KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Has anyone noticed this about System?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Machiavel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Has anyone noticed this about System? Reply with quote Back to top

Over the years, I found that the best way to enjoy System is when they are playing with another band. When they play solo, i find the band to be a bit complacent.

I'll probably catch some heat from Yanvaloo about this post. Before you get on me Bro, just remember I am a huge fan of System too.

If you love a band, you must be willing to criticize it in public. If I can criticize other bands, then i can criticize my own.

kompared

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who?, are you afraid to speak your mind when it comes to System or what?
Laughing Laughing Laughing

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Crying or Very sad Oh oh it's your right bro.............

The thing is to this day , they play to the level of competition and what's infont of them. And when they are alone and not that much people you are absolutely Right.

But i love them best when they are alone , cause ampil Gouyad lmaoooooo Laughing Laughing Laughing

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kompared

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yanva, System-Zenglen, last Saturday was a great show!

Both bands played to their full potential.. Laughing Laughing

neg_montreal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed this about System? Reply with quote Back to top

who? wrote:
Over the years, I found that the best way to enjoy System is when they are playing with another band. When they play solo, i find the band to be a bit complacent.

I'll probably catch some heat from Yanvaloo about this post. Before you get on me Bro, just remember I am a huge fan of System too.

If you love a band, you must be willing to criticize it in public. If I can criticize other bands, then i can criticize my own.

à la de causer papa. Yon gros papa djazz tankou system band. ke system band seul ou bien ap débranché yon lòt djazz (like they do as usual) yo tout simplement a wonderfull live band. lan industrie sila pa gen moun ki konn géré buissness sa passé Douby. Antouka yap Montréal w-e sa pou kont yo 1500 personnes minimum.

Montréalais et Jérémien pour toujours

"Pa suiv mwen, mwen jwenn kòb monnen sou dlo" Gazzman Couleur

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompared wrote:
Yanva, System-Zenglen, last Saturday was a great show!

Both bands played to their full potential.. Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing I heard , was waiting for a Review here. Who those 2 Gason Makome' i heard about Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry call it Djazz gramou'n they get no Respect and that's cool. But when they Play with what you call Popular Band or Djazz ka'p minnin kounieaaaaaaaaaaa woushhhhhhhhhhhhh . They always find a way, I wonder Why. Idea Idea

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Machiavel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompared wrote:
who?, are you afraid to speak your mind when it comes to System or what?
Laughing Laughing Laughing

where is this coming from? Was that the impression that i gave you?

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's quite the other way around for me Mach!

The one time I enjoyed System Band the most was when they played by themselves at Brasserie this one Saturday night in 2001 I believe. The original crew was still together and the fellas were in full control of their stuff. During that time - it was like could do no wrong. Whatever they did live was the flavor of the month for the industry! Ti Nes, Kenny, Ronald, Reginald, Bigo, Blaise, Lucien, Douby, Ti Mitou, Ti Jean....neg yo pozzeeeeee mesye! Neg yo depoze yon konpa pur! Konpa sa te si telman pur - mwen sur minm Nemour Jean Baptist tap chakager kol nan sekey li.

It was like looking at shinning stars. It was like I'm in heaven

They were so good - they were untouchable. This was around the same time that DZINE was making noise and on their eay to their eventual break up. System by themselves that night was perhaps the most memorable bal in my life.

Neg yo poze. Reginald kontan, Ronald kontan, guitar yo komunike byen, Maestro a minm se pa pale, Mitou sou full control, Jazz la pozeeee mesye!

Oh Jesus - System Band, mwen pap sa bliye'w! Mwen pap janm ka bliye'w! Thanks for the memories fellas! You're the best. The very best. There were simply none like you!

Ronald Smith - what a genius! What a genius! What a genius this guy is! Se sa'm rele poto mitan! Le Ronald la, jazz la kager sou do misye - epi'l fe job tout moun vin pi fasil!

It's like having Michael Jordan in your team. He's so good, he makes everyone around him better! Epoutan se li kap pot chay la sou do'l wi!!!

Mach - yon band konsa...nan epok sa....there's no way I would even begin to wish to see them with another band.

Any other band ki ta la nan tan sa...li tap gater performance la poou mwen. Heck - it'd have ruined the whole night for me. I might as well take my money back and go home. Heck - I'd go hime even w/o the money. I just wouldn't want to hear it.

le'w gin yon band ka jwe nan level System Band a lepok - ou pa mete'l ak lot band. Se pou kont li ou met sa!

Ti Boxer

kompared

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dabenz was on fire that night. Reginald and Frerot made the mistake of starting a beef with your guy, Dabenz.
I do not think, there was a need for that.

Both bands played extremely well, but the combination of Dabenz and Douby was too much for Regi and Frerot. If it was not for Frerot, Dabenz would have killed Zenglen by himself. Regi started the war on Miami radio calling Dabenz " Gracia photocopy", but was unable to deliver live.
Do not get me wrong, the dude is an excellent vocalist, but animation wise, Frerot proved last Saturday that is the lead singer of the band.

It was not a KO, but Zenglen te jwen Samedi.

YAnva ou perdu 3/4 nan vi ou. ZENGLEN-SYSTEM anpil bon jan kompa te perdu la vi yo nan Marabou!!! Laughing Laughing

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompared wrote:
Dabenz was on fire that night. Reginald and Frerot made the mistake of starting a beef with your guy, Dabenz.
I do not think, there was a need for that.

Both bands played extremely well, but the combination of Dabenz and Douby was too much for Regi and Frerot. If it was not for Frerot, Dabenz would have killed Zenglen by himself. Regi started the war on Miami radio calling Dabenz " Gracia photocopy", but was unable to deliver live.
Do not get me wrong, the dude is an excellent vocalist, but animation wise, Frerot proved last Saturday that is the lead singer of the band.

It was not a KO, but Zenglen te jwen Samedi.

YAnva ou perdu 3/4 nan vi ou. ZENGLEN-SYSTEM anpil bon jan kompa te perdu la vi yo nan Marabou!!! Laughing Laughing

Partner even when you don't see me i'm there , I did hear that interview on Touche'm douce and i think it was funny as hell................
And what you describing upthere is what i heard ......... and even on my phone they let me listen when they playing.yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh i'm Sick like that. ti Gason Makome' yo.. Very Happy started something they can't finish. And by the way don't Forget Blaise Back there kap Mete Piman tou Laughing Laughing Laughing

Why is this band still holding it down when ever they take Shot at them uhhhhhh ....hahaha , Yes Compas Zenglen l is good, yes yo Pi Popule' lan Moment an but Dagggggggggggg , why do i handle them and so many others , those that tell you something.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: