KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

KREZI 2007 LIVE CD: THE OFFICIAL KOMPAMAGAZINE REVIEW!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: KREZI 2007 LIVE CD: THE OFFICIAL KOMPAMAGAZINE REVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is my review of the KREZI LIVE CD that was just released.

1)*BACK TO BACK:

*The intro/claps give you a feel a concert/bal (GOOD STUFF)

*There is a solo keyboard by DAVIDOFF (The second one) on this tack that makes me FLY IN THE SKY si tellement the keyboard is what I describe as a "SIWOMIEL/DOUS".

*ROOSEVELT kills this track when he comes in to do HIS vocals. IN A GOOD WAY that is.

*SHOULD "NOT" have been the opening track on the CD.

*2) LET'S TALK

*The LIVE rendition here is nice, but does not come to life until MIKA drops his RAGGA part in "Tell Me Whatcha Want My Baby".

*The sound on THIS SONG feels a bit MUFFLED "TOUFE".

*That pasrt "SOUKE DADA/VIRE ANBA is so good that they should have done it MORE than once.

*I have heard BETTER versions of LET'S TALK at KREZI concerts/bals that I have been to.

*3) NEGOSYE

*This BANGER should have been the kickoff track off the cd to get people EXCITED IN A PARTY MOOD. This song grabs you by the throat and does NOT let go until the song is over.

*GREAT VISUAL CONCERT SONG (The CELLULAR and BRASSE MIN/CASSE CHIN Parts)

*"RALE KOW LA/HANDS UP" part gets me every time. GREAT STUFF.

*EXTREMELY HOT SONG on this LIVE CD. One of my favorites ON THIS CD.

*4) LEM' WE'W

*One of the most pleasant and enjoyable songs on the cd because of the CROWD PARTICIPATION. I have been BEGGING for HMI Bands to do LIVES like this....KREZI went that route and did VERY WELL here with this tune. NOTHING beats seeing/hearing a crowd singing your song, and people actually hearing it.

*I was so surprised that the people knew the song word for word, that I am asking myself si se pa ZANMI JAZZ LA yo mete bo micro a pou chante (LOL...JUST KIDDING)

*5) PA TCHEKE KREZI

*SOLID FAST TEMPO TRACK

*Guitar riffs A GOGO to drive you CRAZY (Excuse the pun)

*MIN KREZI A NAN TCHOU A YO is a very good part that must be a new one that they added in there.

*Carnival style solos from DAVIDOFF + an AWESOME SPOTLIGHT ON THE "BAN DEYE". That part just takes the song OVER THE TOP.

*6) TI MAFI

*"DOUS MAKOS" stylee.

*ISNARD DOUBY vocal Impression by Roosevelt is ON POINT. (Lol). If you did not know, you would actually think it's the legend doing a cameo on the song.

*My problem with this version is that it does not look like KREZI is fully pushing/exploiting the song PROPERLY in order to make it STAND OUT like they did with NEGOSYE and others. They are probably relying on the song's popularity with the fans from the studio cd, so they just added it, jut to play it LIVE, but NOT to do anything spectacular or special with it.

7) MIYAN MIYAN

*This COUPE CLOUE classic is surpringly ON POINT. It is NOT one of those classic songs that most of our new generation bands usually throws on a cd for credibility purposes, or to attract an older audience. You can tell that KREZI took their time working on this song and make it work.

VERDICT: I did NOT like the fact that out of the 7 songs, ONLY 2 can qualify as UPTEMPO CROWD BANGERS, and I am a bit dissapointed that they did NOT include one or two more UPTEMPO NUMBERS because They are good at those.

Also, the way that they started the CD with two songs that do not have ENERGY TO GET YOU IN A FESTIVE MOOD, they CAN lose a couple of people GIVING A LISTEN TO THE GROUP for the first time.

Other than that, This LIVE CD IS THE BOMB! It is on point. A very NICE JOB by Krezi. The songs are well delivered, the mix is good (Let's Talk leaves a little to be desired in that area), the CROWD REACTION IS SUPERB. If a very popular/well established band WITH HITS had released a CD like that...THEY WOULD DO A LOT OF DAMAGE. That's how good this CD is....the only setback might be the fact that the songs are NOT as well known by the majority like hits of popular bands in the hmi. BUT I GUARANTEE YOU that with this LIVE, KREZI WILL GET THE ATTENTION THAT IT DESERVES.

I give this CD a BIG THUMBS UP! I really..really..really..really LIKE IT A LOT. A Whole lot.

BRAVO KREZI!

KM!

Gromosso

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
VERDICT: I did NOT like the fact that out of the 7 songs, ONLY 2 can qualify as UPTEMPO CROWD BANGERS, and I am a bit dissapointed that they did NOT include one or two more UPTEMPO NUMBERS because They are good at those.

Also, the way that they started the CD with two songs that do not have ENERGY TO GET YOU IN A FESTIVE MOOD, they CAN lose a couple of people GIVING A LISTEN TO THE GROUP for the first time.

Pat, I said the exact same thing but some people here wanted to bite my head off.

They should have included another fast tempo song. Either their HIT carnaval Solidarite or one of the other two fast tempo songs on the album in Fe Zafe'w or Bagay Yo Red as some sort of intro to start pushing the song.

A la nou menm sa!

Don't worry, nou pa bezwen di Patrick anyen ban'n DRY EYES! Laughing

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gro

You can see and understand that a lot of people see you as an AVID FAN of KREZI. Heck, some will say part of the staff, therefore I would NOT take it that hard in regards to what you brought up.

PS: TUYEM' RACHEM'...You did NOT even read the full review. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

KM!

Gromosso

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat I read what you said entirely. I wanted to emphasize your points about the lack of fast tempo songs on the live album.

This is part of what I wrote two weeks ago.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KREZI's Live 2007 is very good but it's boring in the sense that there are way too many slow and mid-tempo songs on the albums.

Slow tempo Le'm We'w, Back To Back and Mian Mian (Coupe Cloue0
Mid-Tempo Let's Talk and Ti Mafi
Fast-tempo Negosye and Pa Tcheke KREZI.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KREZI plays their fast tempo songs very well and by only having Negosye and PTK on the live, the album is missing an additional spice. Personally, I would have used Solidarite or have one of the Fast tempo songs that they haven't played much live (to my knowledge) on the album to start pushing the song.

Anyways, mrenmen jazz la se vre men se yon simple ti fanatik ke'm ye, mwen pa sou payroll jazz la, mwen pa yon manb non-plu. Tout moun ap jere biznis yo komsadwa.

BTW, you're right about Let's Talk and Ti Mafi, I've heard better versions of those songs live.

Great live KREZI!

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I live the fact that the CD only has 2 uptempo songs.
Si se konsa Krezi jwe lan bal se sa net..
I wish all the bands would play more slow tempo songs.
bagay sote ponpe sa'a yo met kite'l pou concert ak festival.
lan bal jazz met suiv exzanp Krezi ya e lage bel mizik dous pou moun ploge..

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One complaint I would add though was one song's way toooo long crowd ovation. We got the message they did well but its was a bit tooooo long. Other then that, the CD was well presented and yes if they were a more popular band, this would have been a classic to hold.

JimBo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gade tout sa a live album fe pou a djazz Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation enfin Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Arrow Arrow Arrow

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JIMBO...Wap voye pye? Do you agree or disagree with the review? You are free to give your opinion of course.

KM!

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
One complaint I would add though was one song's way toooo long crowd ovation. We got the message they did well but its was a bit tooooo long. Other then that, the CD was well presented and yes if they were a more popular band, this would have been a classic to hold.

H1, ba moun repo yo. Ou pa minm tande cd a, et pi ou gintan ap fe komente Laughing
Krezi's cd is on point considering what we have outthere. I think they could have a better job.
by the way, being krezi has a more up tempo "cadence", i think i would agree that they should have included another fast tempo song on the cd
But, nan sa moin tande deja yo, i think i like krezi better.
I have yet to hear hangout! Carimi is ok as well

belfam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn it i need to get this cd soon Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: