KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ZENGLEN MUSICIANS' GROWING FRUSTRATION AGAINST RICHIE!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: ZENGLEN MUSICIANS' GROWING FRUSTRATION AGAINST RICHIE! Reply with quote Back to top

I can tell you that based on conversations that I've had with a couple of ZENGLEN musicians, it looks as if they are increasingly getting frustrated with Richie's decision to stop playing with the group.

A couple of them feel that he is holding the band hostage and that his wish is to allegedly have the group beg him to come back. I can sense that from the members that I spoke to, they are not going to make that happen. As a matter of fact, they want to prove even more that the band can make it without Richie.

It is safe to say that THE MAJORITY OF THE BAND seems to be against the way Richie is going about this issue.

Will come back with more.

KM!

Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Men kompa!
I see a few options:
1/Archill give Richie what he wants, but stop being their producer.
2/Richie don't get what he wants, leave the band and Zenglen as the survivor that they are, continue his road (to Paris Laughing )
3/Richie don't get what he wants, leave the band and this is the end of Zenglen.
Sad Sad

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which one do you see happening Sweet Kowonpu?

KM!

neg_montreal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Which one do you see happening Sweet Kowonpu?

KM!

Pat

M'ap reponn sa a.

à mon avis, pa gen aucun être humain indispensable ou irremplaçable.
Mwen reconnaitre Ritchie as a talented man lan tout sa la fè, men Zenglen will survive with or without Ritchie

Montréalais et Jérémien pour toujours

"Pa suiv mwen, mwen jwenn kòb monnen sou dlo" Gazzman Couleur

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^^^^^^^^^^ ))))))

OK. Pat had spoken. I can comment because this is not a rumor. He said he SPOKE with Zenglen members. So that is what it was. EGO. Isn't it?

I have tremendous respect, appreciation and gratitude for Richie's work and the bel music he had help put out. He is a great guy and a favorite drummer.

Yet he is a human being, with strengths and weaknesses like we all have.

His weaknesses may be his ego. It grow tired when he kept saying he made Gracia when we all know Gracia was a star with Djkout before he joined zenglen.

Now, he wants his way and to pressure the band......HELLO.....

He is going to be for a big surprise if he thinks he is Zenglen.

Richie, bro, read what happened to super English rock group Pink Floyd that broke in their peak for the horrible egos of Guilmour and Roger Waters, and the Beatles break up due to Paul Mcartney egocentric personality. BOTH PROVED A WASTE.

Richie is a big talent but he could not had done what zenglen did WITHOUT ZENGLEN.

Zenglen, I would not beg. ZENGLEN WILL GO ON.

Let's start thinking........>>>> Let me see. What about >> Shedlie Abraham, or Ivone Jerome ......

I just can not believe this. CRAzy.

Mexkompa

Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Patrick so far, the second one... Confused

Ben1265

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was listening to the Zenglen Live 2006 album, and although some of the songs are good (El Pozo and Nick are awesome), I feel Zenglen's live performances are missing something. I can't put Zenglen live in the same category as Nu Look or Djakout. I'm not sure who is to blame for that, but for a band with such a great repertoire of new songs, this should not be.
I think this is the reason for Zenglen's relatively mild success in the live circuit. Moreover, I don't think the Richie problem would exist if the band was on top.
Everything happens for a reason...

Gromosso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is what my crystal ball is telling me Pat, Richie will leave Zenglen and create his own band where he has TOTAL CONTROL. Zenglen will go on with Klere on the drums epi that's it.

Xcel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, let say that Richie leaves Zenglen for GOOD...! Remember!!!!! that for the year 2005-06 Zenglen has more ALBUM out in the market than every bands in the HMI. Because of that I don't think the band is going to suffer great deal. Pour le moment actual "TI CORP YO BON" so lets wait and see how the next album will be if Richie decides to leave for GOOD.

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ben1265 wrote:
I was listening to the Zenglen Live 2006 album, and although some of the songs are good (El Pozo and Nick are awesome), I feel Zenglen's live performances are missing something. I can't put Zenglen live in the same category as Nu Look or Djakout. I'm not sure who is to blame for that, but for a band with such a great repertoire of new songs, this should not be.
I think this is the reason for Zenglen's relatively mild success in the live circuit. Moreover, I don't think the Richie problem would exist if the band was on top.
Everything happens for a reason...

Man i need to express myself more, cause been saying that for a while. This band is good nahhhhhhhhhh Very good. But for some reason live it's not the same. Yes but lately i've seen improvement and all that other BS going on will make them take a step back. Man 3 step forward 5 step back what a shame. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: