KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NU LOOK NEW YORK PROMOTER REFUSES MUSICIAN'S WISH....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: NU LOOK NEW YORK PROMOTER REFUSES MUSICIAN'S WISH.... Reply with quote Back to top

A NU LOOK musician wanted to get in touch with KM to shoot the breeze. We had spoken to this musician before on many occasions, but he had lost my number when he switched phones.

According to the musician, when he asked their NEW YORK promoter Country if he had my number, the promoter alledgedly said NO. The funny thing is, this promoter used to call me before to talk about NU LOOK business, and all of a sudden he claimed to have lost my number.

Message to the promoter....If you think you can get NU LOOK members NOT to talk to KM....TRY IT. I guarantee you that you can't....NOT EVERY MEMBER OF NU LOOK can be ordered or bought. Now if ARLY ajnd GAZZMAN want to PLEASE YOU by following your orders...good luck to them....even though when we do come face to face with Arly and Gazzman, they do talk to us "like there is nothing going on". As a matter of fact, COULEUR is the one that got in touch with us as usual when he wanted to release the "Pedi Shelbew" video last week.

If Nu Look's promoter is upset because we do have some news flash that don't reflect positely on the band, too bad because every band in the HMI gets the same treatment when it comes to good news/bad news.

Now if Nu Look thinks its in their best interest to follow their New York promoter's lead...."BONNE CHANCE".

FELDER, RALPH CONDE, LAPORTE, TI NOZILE, CHACHOU....AVEN' MAP MACHE...and to maestro Arly and vocalist Couleur...depi nou pa gin pwoblem ak KM, and even if you do....AVEN' MAP MACHE.

PS: Arly and I had a good conversation at LA NUIT DES JEUNES last week just before Nu Look went on stage. I had the same with Ralph, Felder and Ti Nozile.

Keep up the good work fellas.

PS: By the way, NU LOOK from what I understand was a bit upset because they felt there was a little too much coverage of the DJAKOUT/NU LOOK Haiti bal on the board. Not just from us, but from the members as well. ENFIN.

KM!

Kunta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat they don't need to go through Country...they can email you. I get quick reply from you on emails. Someone might be pulling a quick one on you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kunta

Just ONE musician told me that COUNTRY is the one that would not give him my number. NOT Arly/Gazzman or anybody else.

KM!

kompared

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, I feel sorry for NULOOK. They have to understand that COUNTRY is a newcomer in this business. I never knew of this dude when I was living in New York.

I bet this dude was not around when KOMPAMAGAZINE( paper) get started. So therefore MISIE PA KONNNIN FORCE KM.

I have always said that: I knew first about CARIMI and Alan Cave hit SE PA POU DAT from KM(paper).

COUNTRY Poze!!!!! Laughing Laughing

USAhaitian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now its clearly written that Pat and Country are not on super great terms...personally!
But as for business: Anyone who really needed it would've gotten Pat's number without asking Country for it; although, Pat number may not be listed in the yellow pages, hey its KM now, and who knows maybe Country really didn't have it at the moment: could've been a new phone issue as well!
Communication makes a huge remark in whatever issue that is brought up in a right or wrong way. That musician in Nu-Look probably is communicating on the side-line what he feels about their New York Promoter/Manager reflection on his personal feelings, knowing that this would be nice to inform Pat about it and also mention the trouble he went through just to tell him.
Country currently handles booking and scheduling for the guys in the tri-state area, not to exclude Country is also real friends with Arly + Gazzman: so as buddies Country assures that Arly not to exclude Gazman are treated well and may have it their way, for example riding all together when the other band members are huddled into the van... even in extreme weather conditions i.e. snow storms. Basically Country looks out for his guys and protects Arly in a favorably way to ensure his safety.
Now for Pat and Country?
Yes Nu-look and Djakout band was off the walls with media coverage and extra demands from the fans of Kompa throughout the world wanting to know exactly what went down and who is saying what....
This meant getting in contact with all reliable resources and personal that could provide accurate information and messages about what really happened: Nu-Look manager or members to be called. The problem if so is that Country if one may understand doesn't only handle Nu-Look business and when such a high depend happens on behalf of Nu-Look's public relation response he might not be available, if not taken just as that can seem rude or expand in a different manner even to crack personal relationships.
We are speaking of adults now so, pretty sure Gazzman and Arly will deal with Pat and communicate to KM disregarding Country, doubting otherwise he should ever mention different to the guys.

The entire Nu-Look Band staff loves both Pat and KM always...Country including just as the konpa court. With respect Nu-Look musicians have to understand their promoter and not make personally issues other than that but tring to resolve them and business should remain business, right?

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unbelievable, given how bad that last video was and I think Country was behind that, he should giving Pat's number like water so his people could jusitfy how good that crappy video was. What a way to make friends in the media like this?? Ala koze!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

USAhaitian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Many people enjoy and dislike Nu-Look's video!
The responsibility of delivering the right message into action on film could have been the fault of anyone person in Nu-Look, and if it is Country the reviews suggest that the band had been working under a low budget! Lets not assume it had been Country behind Nu-Look's video, everyone hopes that each and every band in the HMI brings good product to reflect the art from Haiti, not who is backing up the work.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

USAHAITIAN....Are you the unofficial NU LOOK spokesperson?

KM!

USAhaitian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why would you say that? One who enjoys writing shouldn't be brought between disagreements; however, Nu-Look has many members that can represent them in situations where issues aren't made clear.

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, it could have been an error where country change phone and didn't have it.

...and one thing you have to realize PAT, anpil musicien nan HMI la kon démakew parfois se paské yo konnin si Ti Kò yo pa bon yo blije Jété yo. paské KM can either make you or break you.

Board sa a se yon fòs et pliské yo paka baw manti, yo konnin KM gin anpil bonne sources, yo maron moncher.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: