'm", but as it is, it's only okay. It kind of sounds like a MIDI.

I know what you mean, it's more like something you'd hear on a cruise or during karaoke night in Harlem, not at the Grammy's.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FUNKY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

okay...the song is not bad at all but im sorry but sa voix m`enerveeeeeeee Rolling Eyes

menkonpa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PrincessJ, I guess the board didn't know your portfolio. There are giggers and there are trained musicians who don't play as well. lol.
MeiMei thought she could fool us with this. The chord she sings on suits her voice, and you can tell she is not able to reach the higher notes without the help of the "vocoder" or whatever effect is on her voice.
Quote:
In HMI standards this is fine...let's not compare to Alicia Keys please!!

I don't like that statement at all. Will the HMI ever acquire more singing talents, or even push our singers to become better singers, if we accept that so-called standard of singing anything half decent. See I myself sing and produce, and I told myself that I will never come out with anything, until my vocals are better than most HMI singers. We do not compare her to Alicia Keys, fair enough, but let's compare her to Tina for example, or Tanya St Val, Princess Lover.... She downright sucks compared to these also. We as musicians, fans and critics have to stop accepting that standard. We probably have potential talent in our Industry in terms of female singers, and it's time that we make them work to deserve our appreciation. It's about time all the male and female singers in the industry get themselves vocal coaches and fix this problem.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kafou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TO MY SUPRISE LES HATERS N'ONT PAS VENUE ENCORE?

OU SONT LEURS, SWEET KOWONPU, MIN GIGOLO NOU TAP MANDE POU LI A OUI. MMS FOR LIFE!

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

kafou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

princessj wrote:
Interesting arrangement...
Her voice sounds a bit synthesized to me, wonder if she's using a vocoder? She really isn't showing much range on this track, and at times her singing voice sounds like she's talking through the song. I don't know if I would have been so ambitious as to do Alicia Keys, as few people can but Mei Mei did fairly well...she's obviously not tone deaf. In any case, it's a pleasant island sounding remix, nothing remarkable.

BON SE PA SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Ou minm Again!

What esle is new, se pa minm ou minm ki di James Cardozo Pi Gro Bassist nan HMI.

Ahhhhhhhhhh banm tan opinion yon lot moun pito, paske li pi valid, paske you are one of the biggest fanatic malad, ohhhhhhh 3millions copy pou album t-vice la. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Koulyea wap juje Talent, a la De salManaza!

LA PAIX bon dieu ave'w

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

TATOU20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kafou wrote:
princessj wrote:
Interesting arrangement...
Her voice sounds a bit synthesized to me, wonder if she's using a vocoder? She really isn't showing much range on this track, and at times her singing voice sounds like she's talking through the song. I don't know if I would have been so ambitious as to do Alicia Keys, as few people can but Mei Mei did fairly well...she's obviously not tone deaf. In any case, it's a pleasant island sounding remix, nothing remarkable.

BON SE PA SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Ou minm Again!

What esle is new, se pa minm ou minm ki di James Cardozo Pi Gro Bassist nan HMI.

Ahhhhhhhhhh banm tan opinion yon lot moun pito, paske li pi valid, paske you are one of the biggest fanatic malad, ohhhhhhh 3millions copy pou album t-vice la. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Koulyea wap juje Talent, a la De salManaza!

LA PAIX bon dieu ave'w

Yo kafou sim pat konnen vre mwen ta kwe wi nan tout chirurgie,littarature sa yo....tchuiiiippppp yo I should tell u guys How Mei Mei has been working Hard .....BON MEI MEI ap target on lot bagay that the other HMI divas haven't targeted .... Give the GIRL a CHANCE danm she's doing well kote mei mei soti a poul RIVE la datz danm GOOD....BUT MEZANMI POU ON MOUN PRAN DEVAN AP KRITIKE KONSA SAN ARRET A NON MEZANMI...........EPI TOU PA GEN PYES ANYEN YO AJOUTE NAN VOIX DAME LAN CUZ IF THEY DID FOK LI TA PERFECT .......EPI TOU KOMPARED OU TANDE MEI MEI KI CHANTE UNFAITHFUL BY RIHANA DEJA VIN DI SIW PANSE SE PA VOIX KI CHANTE NO ONE LAN TCHUIIIIPPPPPP....TO ALL THE HATERS LE NOU PALE MEI MEI MAL SHE WILL ALWAYS BE MEI MEI AND SE NOU KAP VOYEL MONTE SO ...MORE POWER 2 U KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.....EPI TOU I'M OUT NAN POST SA I AINT GOT ANYTHING 2 SAY BUT ......GO MEI MEI GO GO

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kompared

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bon bagay....Me like it... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

JimBo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MWEM PA KO TANDE'L NON BUT IM HEARING GOOD REVIEWS CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME & LISTEN Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Arrow Arrow Arrow

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm! They added a very nice delay to her voice! Overall acceptable! I guess she's on her way to get rid of that "mei mei pa konn chante tag". She still has to replicate this one live!!! Let's wait and see!!

About the beat! it's not melodious enough...there's a missing element that takes away from the song. The piano should have been emphasized here! The keyboard solo is on point!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: