KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

T-VICE 2007 LIVE: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE REVIEW!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: T-VICE 2007 LIVE: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE REVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

The T-VICE 2007 LIVE CD will continue to do for the group what the studio cd has done. Except for 2 songs, the LIVE is basically a LIVE rendition of the studio CD, with grooves added. If you love/like the studio cd, you are going to feel the same about the LIVE if you are into LIVE CDS. If you did not like the studio CD in the first place, I am not sure if the Live is going to convince you.

HIGHLIGHTS

*CHACHE FANM PAW: Believe it or not, this was one of the songs that did NOT do anything for me when I reviewed the STUDIO CD when it came out, but ever since I saw them perform the tune LIVE, I can't get enough of it. IT IS A GREAT TRACK to start off a LIVE CD because the ENERGY on this track is SICKENING. This is how you catch one's attention from the start (Something that I felt that the KREZI LIVE did NOT have as their opening number. CARIMI also did very well with their kickoff track on their LIVE) Thic BAL/CLUB Banger sets the mood.

*J'AIMERAIS TE REVOIR: In terms of CROWD PARTICIPATION in the sense of what a TRUE LIVE should be, IT IS MY FAVORITE ON THE LIVE CD (CROWD PARTICIPATION ONLY that I am talking about). When the fans are singing the tune with JOCELYNE and ROBERTO, it is PURE MAGIC.

Most of the songs are on point and solid. "Beaute Dnagereuse", "Santim' Ta Kriye", and "Get to Know Me", "Ayity Pap Kraze" being my other favorites in there. To review each and every single song would be redundant.

LOWLIGHTS: In "PEDALE KOMPA", the FIRST SOLO GUITAR by ROBERTO sounds badly out of tune. I KNOW that is NOT how I heard it in the studio version, so it's either it's a bad note, or the sound does not sound good.

*There are a couple of places on the cd where the sound will be louder than others, and the perfect example is at the end of 'Santim Ta Kriye" if I am not mistaken, when the song ends, it sounds as if another plug just started working and came into effect...comme si li te bouche nan tout mizik la.

*THE BIGGEST NO NO ON THE CD: For me is WHY ON EARTH was that last song "SA'M FE MAP PEYE" added on this CD. It is an ENERGY KILLER because IT KILLS THE MOOD of the whole CD. The song is from a bal in Miami, and the same energy/vibe from the other songs taken from a bal in Haiti is CLEARLY not there. IT ENDS THE CD ON A BAD NOTE...MY OPINION of course. They would have been better off just leaving this VERSION of the song OFF the cd.

Having said that, being that I liked the studio cd, I really like this LIVE cd as well. This cd is SONG DRIVEN, meaning because of the popularity, quality, commercial aspect of the whole STUDIO CD, that is why TVICE is able to release a DOUBLE "LIVE" with that. THEY HAVE THE MATERIAL ON THE STUDIO CD to be able to do that, and that must be commended. Apart from the stuff that I mentioned, It is a cd that you will be enjoying in your stereo for awhile.

KM!

DonGabbana

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough Cool
M'byen kontan ke se pa mwen sèlman ki te wè PWOBLÈM sa

Quote:
There are a couple of places on the cd where the sound will be louder than others, and the perfect example is at the end of 'Santim Ta Kriye" if I am not mistaken, when the song ends, it sounds as if another plug just started working and came into effect...comme si li te bouche nan tout mizik la.

M'te enmen CD studyo pou ja'l te byen aranje e pou EFÒ nèg yo te fè byenke ORIJINALITE an pat la men sa nou pa pwal diskute sou sa... CD live pou mwen pa a limaj de CD studyo... Li just blaze'l dapre mwen menm... Too bad Cool

vèkèlè...Djakout # 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mwen tande kelke tracks nan CD live T-Vice la sou yon radyo nan Boston.
Sèl bagay mwen ka di c'est que tout moun tonbe nan fè bri tou..
CD studio a bon anpil but live sa mwen wè nèg yo mete deyo a pa gen okenn moun k'ap vin fè m' bwè potion magique..Jacmel Sursum Corda...

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
The T-VICE 2007 LIVE CD will continue to do for the group what the studio cd has done. Except for 2 songs, the LIVE is basically a LIVE rendition of the studio CD, with grooves added. If you love/like the studio cd, you are going to feel the same about the LIVE if you are into LIVE CDS. If you did not like the studio CD in the first place, I am not sure if the Live is going to convince you.

I think this part of your review makes sense, especially the last two sentences ot this paragraph. Frankly, i do not think that they have added too much in the lives taht were not on the studio cds

PS. By the way, vekele, no one has seen you in a million years on Km, but since it is a t-vice review, all of sudden, you are back from hibernation?
ou bon wi Laughing

vèkèlè...Djakout # 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Celestin mwen la oui bro,au contraire mwen toujou mande Nelou pou ou.Mwen li board la chak jou..
Pou mwen di w' bien mwen poko fin tande tout non, mwen panse gen kek tracks ki bon.
Actually se HAITI PAP KRAZE A map tande la .
Mwen panse li bon..Men tou fre m' gen kek tracks se bri selman neg yo fè..

Jacmel Sursum Corda..

MC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I bought the CD on Saturday and to tell you the truth, I didn't like it at all. I was turned off by the noise factor. Oh well...Better luck next time

Haitianone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat thanks for the heads up because I should be getting this live in the mail. Well, hopefully the band makes adjustments for the next time around.

neg_okap

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Minm fanatik T-vice konnen Live cd sa was big disappointment.M t'ap tann menm djoler yo t'ap fe pou studio album nan but m pa jwenn li.

sexype

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: ww Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your judgment.. PAt..

you can hurt me physically but you can never hurt my soul...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DonGabbana

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

neg_okap wrote:
Minm fanatik T-vice konnen Live cd sa was big disappointment.M t'ap tann menm djoler yo t'ap fe pou studio album nan but m pa jwenn li.

Post sa frèt frèt Laughing Laughing Laughing
Kòm si'm t'a di'w FANATIK VICE yo pa tande double cd sa menm Razz Razz Razz
LIVE la blaze "PI BON CD" an... Sa Bèto pwal di kounyè an JEZU Confused Confused Confused

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: