KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ZENGLEN/RICHIE MEETING SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY (TMRW)!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: ZENGLEN/RICHIE MEETING SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY (TMRW)! Reply with quote Back to top

According to Zenglen investor ACHILL, there is a meeting that is supposed to take place tmrw between ZENGLEN and RICHIE. Is this possibly when and where we are going to find out if RICHIE has quit the band?

STAY TUNED.

We'll keep you posted.

KM!

kompared

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The fact that the meeting will be between Zenglen and Richie and not between Archill and Richie reinforces the taught that the problem is beyond those two individuals.

Archill had managed to turn the rest of the band against Richie in releasing a "ZENGLEN LIVE"(with some Richie solo CD songs, Deception of Nickenson and a song interpreted by Zenglen) instead of a "HAPPY 50th LIVE" by Richie.

Not that I'm taking Richie side for I do not know what was the deal between Richie and Archill, but the fact remains the rest of the band feels more comfortable with Archill concept of the LIVE CD.

Unless Richie and his bandmates regain the trust and the camaraderie which have been vital for ZENGLEN success, tomorrow meeting can only be a quick fix... Laughing Laughing

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, good luck and best wishes to Zenglen and Richie. Let's hope reason reigns.

Also let's hope for an official press release.

All this rumoring and guessing is getting QUITE TIRESOME.

Just give us some FACTS >>>> nOT RUMORS, NOT GUESSINGS....

just FACTS.....Is that too much to ask?

Mexkompa

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MEXKOMPA

Who's giving you rumors? I hope you are not referring to us.

KM!

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Pat,

I was not refering to KM > If you post, I know it has foundation.

I am refering to posts floating around >>>

Word is on the street that Richie has a new band.............
Word is that Achil made this record but not the other.......
Word is that Richie is leaving...............
Word in SWEET WATER!! is that Charlote is doing regaeton....

know what I mean?

I was refering also to Zenglen, Richie and Archil neither whom had had the courtesy to explain what is going on for real. FACTS JUST FACTS PLEASE.

Thanks,

Mexkompa

kompared

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mexkompa, Richie may not have a live interview yet(facts), but the dude talks to a lot of people in the HMI circle about this problem, if you know what I mean....

For example, Beji, an HMI media personality in Miami after talking to Richie(not live) gave the superstarmaker take on the matter.

Just in case if you were referring also to my reply, I stand behind it 100%!!!

MWEN PA JAN"M PALE SA"M PA KONNIN!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Laughing LOL >>>>>>>> Well, yes, actually in fact I do was refering to your post Kompared! >>> I find it funny because you came right back at me..Quick as the wind...you are right.....I meant your poster.

Thanks for the info. It makes sense. I see clear now.
But how am I to know? You see.

Example, when you said > Beji, an HMI media personality in Miami after talking to Richie(not live) gave the superstarmaker take on the matter.

NOW THIS IS DIFFERENT. > It was not on your original post. You are giving now FACTS, details, and sources. It changes.

but word is on the street....???????? I just think is not good for our music community to be going around spreding unfounded rumors just because >.we heard on the street............

Thanks for the clarification. I am a believer now.

MWEN PA JAN"M PALE SA"M PA KONNIN!!
When I speak is because I know. >>
>> did I get it right?? .....Yes!!! I am learning kreyol Very Happy >>>>

What I really need is a live dictionary if u know what I mean... Laughing Laughing Cool bel black rose from the kreyol .......... wonderful creation.... Embarassed

Mexkompa

PS Oh well, maybe Richie has a strong artistic vision that he needs to pursue on his own ....good luck to the bro.....Richie bro, just keep playing your drums and keep droping beautiful full sound Kompa music. God Bless.

kompared

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mexkompas, one does not need to be a genius to understand reasons behind Richie decision to " strike".

When was the last time an employer striked against his own company just because he does not get along with one of his employees?
NEVER!!!

Archill was hired by Richie. Zenglen is Richie's business...If the rest of the band was behind Richie, Archill would have been the one to strike or get fired..!

THIS IS VERY SIMPLE!!! Laughing Laughing

MexKompa, I applaud your interest in the creole language!!
It is an honor to find out!!!! Laughing Laughing

FUNKY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Antouka good luck to them..hope they can come out with something positive Rolling Eyes

Gromosso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chances are this meeting will be a formality. Crying or Very sad I have to admit, I hate to see Richie leaving Zenglen but I guess the man is doing what he feels is best for himself.

If this is truly the case, both Zenglen and Richie will have my support. Crying or Very sad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: