KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MEI MEI/HANGOUT NEW SONG "NO ONE": WORLD PREMIERE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kompa Love

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In HMI standards this is fine...let's not compare to Alicia Keys please!!

pwen_de_jou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kompa Love wrote:
In HMI standards this is fine...let's not compare to Alicia Keys please!!

Well that would be stretching it... Laughing

princessj

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pwen_de_jou wrote:
I'm not going to accuse them of digitally enhancing her voice until I hear her live. But even the Mei Mei haters have to admit that there is SIGNIFICANT improvement.

She's not an upper echelon singer, but this song definitely suits her voice. Bravo to her. Keep up the good work.

The synchronized arrangement suits her voice, but I highly doubt she'd have been able to pull off the original arrangement with the inclusion of a major key change. What Hangout did isn't even a real remix, it's a dumbing-down (this is the actual term, I mean no offense) of the song and creating a more simplistic melody, to the bands heavily digitized harmony. It sounds decent enough, something like you'd hear on a cruise, but I can't accept this mediocrisy like some are prone to and pretend as though the singer in question has made such great strides as to be given all this glory that I see, that is fanaticism...how do I know? I've been guilty of it myself, and therefore can recognize it for what it is, all in all she has improved, but has a way to go.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LejacobinNoir

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mei Mei mete bel ti vocal li ate papa ....M ta apprecie mizik la pi plis sil Pat guin tou Km sa yo sou li ..

Danm m pa ka kopie mizik la non !!! Arrow Arrow Arrow

LejacobinNoir

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

princessj wrote:
pwen_de_jou wrote:
I'm not going to accuse them of digitally enhancing her voice until I hear her live. But even the Mei Mei haters have to admit that there is SIGNIFICANT improvement.

She's not an upper echelon singer, but this song definitely suits her voice. Bravo to her. Keep up the good work.

The synchronized arrangement suits her voice, but I highly doubt she'd have been able to pull off the original arrangement with the inclusion of a major key change. What Hangout did isn't even a real remix, it's a dumbing-down (this is the actual term, I mean no offense) of the song and creating a more simplistic melody, to the bands heavily digitized harmony. It sounds decent enough, something like you'd hear on a cruise, but I can't accept this mediocrisy like some are prone to and pretend as though the singer in question has made such great strides as to be given all this glory that I see, that is fanaticism...how do I know? I've been guilty of it myself, and therefore can recognize it for what it is, all in all she has improved, but has a way to go.

Princessj you brake this down like you were (maybe you are) a musician .....make sure your account is not hacked ...... Arrow Arrow Arrow

Big Lu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

come on peeps you guys are ridiculous...she suck and alicia should sue her a&& just for crapyyyyyyyy vocal...my god

princessj

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LejacobinNoir - LOL, something some of you don't know is that I am a classically trained musician, I have studied music for over 15 years. I play the Clarinet, and Xylophone, and sing as well. I compose, transpose and read sheet music...both my brothers are Maestros and play several instruments, one is a music teacher. My parents threw us into the arts in the french style of education. But because of the chaos of KM and the nonsense that goes off on here, I rarely take part in serious musical discussion, but end up in petty arguments. In any case thanks for the offhand compliment, and no I have no been hacked:

T-VICE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by princessj on Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

woy.
I am sold...
please play it, tonigh...
ti-Nes, I am begging you....

pwen_de_jou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

People are probably going to get me on this one, but I'm going to have to flip flop. Embarassed

I listened to the track again on some quality headphones instead of my cheapo speakers, and it sounds less impressive. Much less impressive.

I still say it's an improvement from "Afe'm Se Pa'm", but as it is, it's only okay. It kind of sounds like a MIDI.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

woyy banm al tandé Laughing Laughing Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: